1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Satan has entered the MOG boards in force

Discussion in 'Church Critique' started by Dean, Oct 4, 2017.

1. AED

AED Powers

St Terrsa of Avila said "why do people go around saying The Devil! The devil! When they should be saying God! God!"
    Just a reminder to myself that the world and the flesh play a big part in our troubles. Padraig is right that the evil one is more active than ever but I don't see it operating here as long as we stay civil and patient with each other. Padraig is doing a wonderful job pretty single handedly. Let's not make his job harder.

Byron, Shae and gracia like this.
  2. Fiat

Fiat The Good Shepherd

I think Dean is taking some literary license here (I sure hope I used that phrase correctlyo_O). Of course, not ALL confusion comes from Satan. Just read any instruction insert for electronics written by engineers! But Satan seeks to weave in confusion to create conflict and doubt. Look at the Lourdes apparition. When our Blessed Mother appeared to Bearnadette, there we reports throughout the city/province of the BVM appearing to others. Those were false apparitions instigated by the evil one. Here in suburban Detroit, with an apparition to a Chaldean woman earlier this decade, the woman's spiritual director told me shortly after the first few apparitions, the evil one disguised as our Mother appeared to numerous other individuals to sew confusion, doubt and disbelief that the pious Chaldean woman was truly seeing Mary. So, yes, confusion, is modus opereandi for Satan.

Seagrace and David Healy like this.
  3. Mary's child

Mary's child Archangels

On another note, the Magi followed the star to Bethlaham. (y)

sparrow, DivineMercy, AED and 2 others like this.
  4. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Dean, all confusion does not come from Satan. That is ridiculous. While God is not the author of confusion, confusion also comes from lack of knowledge. A 5th grader may be an A student in math, but show him algebra, geometry or trigonometry and you will see one confused child. Satan has nothing to do with it and neither does God. It is simply a lack of knowledge on a subject. That is what happens more time than not when it comes to any confusion amongst anyone on the MOG forum when they may disagree. Some on the forum have good knowledge of scripture, some on church teachings, some on prophecy some just learning them all, but none of this is do to Satan or God. Yet, with an open mind and a heart bent towards truth, God will help with confusion. Likewise a heart that is not open to truth, one can be lead deeper into confusion that does come from Satan. Fairly simple to understand really.

DivineMercy, Byron, Kwaters and 4 others like this.
  5. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

I don't know about that.
    I'm pretty sure math is evil ;)

sparrow, Byron, AED and 8 others like this.
  6. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Math is not evil for me, but the other higher stuff sure can be :confused:

Shae and Praetorian like this.
  7. Fatima

Fatima Powers

"My people, this time of confusion will only multiply. When the signs begin to come forth like boxcars, know that the confusion will only multiply with it. Pray! Pray dear children. Prayer is what will keep you strong and will allow you the grace to defend the truth and persevere in these times of trials and sufferings". —Jesus allegedly to Jennifer; November 3, 2005; wordsfromjesus.com

sparrow and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  8. soldier of christ

soldier of christ Principalities

[QUOTE="Fiat, Here in suburban Detroit, with an apparition to a Chaldean woman earlier this decade, the woman's spiritual director told me shortly after the first few apparitions, the evil one disguised as our Mother appeared to numerous other individuals to sew confusion, doubt and disbelief that the pious Chaldean woman was truly seeing Mary. So, yes, confusion, is modus opereandi for Satan.[/QUOTE]

I have read about her, but it seems that there is not much information these days about it. Can you tell me if it is still ongoing? Last I heard she was suffering terribly.

9. Fiat

Fiat The Good Shepherd

I have read about her, but it seems that there is not much information these days about it. Can you tell me if it is still ongoing? Last I heard she was suffering terribly.[/QUOTE]
    I think it is but can't say for sure. It's been quite a while since I last spoke with her spiritual director. I've been told the Bishop of the Chaldean Catholic Church does not want these apparitions to be made public. Here's her website: http://www.motherofthekingofkings.com/

Booklady likes this.
  10. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Note the little smilie I had with my post - whistling.

