1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Reiki and other new age practices

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by conor1, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Sanctus

Sanctus "Jesus, I Trust In You!"

I met Father Mockler about four years ago. He did a deliverance session with me. I was in a fairly bad condition from all the new age, reiki, shamanic "healing" etc. I was involved in but I have been doing very well since meeting him and have had no difficulties around those past issues since. I think his number may be online if you google it. Best of luck and sorry to hear about your difficulties. Pray that the Lord will put someone your way that can help you with this.

Booklady likes this.
  2. AED

AED Powers

I am sorry to hear of your trouble. May Jesus help you to find a good priest. Half the battle is realizing you need help getting free. Trust the Blessed Mother. Count on her!!

Seagrace and inneedofprayers like this.
  3. AED

AED Powers

Sanctus I am so glad to hear you have been delivered. My cousin is deep into reiki. I tried to tell her but she refuses to believe there is any evil attached to it. At least I warned her. I felt my aunt would have expected me to—she was a very prayerful and good woman.

4. Sanctus

Sanctus "Jesus, I Trust In You!"

Thanks be to God, AED, since meeting Father Mockler I have been doing very well. He closed all the "channels" that were opened through practices like reiki, new age etc. I was like a new man after the deliverance. I will pray for your cousin, AED.

5. maryrose

maryrose Powers

i think fr Mockler is attached to Newcastle West parish in County Limerick

inneedofprayers likes this.
  6. AED

AED Powers

So glad to hear it Sanctus. Thank you for the prayers!!!

Sanctus and inneedofprayers like this.
  7. inneedofprayers

inneedofprayers New Member

Thank you for this, I will and hopefully he'll be able to help us or put us on to someone who can.

Sam, Sanctus and AED like this.
  8. inneedofprayers

Thank you for replying; we live the other side of the county but I will look him up and hopefully he can help.

AED likes this.
  9. inneedofprayers

Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers. Thanks to everyone who has replied, ye are all genuinely nice people! God bless!

AED likes this.
  10. BrigidK

BrigidK New Member

Oh Reiki is a terrible thing, I was involved in it when I was younger but confessed it at Lourdes and immersed myself in the healing waters there.

A funny story - shortly after I returned to the Catholic Church and after the visit to Lourdes, I did a one-day natural skin care course as my son had terrible eczema as a baby and I became interested in natural creams rather than commercial, chemical laden creams. You have to be so careful as even something as innocuous as this is laden with new age ideas and beliefs! It is possible to make regular, safe creams, it's just that this natural stuff also attracts the new agers!

I turned to for this course and parked outside. Another person parked right next to me and shot me a most ugly, evil look in the window after she parked. I couldn't understand it. It so happened that she sat next to me for the course. The whole day I was on edge as I got an awful feeling from her. I'm naturally quite chatty but I couldn't get a word out while sitting next to this person. It was oppressive! As it turned out wasn't she an advanced Reiki practitioner, in touch with some "angel" who was her guide. The penny dropped with me then and I couldn't get out of there soon enough!!

In regards to healing, every Mass is a healing Mass. You have the wonderful balm of God's healing word in the first section and the healing food of Jesus himself in the second. Give yourself over utterly to God for healing at every Mass and things will improve.

11. AED

AED Powers

Yes. Good advice Bridget. At Holy Communion we can ask Jesus to send His Precious Blood through every inch of our body and soul and claim all for Himself. Very powerful!!!

David Healy likes this.
  12. AED

AED Powers

This woman you mention was no doubt reacting to the presence of the Holy Spirit within you. Or rather the spirit in her was reacting. As I told Sanctus my cousin is deeply involved with this. I told her that Satan can disguise himself as angel of light but she looked very sure of herself and assured me she “knew her spirits’”. Very sad and troubling visit. She couldn’t or wouldn’t hear me.

Seagrace and David Healy like this.
  13. Don_D

Don_D Powers

This sounds like my Mother. She too is into this practice and constantly assuring me of being able to discern Spirits yet she can never tell me how. She recently told me that she had asked one of them to watch over me and I about lost it with her. I often wonder if people have any idea how arrogant they sound when they say such things. Have they any idea how much smarter these spirits are than them? None. They fall prey time and again to their intelligence and malevolence and it brings ruin.

She is coming to spend Christmas with us and I will be doing my utmost to bring her to Mass with me. Please pray for her if you have it in your heart, her name is Kirsten. I too will pray for all here under these intentions.

Booklady, Seagrace, AED and 1 other person like this.
  14. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I will say a prayer for her. Don't skimp on the holy water and blessed salt. Are you familiar with the Green Scapular? http://www.greenscapular.com/

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  15. David Healy

David Healy St Pio Son

Probably the reason she couldn’t hear you is the demonic was blocking her. They can do this. They have power to influence how comments are received/ perceived. Before trying to have such a conversation it is helpful to first of all pray silently for the Holy Spirit and the person’s guardian Angel so that they be given the grace to properly hear and understand what one is telling them and to try and block or at least diminish the demons power over the faculty of their perception. Fr Ripperger, exorcist explains how this works in his YouTube videos.

Booklady, Seagrace and AED like this.
  16. Don_D

Don_D Powers

Thank you so much Dolours, I was not familiar with this scapular but it sure fits my situation perfectly. I do have an ample supply of Holy water and plan to use it liberally.

Booklady, Seagrace, AED and 1 other person like this.
  17. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

What about putting a dash of Holy Water in the kettle when you are going to make a cup of tea or coffee. Would that help in getting some holiness into people who are in a questionable spiritual state.

Funnily enough, I never thought of doing this until starting to add this comment. In the past I have put a drop of Holy Water in a cup of tea or coffee. But when you think of it, the Holy Water in the kettle would maybe help. I wonder if that would make the bad spirits run away when people drink some of it. Wondering.

18. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Also put a pinch of Blessed salt in the food

Booklady, Julia and AED like this.
  19. Seagrace

Seagrace Angels

I will offer the rest of this week's Rosaries for your mum, Don_D. I understand how dangerous this is. My parents were into Pranic Healing and very disdainful of me because I wouldn't respect it. They assumed it was because I was too young to understand. I wasn't. Pranic Healing set off alarm bells in me when I heard it. It felt complicated to me. And Catholic Healing is not complicated at all!

When I tried to knock sense into my parents, they were mightily indignant because "it was a nun at church who was guiding them", who was I to disparage it. We were already struggling terribly as a family at that time, but everything went downhill from that point. Until today it's a mess but I still pray for them. God is greater than any Pranic whatever.

Sanctus, Don_D, AED and 1 other person like this.
  20. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

“Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world.”
    Right, Seagrace

Seagrace and AED like this.