1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Reiki and other new age practices

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by conor1, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Immaculata

Immaculata New Member

Hi Sanctus,

Glad to hear you have had no difficulties around them past issues. I had some bad experiences like you mentioned too. I am curious, did the priest mention anything to you about the possiblities of any lasting effects on people who you done them occult practices on ? Like, do your deliverance prayers for yourself clear any bad effects on them who you practiced on at the same time or do they need to repent of it through their own will in order for them to be free of anything associated with it ?

2. Sanctus

Sanctus "Jesus, I Trust In You!"

Hi Immaculata, fortunately I never practiced on anyone else, it was just myself that was involved in it. The priest just told me to continue to ask Our Lady to close any channels that had been opened. For a number of years I continued to feel the effects of it, but thankfully I am getting better. Today i definitely feel Our Lord in is my life giving me protection. It was the shamanism that caused the most damaged, I truly believe the "shaman" that practiced on me was a very bad person. I would tell anyone to avoid shamanism like the plague.

3. border collie

border collie Angels

Hi inneedofprayers, have you found anybody to help you? If not, I have a friend (lay-person) who has the approval of his bishop, with gifts of discernment and deliverance who may be able to help you. PM me if you want his contact details.

4. Don_D

Don_D Powers

Thank you Seagrace. I have given up on trying to warn my Mom about these things, she already knows it all so my words fall on deaf ears. I will continue to pray and maybe slip a green Scapular in her things somewhere! ;)

5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

It must be very difficult to get out of a dark place on one’s own
    Probably impossible
    I think the idea of the Green Scapular is good
    St Benedict medal
    Any Blessed sacramentals

Maybe it just seems too complicated to try to get out and it seems more comfortable to stay with the practices which are an abomination
    But which in some perverse way seem to be filling a need
    I often wonder about my neighbors who practice evil
    They look worse almost every time I see them
    Maybe they choose to stay in that place because they can’t get out
    People would bring the demoniacs to Jesus for deliverance
    Anyway
    Prayers for your mom
    Faith as a mustard seed
    Definitely use Blessed salt sprinkled discreetly
    I sprinkle it around my property and sometimes in the alley
    My neighbor anxiously begged me to tell her what that (expletive deleted) white powder was
    I never told her, of course
    My lips are sealed :censored:
    Anyway, I have road-tested Blessed salt :ROFLMAO:

Don_D and sterph like this.
  6. AED

AED Powers

You can tell her it keeps ants away from entering the house! Seriously. It is an old remedy.

sterph and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  7. David Healy

David Healy St Pio Son

Apparently Reiki is one of the worst new age practices according to an exorcist whose talks I listened to. It seems so benign but is dangerous.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  8. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

One of my neighbors died a few years ago. She had been a reiki practitioner and she was also a Catholic. She had a fatal illness and knew she was going to pass away. She went to Confession and had talks with a wonderful priest before she died
    She asked me to pray for her soul after she died as she had had many sins in her past
    She had a devotion to Our Lady and she died on the Feast of the Miraculous Medal

9. AED

AED Powers

How frightening. How truly frightening. My cousin is a Reiki practitioner. Can you remember that talk david? Maybe I could send her the link.

10. AED

AED Powers

How good God is! This has the Blessed Mother written all over it. She truly does hold fast to her children.

sterph likes this.
  11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Yes! At the repast after her funeral Mass, I mentioned to several of the ladies there that B had died on the Feast of the Miraculous Medal, and I smiled!
    They looked at me as though I were a total nutbar for even thinking such a thing, much less remarking about it, and these were Catholic ladies.

sterph likes this.
  12. Don_D

Don_D Powers

I suspect that many people are deceived by the belief that they are elevated in some way by secret knowledge. It draws people in and they either have no idea that what they are practicing is aligned to Satan and is an abomination to God or they simply do not care and think that the consequences do not apply to them.
    When one thinks about it all of mankind has been trying tirelessly to get back the things we lost at the time of the fall. To not die, to walk and talk with God, to not be slaves to sin. Mankind thinks that it can accomplish these things on its own. God tells us however that it is only by Him that all these things will be restored. He even tells us how we are to live until this time. Seeking the things which please God.
    Seeking to remain as wise as a serpent yet innocent as a dove.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  13. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

This post is full of wisdom, Don
    You are right

14. David Healy

David Healy St Pio Son

Hi Aed, I think it was Father Peter Glas, an exorcist. His lectures are on YouTube. He is a Polish priest living in the UK. Just go into YouTube and type in Father Peter Glas.

