1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Satans existence

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by AidanK, Sep 27, 2016.

1. AidanK

AidanK New Member

Have been thinking about this quite a bit recently. Why does God not only allow Satan to exist but also allows him to go abroad?

Carol55 likes this.
  2. CrewDog

CrewDog Powers

People have been wondering about satan and EVIL since the Dawn of Human History! I wonder about that myself ... Why God!? The fact Good & Evil exists is .... a fact of life .... and People of Faith ... Well! ... must Have Faith because this question is a Mystery among many that I hope will be revealed one day ... SOON ... Please God!

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

Carol55 likes this.
  3. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

Why...because of choices. God doesn't want robots. God allows acceptance or denial. Nature in and of itself, just is...and is good. All good returns to God. Nature had no choice, only the laws of nature (natural law).

Angels were created by God...as pure spirits. But God did not impose His will...He allowed Angels to decide their fate. Lucifer said "I will not serve. That left him totally void of God and Gods goodness. And when lucifer said no...so did 1/3 of the Angels. At that point, they lost their connection to God. Complete separation of Gods goodness. They were sent to the great godless void.

So, God knew He had to create something greater then the purely spiritual...and that became man. But this great created creature was actually weaker...as well as lower form of intelligence. An intelligent spiritual/material creature that has the capacity of finding and accepting God. That is what man is. But to become totally fulfilled one must accept God. One must allow God to work through us. It takes total acceptance of God

So back to the question...why God allows the created one to exist. Because when he denied God, he was sent to the great void. A void that has no god...nothing good. Pure anti-god...that is what we call evil. But the fallen angels are still spiritual and connected to God until the final judgement or better said final separation of good and evil.

But as nature moves towards its end. Man continues his/her journey. Because bad Angels are spiritual beings, they can still enter the natural world. They really can't enter nature directly or change or modify natural law...but they can if God allows. But because they are spiritual they are allowed to be around us. That is how temptation comes to play. So, yes...by the law of nature, spiritual beings are allowed to be with us (temptation or guidance). And that is how the spiritual interacts with man and natural law.

Hope that helps...

Spiritually blurred

May Gods Will be Done

DeGaulle and AidanK like this.
  4. Nobody in the history of the church had a definitive answer to that question. This is a great mystery.

5. Demons can modify nature through occult energies from the earth that we still do not know. These energies are the point of contact between the natural and the preternatural. Demons usually can make wonders.

6. fallen saint

Ok
    There is no right and wrong but I can only give you my insites through my studies, prayers and experiences. Some saints have written of visions of the created one taking to God. Most of the time the devil is asking for something. God, as perfect justice, agrees or disagrees.

I think the world is ruled by natural law. Everything has a action that causes a reaction. The law of nature keeps everything in perfect order. For the spiritual to get interfere with natural law...God must allow.

For there to be spiritual balance and justice...there can't be unlimited demonic wonders. Every time the spiritual realm enters the world supernaturally...it affects the balance. I do think the spiritual can guide but not directly change natural law without approval of God.

May Gods Will be Done

kk

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

I don't know if you have read read St Catherine of Siena 's , 'Dialogue with God'. St Catheirne is a Doctor of the Church and in this book , St Catherine asks God a series of questions which God answers ; as here;

https://www.ewtn.com/library/SOURCES/CATHDIAL.HTM

Of the use of temptations, and how every soul in her extremity sees her final place either of pain or of glory, before she is separated from the body.

"The Devil, dearest daughter, is the instrument of My Justice to torment the souls who have miserably offended Me. And I have set him in this life to tempt and molest My creatures, not for My creatures to be conquered, but that they may conquer, proving their virtue, and receive from Me the glory of victory. And no one should fear any battle or temptation of the Devil that may come to him, because I have made My creatures strong, and have given them strength of will, fortified in the Blood of my Son, which will, neither Devil nor creature can move, because it is yours, given by Me. You therefore, with free arbitration, can hold it or leave it, according as you please. It is an arm, which, if you place it in the hands of the Devil, straightway becomes a knife, with which he strikes you and slays you. But if man do not give this knife of his will into the hands of the Devil, that is, if he do not consent to his temptations and molestations, he will never be injured by the guilt of sin in any temptation, but will even be fortified by it, when the eye of his intellect is opened to see My love which allowed him to be tempted, so as to arrive at virtue, by being proved. For one does not arrive at virtue except through knowledge of self, and knowledge of Me, which knowledge is more perfectly acquired in the time of temptation, because then man knows himself to be nothing, being unable to lift off himself the pains and vexations which he would flee; and he knows Me in his will, which is fortified by My goodness, so that it does not yield to these thoughts. And he has seen that My love permits these temptations, for the devil is weak, and by himself can do nothing, unless I allow him. And I let him tempt, through love, and not through hatred, that you may conquer, and not that you may be conquered, and that you may come to a perfect knowledge of yourself, and of Me, and that virtue may be proved, for it is not proved except by its contrary. You see, then, that he is my Minister to torture the damned in Hell, and in this life, to exercise and prove virtue in the soul. Not that it is the intention of the Devil to prove virtue in you (for he has not love), but rather to deprive you of it, and this he cannot do, if you do not wish it. Now you see, then, how great is the foolishness of men in making themselves feeble, when I have made them strong, and in putting themselves into the hands of the Devil. Wherefore, know, that at the moment of death, they, having passed their life under the lordship of the Devil (not that they were forced to do so, for as I told you they cannot be forced, but they voluntarily put themselves into his hands), and, arriving at the extremity of their death under this perverse lordship, they await no other judgment than that of their own conscience, and desperately, despairingly, come to eternal damnation. Wherefore Hell, through their hate, surges up to them in the extremity of death, and before they get there, they take hold of it, by means of their lord the Devil. As the righteous, who have lived in charity and died in love, if they have lived perfectly in virtue, illuminated with the light of faith, with perfect hope in the Blood of the Lamb, when the extremity of death comes, see the good which I have prepared for them, and embrace it with the arms of love, holding fast with pressure of love to Me, the Supreme and Eternal Good. And so they taste eternal life before they have left the mortal body, that is, before the soul be separated from the body. Others who have passed their lives, and have arrived at the last extremity of death with an ordinary charity (not in that great perfection), embrace My mercy with the same light of faith and hope that had those perfect ones, but, in them, it is imperfect, for, because they were imperfect, they constrained My mercy, counting My mercy greater than their sins. The wicked sinners do the contrary, for, seeing, with desperation, their destination, they embrace it with hatred, as I told you. So that neither the one nor the other waits for judgment, but, in departing this life, they receive every one their place, as I have told you, and they taste it and possess it before they depart from the body, at the extremity of death -- the damned with hatred and with despair, and the perfect ones with love and the light of faith and with the hope of the Blood. And the imperfect arrive at the place of Purgatory, with mercy and the same faith."