I am sure Dean doesn't mind my world play I was only having a bit of fun. I couldn't find a smilie with 'tongue in cheek'!

11. Dean

Dean Archangels

I’m not easily offended. What I meant by confusion from Satan is in our faith and beliefs. I believe when there is confusion that the evil one is working his magic. God never causes confusion. I’m not talking about a math problem here.

When PF makes a statement that causes confusion that in no way is inspired by the Holy Spirit. Same with astronomy. We all (including myself) at times are influenced by evil. I would say especially those on this board. Stan doesn’t care about those who already reject God. He wants those who long to be with God for eternity

Seagrace and Don_D like this.
  12. padraig

padraig New Member

I am struck by the deep Catholic maturity and knowledge of so many forum members here. Some of them are holy, some very holy a few even saintly. I think this corrects the 'tilt' to the zany a lot.

Some posters are very knowledgeable and holy indeed , remembering that these are 'only' Catholic laypeople. It makes me thing of the Vatican 2 Document on lay people and their role, 'Lumen Gentium'. It gives me the greatest hope.

But I was always resolved to end the forum if it took a bad turn , to end it at once and finally. This has never happened. But I do enjoy and am thankful for critique, keep em coming, Dean. :) It does not annoy me, I enjoy and welcome it.

I would mention that I consider more than one or two posting on the forum to be actual saints. By that I actually mean that after death they could with ease be raised to the Altars of the Church. I do not write this lightly, people should watch out for these folk when they post. I always do.

13. Do you think ridiculous mixing different matters? Is it dishonesty or ignorance? The signs that Jesus says will be visible to all, since this will be in the midst of the tribulation.

25There will be signs in the sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismayamong the nations, bewildered by the roaring of the sea and the surging of the waves. 26Men will faint from fear and anxiety over what is coming upon the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.…"

A totally different matter is to follow the course of the stars to discover when it will be the Warning or Miracle or any other great event. The great events will be extraordinary and will not follow the ordinary course of the stars and you are wasting your time.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    Dean likes this.
  14. padraig

padraig New Member

I woke up about 3:30 this morning and stayed awake for an hour thinking and praying about the Passion , standing at the Foot of the Cross. I always feel somewhat embarrassed doing this. My heart feels as cold as stone. No tears. There is real sorrow there for my sins that nailed Jesus there but it seems so little. My heart like stone.

Anyway I thought of the Sacred blood. The average adult has twelve pints of blood. The same amount as the 12 tribes of Israel of the 12 apostles. 12 pints when you think of it is quite a large amount of liquid. The blood must have been everywhere like a little lake. We read that when the spear passed through the heart of Jesus water and blood came forth. So Jesus shed every last drop of His blood.

He gave it all.

Then the Words of Jesus in the Garden came ot me, 'Father if it be possible let this pass from me'. So Jesus knew He was to give everything, everything , everything.

Anyway that is what I was thinking of as I stood below the Cross this morning. :):) Washed in the Blood of the Lamb.

15. padraig

padraig New Member

I think one of the things written about Our Blessed Lady that has touched me most down the years was this statement, written by a mystic,

'The thought of her Son's Passion was never out of Mary's mind'.

This is so true as we can see from Scripture with the Prophecies at the Presentation of the Child Jesus.

Luke 2:22-40

Jesus Presented in the Temple

22 When the time came for the purification rites required by the Law of Moses, Joseph and Mary took him to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord 23 (as it is written in the Law of the Lord, “Every firstborn male is to be consecrated to the Lord”a]">[a]), 24 and to offer a sacrifice in keeping with what is said in the Law of the Lord: “a pair of doves or two young pigeons.”b]">[b]

25 Now there was a man in Jerusalem called Simeon, who was righteous and devout. He was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was on him. 26 It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not die before he had seen the Lord’s Messiah. 27 Moved by the Spirit, he went into the temple courts. When the parents brought in the child Jesus to do for him what the custom of the Law required, 28 Simeon took him in his arms and praised God, saying:

29 “Sovereign Lord, as you have promised,
    you may now dismissc]">[c] your servant in peace.
    30 For my eyes have seen your salvation,
    31 which you have prepared in the sight of all nations:
    32 a light for revelation to the Gentiles,
    and the glory of your people Israel.”