AED likes this.
  15. David Healy

David Healy St Pio Son

He talks about spiritual warfare, demonology, deliverance and exorcism. I seem to recall that reiki was specifically mentioned as being particularly dangerous. Alternatively it could have been Father Ripperger, another exorcist in the USA, who mentioned reiki. Again his talks are on YouTube. I have listened to both these priests recently so it was one of them I’m pretty sure. Basically anything new age is a deception. It is paganism, Gnosticism, occult, however you want to describe it. Basically these things act as a lure, as bait and attract the curious and unwary, who take the bait. It’s a trap.

Satan knows human nature really, really well. People rarely stop at one new age practice. They move into another area, then another and another. Sometimes all the way to full blown satanism. But even if most don’t become satanists, I’m pretty sure that he is happy with whatever new age nonsense people are dabbling in as this means they are in sin and far away from God and where He wants them. As we know anything that does not lead us to God is likely to lead us away from him. The new age is one big trap. Satan knows that human beings are hard wired to worship and are spiritual beings so he has crafted the perfect “products” so to speak that appeal to our spiritual essence but which are counterfeits and dangerous.

josephite, AED, Julia and 1 other person like this.
  16. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thou shalt have no other gods but Me

It’s idolatry
    An abomination
    You are right, David

Booklady and David Healy like this.
  17. David Healy

David Healy St Pio Son

Yes Heavenly hosts. It’s bad stuff. In their favour some who are into this kind of stuff don’t really realise just how dangerous this is as they have been poorly educated and catechised. It’s amazing how many Catholics have no idea about spiritual warfare. I’m not surprised really as I was never taught about it at school and had to learn the hard way via experience. Then I started studying it. Without a good working knowledge of spiritual warfare we are literally fish in a barrel waiting to be picked off. I know the devil is not behind every bush. But He is behind every second one.

josephite, Julia, sterph and 2 others like this.
  18. David Healy

David Healy St Pio Son

I was taught about the devil at school I suppose but didn’t really believe it to be honest. It just seemed far fetched. I suppose I never really gave it much thought on reflection. That’s the way Satan likes it. He likes us naive, unaware, uninformed, sceptical and incredulous/ unbelieving. That way he can operate under the radar. If ever I thought about reiki, acupuncture, crystals etc. I imagined it was all harmless. It’s a slippery slope. I know myself I love learning and if I become interested in a subject I have a great drive to investigate it and learn as much as I can about it. Thank God the Lord preserved me from interest in new age stuff as it’s likely that by now I’d be a satanic high priest. Lol. God is good. But so many are deceived. So many. They might even not realise and think they are helping people. It’s dreadful.

Julia, sterph and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  19. Don_D

Don_D Powers

I have wondered about this concept of poorly catechized Catholics and I think in part that it may be a side effect of many decades of heavy deception and indoctrination on the part of those who wish to deliberately separate us from God.
    Science has an explanation for everything. Physical, mental, the things of the Heavens, the things under the earth, you name it. We are indoctrinated at such an early age to these things that we no longer even question them and accept them as fact simply because whatever government agency or physics professor states it as such.
    As a result, many now are terrified to merely bring up things of the nature of the spiritual realm which is all around us simply because they will be openly mocked and ridiculed. Dare I say persecuted?

Someone once said that is is easier to convince someone of a lie than it is to convince them of the truth. This is true, today we see it all over. Many people will defend bitterly the pretty lies they have been convinced are the truth. Never stopping to consider God's truth. The only one that matters.

Booklady and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  20. AED

AED Powers

Thank you David. I will look him up. I told her this in so many words but it made no impression. Maybe hearing it from a priest will penetrate through.