1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Protestant Prophecies on 2016 election

Discussion in 'The Spirit of the USA' started by Harper, Jul 22, 2016.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

Yes, a good story for illustration. I admire you for keeping such peace, such things can be unsettling, but when like yourself we the source so clearly ,strengthened by grace we are become a fortress.

I think when the devil manifests strongly in someone it is as CS Lewis described it a bit like a bottle full of flies buzzing about, restless, angry, without peace, pointless, noisome, you name it... but that is not the main problem , the mainproblem is that they are all over the place at the moment. THe devil has ineed come down to Earth , in a great rage knowing he has but a short time left, as Scipture indicates.

On a more cheerful note; these demons tend to be cowardly in the general run of things. They have indeed fish to fry, but are ever cautious of trying to fry Christian fish.

[​IMG]

Denise P likes this.
  2. Muzhik

Muzhik Archangels

What you are describing is called "lucid dreaming." Check out the Wikipedia article on it for more information. It's not uncommon but people usually have to train themselves to do it, usually as a means to gain insight into personal problems.

3. sterph

sterph Principalities

I have only had one soul vision but many lucid dreams. Some of the dreams are God sent and some are not. You know the difference immediately. The dreams are so straightforward with a clear message. And they leave you with peace. The soul vision I was awake but my eyes were closed...when I opened my eyes it was gone. The peace did not leave me then either.

4. padraig

padraig New Member

Scientists have observed that in deep prayer of meditation are brain waves change over from the normal consciousness of Beta Waves down to the Theta Waves of first stage sleep, similar to deep day dreaming, in which, say if you were driving you might not notice journeying for several miles;

NREM Stage 1
    Stage 1 is the beginning of the sleep cycle, and is a relatively light stage of sleep. Stage 1 can be considered a transition period between wakefulness and sleep.

In Stage 1, the brain produces high amplitude theta waves, which are very slow brain waves. This period of sleep lasts only a brief time (around 5-10 minutes). If you awaken someone during this stage, they might report that they were not really asleep.

(NREM means non rapid eye movement)

[​IMG]

So yes in deep prayer we can experience what we might normally describe as , 'Dreams' . This is, I think St John of The Cross warns us to be careful of imaginative , 'Visions'. If we did not dream we would die. Dreaming , to me seems to be a little like a computer doing a reset which results in all kinds of dreams that don't have meaning and are a bit like a washing machine turning events past present and possible futures round and round in our minds like the little face of a washing machine. Some of the dreams do have significance, even mystical significance. The difficulty is telling the true from the false and this takes discernment. Otherwise in a snese be taking the false as true you end up in a kind of crazy dream yourself, turning round and round in a pointless self made washing machine of falsehoods.

[​IMG]

https://www.verywell.com/the-four-stages-of-sleep-2795920

Theta Waves is an oscillatory pattern in EEG signals recorded either from inside the brain or from electrodes glued to the scalp. They are found in day dreaming, dreaming, creativity, meditation, paranormal phenomena, out of body experiences, ESP, shamanic journeys.

A person driving on a freeway, who discovers that they can't recall the last five miles, is often in a theta state - induced by the process of freeway driving. This can also occur in the shower or tub or even while shaving or brushing your hair. It is a state where tasks become so automatic that you can mentally disengage from them. The ideation that can take place during the theta state is often free flow and occurs without censorship or guilt. It is typically a very positive mental state.

http://www.crystalinks.com/medbrain.html

5. padraig

padraig New Member

Hold fast to dreams
    For if dreams die
    Life is a broken-winged bird
    That cannot fly.
    Hold fast to dreams
    For when dreams go
    Life is a barren field
    Frozen with snow.
    Langston Hughes