Salvation comes

Discussion in 'Scriptural Thoughts' started by Mario, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Mario

Mario Powers

Miker brought up this song in the Medjugorje thread and the line, "...out of Zion's hill salvation comes" grabbed my heart. Below is the most likely route Mary traveled to visit Elizabeth. Notice that Mary would have come from Zion's hill (Jerusalem) to reach the hill country of Judah. In one sense, then, salvation came to Elizabeth out of Zion's hill:

[​IMG]

Luke 1:39 In those days Mary arose and went with haste into the hill country, to a city of Judah, 40 and she entered the house of Zechari'ah and greeted Elizabeth. 41 And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit 42 and she exclaimed with a loud cry, "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! 43 And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 For behold, when the voice of your greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leaped for joy. 45 And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfilment of what was spoken to her from the Lord."

Our Lady comes again today to bring her Son's salvation through the Trumph of her Immaculate Heart. This morning I wept in anguish and then joy to think that the scourge of abortion will soon be crushed. Our great-grandchildren will frown in an attempt to consider how the killing of the unborn could ever be!

Yes, Jesus, let salvation come out of Zion's hill! Maranatha!

There is no God like Jehovah!

Ps 50:2 Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God shines forth.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    bflocatholic and maryrose like this.