Quick Identity

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Border collie, Jun 14, 2016.

1. I wonder would it be possible to put up a flag or something beside members names identifying which country one is from. It would be very handy in linking up if people were so inclined. I have found in my quest to gather people for lough derg, that one is often more likely to go if invited by pm, but it can be time consuming trying to decipher who is local.

Yellowcoffeecup likes this.
  2. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

There is an add in/widget for the forum that allows that, its based on the users ip address at sign up

3. padraig

padraig Powers

There is John indeed. I ahve not a clue how to do it though. If anyone would knwo how to do so I would be grateful if they did so.

(Not necessarily dropping hints at you John:D:D:D;)) yeah I love these kinda gadgets. This one has a little flag that waves. beside the avatar (I think)

4. "Quis ut Deus"

Well when Mother asks how can one refuse Mother :):):love::love:

I will get a wee look at it tomorrow..;)

5. padraig

padraig Powers

Thanks John, that is kind of you. It would be a fun thing.

6. Thanks Guys (y)

"Quis ut Deus" likes this.
  7. Any developments on this?

8. "Quis ut Deus"

Yes I had a look into it but the problem is that the widget displays peoples location by flag using a persons ip address now considering that I come from N.Ireland that would mean that my location flag would be displayed as a union jack :eek::mad: now no matter how hard Scolaire Bocht tries to convert me to brexit and start singing "God save the queen" and displaying the union jack in my user profile I am afraid I will have to look for a better way of displaying a persons location..;);):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

9. padraig

padraig Powers

:D:D:D
    I noticed this but decided to say nothing.:D

[​IMG]

10. "Quis ut Deus"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: So you took the fifth amendment then ;););) you need to change your flag to american :):):):D:D

11. Perhaps there could be a way around it with the user in control of it?

"Quis ut Deus" likes this.
  12. "Quis ut Deus"

Sorry getting back to the original question I've had a good long think about your request I will try and explain my thought pattern...

The original reason for the thinking about the flag widget was to identify members by location that would of course show who is from where but it would still not solve the problem of having to trawl through the forum to identify those members,,,so if we forget about the flags and add a search by location option to the members tab it will show members by location in alphabetical order that's the easy part :confused: the next problem is that some members have chosen not to give/add a location to their profile page,that means adding it manually:confused:( via members permission) or asking members to update/ add their location to their profile,,

I know some might not like this but if we knew where members came from and God forbid there was a disaster in their area it would be a quick way to contact them, to check in on them and to quickly add prayers..

Yellowcoffeecup likes this.
  13. Perhaps it could be done to identify the country a member is from by default, with the member having the option of removing it if so wished?

14. "Quis ut Deus"

Yes Border that's what I meant by Location the option is all ready in your profile under the personal details tab ..
    If you click on my user name then profile page on the bottom left you will see location I have just updated it you will see my location as N.Ireland it should be blue if you click that it should bring up google maps..

15. Pity it couldn't be rearranged or something.......;)

16. "Quis ut Deus"

Border I had a quick look at the site yesterday so unfortunately I will have to park this request for a while due to software upgrades etc..

17. Ok but I will come back to it again:D