Rio and the Olympics

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by PotatoSack, Aug 5, 2016.

1. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

I can't believe the Olympics start tomorrow. I know the games are no longer amateur athletes and I am pretty sure they all take performance enhancing drugs, but let's pray for a safe and joyful Olympic sporting events. I pray there are no terrorist attacks and that the swimmers do not get sick from the highly polluted water they will be swimming in, and that people do not get the zikka virus. There is a lot that could go wrong in Rio, so let's pray everything goes right.

Carol55 likes this.
  2. Dean

Dean Archangels

I have friends competing in the games that I know through coaching. NOT ALL do drugs, but to many do. The clean ones are not happy with the system either, but they have no power to do anything the way the system is set up. ALmost all of the American Olympians actually live under the poverty level. So they get more upset when those who cheat benefit.

On the terrorism note, I don't think there will be any issues. Just like World Youth Day that just went on, you would think that would be a big target. But Isis and others seem to target those places with no security, not high profile places with security every 5 feet.

But yes, pray for a safe and successful Games.

garabandal likes this.
  3. Sorrowful Heart

Sorrowful Heart Archangels

I pray nothing happens there, but I avoid the games like the plague. Its nothing but humanism and nietzsche doctrine.

Dolours likes this.
  4. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

As quick as it began...it has come to a end.

:( :)

5. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

I am glad there were no incidents...praise God! And I hope all the clean athletes...and there are many...get the endorsement deals they need to support themselves and their families.