upload_2016-9-28_6-46-41.jpeg

Mac likes this.
  8. padraig

padraig New Member

Personally I beleive the key to understanding all that God does is love, for God is love and all that He does comes from love and is motivated by love.

1 John 4:8

8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Now love must be freely given, not force otherwise it is not love. To this extent God who is all powerful is covered in chains of gold for He is hampered by this love in that it cannot be forced and it was this love that led Him to death, even death on a Cross. Thus God sprang form the heavens , love forcing Him to become a slave.

Philippians 2:7

The Attitude of Christ
    …6Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to cling to, 7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross.…

[​IMG]

Booklady likes this.
  9. padraig

padraig New Member

When Satan and one third of the Stars of heaven (his fellow demons) were thrown from heaven they came to Earth in great wrath intending harm to men of whom they had concieved a great envy;

Revelation 12:12

Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short."

upload_2016-9-28_6-58-55.jpeg

10. padraig

padraig New Member

But the devil although his intentions were to harm is used by God to do a greater good. The original name , 'Satan', from the Hebrew actually means , 'Advesary', which is exactly his role here on Earth., He serves as a kind of State Prosecutor accusing us in the heavenly places, to test our love and our sure walking in the paths of love.

He is the one who accuses us in the heavenly places.

Revelation 12:10

The War in Heaven
    …9And the great dragon was hurled down—the ancient serpent called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him. 10And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying: “Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of His Christ. For the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, he who accuses them day and night before our God. 11They have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; and they did not love their lives so as to shy away from death.…

[​IMG]

11. padraig

padraig New Member

So Satan depsite himself serves God and Gods plan as out tester and State prosecutor. He tests us like gold in a furnace. He tests our love.

[​IMG]

12. padraig

padraig New Member

You can see this testing so well in the Book of Job:

Booklady likes this.
  13. padraig

padraig New Member

14. fallen saint

Devil is Real :(

Booklady likes this.
  15. CrewDog

CrewDog Powers

As The Forces of Darkness seem to gather about us, especially this Election Year, and Bearers of Light seem hard to come by ..... Today's verse seems appropriate:

HeartLight Daily Verse - 29 September
    John 3:20-21
    Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.
    Thoughts on today's verse:
    Truth is seen in what it does and whom it seeks.
    Prayer:
    Father of every heavenly light, I ask you to correct me gently as I place myself, my imperfections, failures and sins in your presence. Forgive and cleanse me by the blood of Jesus so that I might be spotless, holy, and blameless in your sights. O Lord, I don't want just to be forgiven, I want to be useful to you and your church. Please help me find my way to usefulness. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
    Visit heartlight.org for more
    GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

Booklady, DeGaulle and fallen saint like this.
  16. fallen saint

Holy Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do you, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who wander through the world seeking the ruin of souls.
    Amen.

17. Marie-Lou

Marie-Lou Angels

Love this prayer. My Granda, God rest his soul, said the world went mad after they stopped saying it in mass. I try to say it daily to help keep the devil away from myself and my family.

18. padraig

padraig New Member

One day a great , great Pope will come, one trained by Our Lady herself. He will dedicate Russia to the Immaculate Heart ,as requested. Pronounce the last Marian Dogma's. Oversee the return of the Jews , the Proptetants Sects and Islam to the fold of holy mother CHurch and among other things reinstate the prayer of St Michael , reinstating the liturgy in al lits glory.

That day is not far off.

He wil also give what remains of the heretics and feemasons prowling the Vatican the Order of the Boot.

This day is not far off.

Booklady and garabandal like this.
  19. JAK

JAK Principalities

I do hope it is soon, like next year.

20. AidanK

AidanK New Member

The Tridentine Mass retains the Prayer to Saint Michael

Booklady likes this.