33 The child’s father and mother marveled at what was said about him. 34 Then Simeon blessed them and said to Mary, his mother: “This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against, 35 so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too.”

36 There was also a prophet, Anna, the daughter of Penuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was very old; she had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage, 37 and then was a widow until she was eighty-four.d]">[d] She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying. 38 Coming up to them at that very moment, she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem.

39 When Joseph and Mary had done everything required by the Law of the Lord, they returned to Galilee to their own town of Nazareth. 40 And the child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was on him.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    Mary's child and gracia like this.
  16. padraig

padraig New Member

So just as Mary's Heart was always at the Foot of the Cross, looking upwards so must ours too, in prayer. Never far, never far from the Foot of the Cross.

As is shown so well in the Sacred Icon of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour.

[​IMG]

AED and gracia like this.
  17. jackzokay

jackzokay Angels

18. jackzokay

jackzokay Angels

I found your post very interesting Dean. In fact it struck a chord with me...

If it's okay, I would like to give you my perspective; my experiences with regard 'The Forum'.
    Firstly, I'm a family man. We are a rosary family, saying it almost daily. We attend chapel regularly and visit the Eucharist in adoration often. My children know the faith.

So, I was regularly visiting the site for a couple of years before actually commenting / posting. I enjoyed it very much, and still do. Someone on this forum pointed me in the direction of You Tubes - Sensus Fidelium. And for a spud peeling, dish-washing, hill-walking father of 5 - a new world came into my life. Sensus Fidelium means I can now complete my chores and duties while listening to the wisdom of people like Fathers Ripperger and Reyela. It truly is a God-send. There have of course been other forms of wisdom, gleaned from the knowledge of others on this site too.

Anyways, a while ago I had a difference of viewpoint with some of the people that visit and post here often. The conversation degenerated into name-calling, mud-throwing. I was reported to a moderator. I was 'spoken-to'. And rightly so.
    As a social worker, we are taught reflection. And I resolved then to take a time-away, and to reflect on the matter. For several months I did not return to the site. When I did, I again enjoyed the wisdom of many posters. However, I did not post for about a year. And then only tentatively. Merely liking some posts....

My personality however is such that I must get involved in things. I also reflected that the people that were exchanging insults where wrong to do so. However, it is not my place to reflect FOR them. I believe everyone is on their own, personal journey. And I have enough problems trying to manage my own misdemeanours.

To get to the point; I think I learned during my time of reflection that Satan and his minions are everywhere. They aim to suck us into negativity. They use everything against us: our pride in our nation, our pride in ourselves, our values, our beliefs; they know and regularly use our sensitivities in everyday situations - such as the conversations and debates had on honest, genuine websites such as this one.

I would however like to take this opportunity to apologise to anyone that I caused offence to (most likely no one remembers, but at least when I meet my maker - he and I will know that I went back and made reparation of sorts, I apologised for my careless words).
    Im not apologising for my views. But for how I engaged in negative discussion.

To get this post back on track, I do not believe MOG has been infiltrated by Satan, no. But I do feel he and his minions lurk everywhere, awaiting their chance to sow discord in prideful humanity.

It is up to us, the people here to see the good, and not react to the bad. I think humility is the keyword when interacting with others.

Pray4peace, sparrow, Shae and 7 others like this.
  19. AED

AED Powers

Wise and charitable words Jack. There is no blueprint for these times. Scripture sketches in the broad outlines but it is still one step at a time and most often in the dark. Diabolical disorientation abounds. Like you I have found sensus fidellium. It is of immense help and so is this forum. For me there is great comfort in corresponding with real--as opposed to cafeteria--Catholics. MOG is a Godsend but I think two rules should apply. Never break charity and never lose your peace. It sounds like you have arrived at the same place. Please keep commenting. We Need you . God bless.

sparrow, Shae, gracia and 3 others like this.
  20. sparrow

sparrow Archangels

Humility is what makes saints. Our own opinions do not have to be accepted and accepting that is humility. If there is some discrepancy, state your thoughts and move on, always keeping peace in your heart.