1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about selling art work....

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Mark1, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Mark1

Mark1 Angels

marylowres.jpg marylowres.jpg Hi...
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I have a portrait of Mary I did ( I draw portraits, cartoons and such, now and then....mostly then). I'm trying to sell it, as with my wife laid off we currently have very little income (I don't work due to depression). Does anyone have a site or FB page they can suggest, where I might try and sell this? I looked at a few, but the pages I saw don't seem to do much business. My name has been blocked on the portrait, for privacy. Thanks.......PS If this not the type of question I should be posting, let me know (Admin) and I'll remove it.

Rose and Sam like this.
  2. Pray4peace

Pray4peace Ave Maria

Beautiful Mark! You have quite a talent.

Have you approached any Catholic online stores? You may want to contact Queenship publishing. They seem to be willing to publish and/or distribute smaller, independent projects.

http://www.queenship.org/

Have you considered writing and illustrating Catholic children's books?

gracia and Carol55 like this.
  3. border collie

border collie New Member

Hi Mark1, have you tried ETSY? I used to make liturgical sculptures and this site was recommended to me. Best wishes with your venture!

gracia likes this.
  4. Mark1

Mark1 Angels

...thank you both. My problem is, I loathe marketing, much less my own work. Thank you for the tips, and kind words :)

5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Archangels

Etsy is the way to go

gracia likes this.
  6. Mark1

Mark1 Angels

Thank you, Heavenly Hosts