1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Rosary in the Car

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by seekerofmary, Jan 11, 2018.

1. seekerofmary

seekerofmary New Member

Good morning everyone! I was just wondering if I am the only one who prays the rosary while on long car rides? My old job was 45 min to an hour commute one way, and I’d always pray my rosary the entire rime. It always made me feel calm and at peace. I now have a job with a shorter commute, (20 min) but I still pray the whole way and I also pray while out walking or even running errands. I wear a rosary bracelet and use that while out.
    At home I use my regular rosary beads and while sitting in the waiting room of a doctors office or whatever, I have used my Mary app and prayed my rosary on my phone.
    I just wondered if anyone else did this?

DeGaulle, cornhusker, Arantxa and 8 others like this.
  2. AED

AED Powers

Me!!

3. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

Me too.
    I only realised that it was perfectly fine to pray the rosary in the car when my former parish priest mentioned it.
    Sometimes that's the only time in a day when the whole family is together and we can pray the rosary together.

cornhusker, AED, Mary's child and 5 others like this.
  4. Don_D

Don_D Powers

I tried this but I almost ran off the road. :)
    I have to focus while I am driving very intently. I tend to become distracted easily so I try to focus my praying while not operating a vehicle. It's really for the best and brings my wife great piece of mind!

cornhusker, AED, Mary's child and 4 others like this.
  5. Shae

Shae Principalities

6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I pray the rosary in the car and sometimes when I walk
    I love to pray the rosary on Ewtn
    Esp Mother Angelica at 9:30 pm
    There is also a website called
    “Come pray the rosary” which is 24-7 rosaries

Carol55, cornhusker, Domenica and 5 others like this.
  7. JAK

JAK Principalities

Me too. I use an app to keep me right. I wait until I have passed a certain road sign, then I tap the app and keep going til the end which coincides with my arrival at work.

8. Mary's child

Mary's child Archangels

Most definitely!!!(y)

9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

There was a saintly old Monsignor in the time period about 1930-1984 in my town. I only knew him from 1962 until his death. He prayed the Rosary in the car a lot!

10. sterph

sterph Principalities

I do as well.

11. Mario

Mario Powers

Don,

In a certain sense, I pray to types of Rosaries. The first is like the one done in a car. I usually attach an intention to each decade and realize I can't give my full attention to the mysteries because I may be driving in traffic.

If I pray the Rosary at home or in a Church it is different. I am not so distracted as when I'm driving. I may still attach an intention to the decade, but I pray it in a more meditative manner, pondering Jesus, Mary or the particular mystery!

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

12. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I say Rosary to and from work (45 mins x2)

Strange I can multi-task - drive and pray! ;)

When I pray it is the spirit within me praying -- I have even prayed the rosary whilst sleeping -- I pray the rosary whist doing the dishes, the gardening or whatever.

Prayer is like an engine ticking over within -- I kind of pray a lot without being fully conscious of it -- I suppose it is a gift/grace I have been given.

The only time I cannot pray like this is if hard rock music is playing say if I have the radio on -- the frequency of the music somehow interferes with the rhythm of prayer within!! I have noticed that this kind of music is very powerful and fully distracting - it disrupts the interior life.

So I prefer silence or talk radio whilst in the car --

Food for though there!

13. Frank Markus

Frank Markus New Member

Very interesting comments here. I am the same, I try to say my Rosary in the car, on the way to work and back. I don't always make it, though. Slack... I want to lift up my prayer life and be more disciplined.
    God bless all of you, let's pray for this forum so that we are given the strength on our missions.
    Frank

14. josephite

josephite Powers

Hi Mario.

I could have written the above myself:)[​IMG]

I think that in our conscious lives we have an ability to concentrate to the degree that we must, and according to Gods Will, and I also believe that to be totally absolved in the prayer is to be in the place where God reserves a seat for our soul!

This is the magnificence that God provides at adoration!

But the car prayer, the 3am prayer, the work prayer and the walking prayer are all very important! because they are necessary rungs on the ladder that lead to meditative prayer!

In fact I believe that if you relinquish these prayers you will not be able to accomplish mediative prayer!:love:

15. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

I do also driving to work at night. It's one of the few times no one can interrupt me,its actually quite peaceful.

16. AED

AED Powers

I try to pray it every day in the car running errands or going to church--I live out of town so lots of time spent in the car--but especially on long trips. I love that quiet time with Our Lady.

17. Claves.Sancti.Petri

Claves.Sancti.Petri Principalities

I usually do the rosary on the train, Bus, or walking.

18. Indy

Indy Praying

I pray the Rosary in the car every day on the way home from work. I use my fingers on one hand to count, only one hand needed as I know the mystery I am on, open five fingers on the wheel then close again one by one for a decade. I love saying the Rosary in the car, you never know what mystery will open up and come to you while praying. I seem to have no problem driving either, I think it helps me drive better.

josephite, HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  19. Domum_Gressus

Domum_Gressus New Member

I like to pray the rosary too while driving. One chaplet on the way to work, one on the way home. My only concern in praying is that I am distracted easily while making sure I don't crash. I don't get a deep rosary while driving, but definitely better than listening to the radio. Sometimes instead to change it up may listen to Sensus Fidelium on YouTube, with Fr. Ripperger being my favorite.

josephite, HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  20. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

I have gotten so used to praying the rosary in the car on the way to work and back, and love it. Like Indy, I just use my fingers to keep count.
    I also pray the angelus on the way to morning mass which begins at 630am and on my way home if it is already 6pm.
    No longer do I desire to turn on the radio or play any music, and indeed feel that it is just so much noise, when I could spend the time better by lifting up my thoughts and heart to God and our Blessed Mother.:love:

seekerofmary, AED and josephite like this.