1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Teresa of Avilla and Jesus

Discussion in 'The Saints' started by sponsa Christi, Sep 16, 2017.

1. sponsa Christi

sponsa Christi Sponsa Christi Catholic with Baptism of desire

English translation Will you know how to love me? If you read between the lines Between the fears, between the signs A little bit further than the eyes can see If you believed in the impossible That there is an hour and a a shore to make room for the wonderfull Then everything could begin Because behind the appearances, behind the claws of existence There is so much beauty Because behind the differences In spite of the past, the distances Everything still has to be invented Will you know how to love me? Will you know how to love me? Do you hear the pure heart, under the rumours, under the murmurs That tell my tender truths See the light under the embellishments The true color and nature who will well know how to transport us Towards our metamorphosed lives Because behind the appearances, behind the claws of existence There is so much beauty Because behind the differences In spite of the past, the distance Everything still has to be invented Behind the appearances, there is so much hope and an immense sky that we could share Just behind our differences, the promises of these days that are dancing, still to be invented. Will you know how to love me? You will know how to love me. I will let myself go...

Kwaters and Mario like this.
  2. Katfalls

Katfalls Principalities

If you want to know St.Teresa of Jesus read "The Way Of Perfection". My favorite chapters are The Lords Prayer and The Eucharist. Very deep and meaningful, of course she is a Doctor of the Church and she has good medicine for the soul. It's a book you can read over and over . . .JMJT

sterph and Kwaters like this.
  3. I have great admiration for St Teresa of Avila.
    I have tried to read the books but after a few pages I'm worn down.
    I hope she forgives me but I'm not made that way .

gracia likes this.