1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Professor Jordan Peterson

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by padraig, Jan 20, 2018.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

This guy is really wonderful; worth listening to.:)

AED and indaiatubano like this.
  2. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Seriously, this guy is a genious.

Came across him last year on the debate over transgender pronouns, which he refuses to use & this has driven the PC mob nuts!

3. padraig

padraig New Member

Love it:)

I wonder if he knows he is promoting very Traditional , basic, Christian values/concepts?

4. padraig

padraig New Member

5. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

The term Grammar Nazi used to be a joke.

I can't believe these people are serious. This transvestite professor (Amanda Peet) even notes that she doesn't know what these people want to be called and she has to carry around a list on her smart phone of what her "trans" friends want to be called. "...when I forget I just look it up, it's really super easy" she said. Really? So now I have to carry around a roster of ridiculous titles to call people under penalty of law? I don't think so.

What if I want to be called "Your lord and majesty?" I may even have a mental illness that makes me think this title is appropriate. Should the law force you to cater to my delusions?

These people are literally Nazis of a different type. They just have rainbow colored jackboots instead of black ones. A quick look at Professor Peet's student reviews probably gives us a good idea of what she is all about:
    http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=30566

One of the students writes "...I was kind of offended by the opinions she expressed on God and religion."

So apparently the "be nice and don't offend others" rule only flows one way with her.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    SgCatholic likes this.
  6. padraig

padraig New Member

The reason why we don't want to give them these ridiculous titles is that we won't be drawn into their crazy non gender fantasy world.

Praetorian likes this.
  7. Adoremus

Adoremus Archangels

Love him. That interviewer is so rattled by him, and he just keeps his cool... Admirable.

8. padraig

padraig New Member

She hates him, the Dark versus the Light.
    The Truth versus the Lie.

9. CathyG

CathyG Principalities

Oh my, she was so aggravating. She wouldn't let him finish a thought and then kept twisting his words. Kudos to him for keeping his cool.

10. jackzokay

jackzokay Angels

...spent the afternoon listening to this guy, Padraig. Blew me away!

AED likes this.
  11. padraig

padraig New Member

I wonder if he is a Christian?

12. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

I looked him up on Wikipedia. It does not seem so.

13. padraig

padraig New Member

It's wonderful how he ended up in the same kind of places he should be, without the Faith.

AED likes this.
  14. garabandal

garabandal Powers

He is sympathetic to Christianity and has some faith but not maybe an explicit faith (yet). He says he lives as if God exists.

Reason does lead one to the faith - listen to this ten minute video - very interesting to hear someone articulate what they believe ---

I really love this man's honesty. It is so endearing. I love the way he takes his time to answer questions.
    Let us pray he encounters the living Christ whom he refers to as the Logos.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    AED likes this.
  15. Adoremus

Adoremus Archangels

I have been praying for his conversion for a while now, and have asked others to do so also. It seems to me that he is moving in that direction, but has not quite made the leap yet.

garabandal likes this.
  16. Adoremus

Adoremus Archangels

It reminds me of Edith Stein and how she came to convert to Catholicism through phenomenology and a tireless and honest search for the truth.

garabandal likes this.
  17. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Let us pray that he encounters the Logos that he believes in but does not yet know- and has a conversion of heart so profound that he will become a leading light in Catholic apologetics.
    He reminds me of Cardinal Sheen - he is in that league of 'smartness'.

Bella likes this.
  18. Malachi

Malachi Archangels

Twitter is lighting up. I do love this. Is it too early to crack open a 6 pack :)

19. AED

AED Powers

Wonderful!! Thanks for posting. Just marvelous. Gotta read his book now.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

20. padraig

padraig New Member

G K Chesterton said that a person who does not believe in God will believe in anything. All have to do is look around the world at the moment to see that this is true. People believe in all kinds of weird and wonderful things that are not real. They seem to enter some kind of demonic fantasy world. Not just one or two people but sometimes entire Nations ;as in the case of Poor , once Catholic Canada. Nowhere is this fantasy world more evident than in what we call , 'Gender Identity'. The trouble is if nearly evident everyone around you believes in the fantasy it is very difficult to hold your own feet on the ground and not enter Fantasy Land , down the Glory hole there with them. I mean if everyone believed that dogs talk it would be hard not to believe it yourself. Or else to believe you were the one going crazy rather than everyone else. Thank God for the teachings of the Church and prayer for stopping us being dragged of into Never Never Land with the rest of the crew.

Poor, poor, poor people. Nuts. Crazy as Loons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BrianK likes this.