1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.

Saint Hildegard's Prophecies

Discussion in 'The mystical and Paranormal' started by padraig, Aug 17, 2009.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

Part of Hildegards prophecies appear to refer to the USA:

http://www.unitypublishing.com/prophecy ... dSaint.htm

The great nation in the ocean that is inhabited by people of different tribes and descent by an earthquake, storm and tidal waves will be devastated. It will be divided, and in great part submerged. That nation will also have many misfortunes at sea, and lose its colonies in the east through a Tiger and a Lion.

The national symbol of Iran is the Lion and the tiger that of China.

Attached Files:

2. Rain

Rain Angels

I hope you don't mind, I expanded your quotation:

Interesting how she said the German Empire will be divided. That already happened. Does this mean we're already in the minor chastisement, whaddaya think?
  3. padraig

padraig Powers

Yes, Deanna, I believe we are in the Tribulation, the 'Minor Chastisemnt'; though its only ,'MINOR' compared to the immediate times before the End of the World.

"Then shall be great tribulation such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall be."

cf:

http://www.orthodoxphotos.com/readings/ ... igns.shtml

"That is, it will be the worst and most difficult time of suffering in the whole history of the world. You can read history books and find that there have been many times in the history of the world when there was great suffering. If you read about what happened to the Jews when Jerusalem was taken after the death of Christ, you will find that such suffering as went on then was unparalleled. In other places there has been almost as much suffering. And yet the great tribulation at the very end will be much worse. Of course, it will be worldwide and involve everyone, not just one people, and will be something of a very impressive character. It will be called "such tribulation that the world has never seen."

The Orthodox guy who wrote this is right up to point, he didn't write about the Triumph of Mary which Pope JP2 wrote about the long period of peace...then the entrance to the immediate End Times after, some say a 1000 years, not 'at once'.
  4. garabandal

garabandal Powers

The minor chastisment that will inflict this generation has many of the characteristics of the Great Tribualtion that precedes
    the end of the world. But thankfully our Lady has guaranteed that in the end her Immaculate Heart will triumph over evil of this
    generation and a period of peace will be granted to the world.

I suspect that [if God spares me] I might live to see the triumph of her Heart but I might be quite old!!!

I am one year older than the eldest Medjugorje visionary!!
  5. Seán

Seán New Member

It is interesting to note that chastisements in the history of humanity from God are dependent upon the morality of the human race, and with society more sinful than ever before, chastisements are well indeed due. The Austrian mystic Maria Simma, who was given the grace to perceive Holy Souls in Purgatory, once said that the twentieth century’s sins would be worse than all previous centuries put together. We can see how true this indeed was, and still is. Two world wars, communism, a Jewish holocaust, materialism, the rise of contraception and abortion, clerical sexual abuse scandals worldwide, immodesty in dress and behaviour and so on. This, I believe corresponds to a vision Pope Leo XIII on October 13, 1884, where he saw the devil asking Our Lord for 100 years to have greater influence and power. This was confirmed as the 20th century in a Medjugorje message in the 1980s. Technology and money has all but robbed democratic societies worldwide of the Gospel today in our daily lives. A couple of years ago, Pope Benedict criticised the EU for not including God in their constitution, which they obviously did not heed:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKL2421365520070324

Private revelation is rampant nowadays with allusions to near-future prophetic calamities. Fr. Gobbi, Garabandal, Medjugorje’s secrets and La Salette, for example, contain numerous references to future events and chastisements, some revealed, some unknown as of yet. At another (church approved) apparition, at Akita, Japan during the 1970s, Our Lady explicitly spoke of a great chastisement soon to come:

Mary reveals something interesting here – the chastisement would have already overwhelmed us were it not for her intervention and prayer to Jesus to hold back His arm of Justice a little longer. These calamities, we are to understand, would already have happened by the 1970s (the time of these messages) were it not for her motherly intervention.

Later that year, in October 1973, Our Lady described the calamities to come in more detail:

With greater sins comes greater punishment. As Our Lady revealed at Fatima, “Wars are a punishment for the sins of the world.” And with the gravest sins being committed on a daily (and nightly) basis in these times, punishment is indeed due. This is according to Jesus himself, who, during the twentieth century, appeared to Servant of God Luisa Piccaretta and told Luisa about the ‘Three Renewals of the World’:

The world is being renewed because of its sinfulness; so many souls have rejected and turned away from God, preferring instead the superficial comforts of the earthly life, to storing up spiritual treasures in Heaven, through prayer, mercy and self-denial. It is thus reasonable to assume that the current time is preparing the way for great chastisements, and these will each be marked with a clear start-point. With the passing of the Jubilee year 2000 since this above message, this ‘renewal’ is surely imminent, as the two thousand years have now passed. If one were to ask people on the street today if they thought that we were in the midst of tribulation at present, the answers would be amusing, if a little embarrassing. Let it be certain that when Jesus will justly chastise the world, all will know, whether they want to or not. At present, according to Our Lord’s words above, we are currently going through the birth-pangs of another renewal, and it has been said that this will be much greater than the Flood, owing to the magnitude of sins in the world today, and which have been accumulating for many decades now. Consider also that there are visionaries of reputable private revelation (Conchita of Garabandal and Mirjana of Medjugore, for example) who have been told specific dates of significant events of worldly significance which are soon to come. Remember that the objective of the Divine Chastisement is, as Our Lord clearly stated above, to destroya great part of the current generation, and therefore this will be of world significance, which will fundamentally change the lives of everyone on the planet.

Sean
  6. padraig

padraig Powers

Its good to read all these prophesies Shane and learn from them.

I think , though when Our Lady asks us to read , 'The Signs of the Times' she is inviting us all, at the end of the day to study, prayerfully all the things in the world around us and to reach our own conclusions. To be DIY prophets, if you like. :D :D :D

I had a little sign myself the other night.

I was talking to a quiet young family guy the other night about this and that. Anyway I happened to mention , by the way that I like to take the dog a walk at nights before bed. It is a great time for quiet prayer for me and I treasure it.

Anyhow this guy looked horrified at me for walking the streets at night. He just thought it was very, very dangerous. He told me he never leaves his home after dark, neither does his friends or anyone he knows. He considers it just far, far too dangerous. He thought I was mad for doing so. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Signs of the times, indeed.

“One day the Pharisees and Sadducees came to test Jesus’ claims by asking him to show them a miraculous sign from heaven. He replied, ‘You know the saying, ‘Red sky at night means fair weather tomorrow, red sky in the morning means foul weather all day.’ You are good at reading the weather signs in the sky, but you can’t read the obvious signs of the times!’” Matthew 16:1-3 (NLT)

Our Lady's message given through Mirjana May 2nd. 2009.

Our Lady was very sad. She only gave a message and blessed us.

Dear children!

Already for a long time I am giving you my motherly heart and offering my Son to you. You are rejecting me. You are permitting sin to overcome you more and more. You are permitting it to master you and to take away your power of discernment. My poor children, look around you and look at the signs of the times. Do you think that you can do without God's blessing? Do not permit darkness to envelop you. From the depth of your heart cry out for my Son. His Name disperses even the greatest darkness. I will be with you, you just call me: 'Here we are Mother, lead us.' Thank you.
  7. garabandal

garabandal Powers

8. Rain

Rain Angels

Scary stuff, garabandal. Reminds me of the song, "We're on the eve of destruction."