1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Prayer Warriors...I need the heavy hitters

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by fallen saint, Nov 6, 2017.

1. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod Staff Member

Prayers up.

I visited the graveyard today where my dad, older brother and older sister are buried to obtain the indulgence of each day of the first full week of November. I don’t make it a habit to visit graves and though my dad’s been gone 3 years, it was hard. Hang in there.

2. Florida Panther

Florida Panther Jesus through Mary

Prayers sent for you and your father and the rest of your family.

gracia, Marie-Lou and fallen saint like this.
  3. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

image.jpeg I will pray for you and your father, May God be with you.

4. Mary's child

Mary's child Archangels

Prayers going up for your father.

5. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

I just want to thank all of you.

My father was told it was terminal 3weeks ago. Even though he was older in age. He was still driving and going to his business. The last 3 weeks he stopped eating. The last 10 days nothing. He stopped drinking about 3 days ago. We had him at a convalescent home. My sister covered the day...I would cover the night. Yesterday...when I asked everyone to pray...it was the evening. As I sat with him...he could not talk. He was restless, every two hours trying to take off his robe. Moaning in pain. The cancer was all over...terminal 4 cancer. He was bedridden for about 10 days. The last few days very limited movement. So doctor said there would be pain and cancer takes away appetite. The cancer tries to shut down the body.

As I sat there...if I prayed he seemed to be more at ease. If I was on the phone, he seemed to be more agitated. The day before he called for his mom...he asked if he could go with her. :( Last night he asked me where the keys were. That was about all he said.

Last night about 11pm...he began to struggle for his breath. I asked the nurse to come in but they said after they did a report. His breath was heavy so I stood over him...we held hands. I prayed Our Father, Hail Mary, Angel of God and Glory be...over and over. His breathing began to slow down. I tried to move my hand but he held it. As I prayed he looked over my shoulder with eyes wide open. Not scared but not peaceful...almost in awe. As I prayed...his breath gradually started slowing down. As I prayed he gradually straightened his head. I kept praying prayers over and over. He gradually closed his eyes and went to sleep. For the next 20 minutes...I made sign of the cross on for head, lips and heart. He left earth at around 11:30pm.

I have not told anyone...and will not tell anyone. I tell you with tears in my eyes. But I also post this because we are spiritual friends. My dad made the journey...and I was lucky enough to be with him.

My eyes tears with pain. We were always together.

May Gods Will be Done

gracia, CrewDog, Julia and 1 other person like this.
  6. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Archangels

Fallen Saint, God bless you in your pain. It is always a sign of great grace to be chosen to accompany a soul leaving this world. Your prayers, and the prayers of those here made your Dad's journey lighter and safer.

You have my prayers for strength and peace.

gracia, Julia, maryrose and 1 other person like this.
  7. Mary's child

Mary's child Archangels

May our Lord grant him eternal rest, and peace for you and your family brother Al, praying for you.

8. sterph

sterph Principalities

Oh I am so sorry for your loss. I grieve with you. You and your father are in my prayers. May the Lord grant you peace.

9. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Brother Al,
    I am so sorry. As you have stated, you were lucky to have been with your father and to have prayed for him the way that you did. I will be praying for you both.

10. Marie-Lou

Marie-Lou Angels

oh Fallen Saint, I have just seen this and I am so so very sorry for your loss. I joined this forum after my mummy passed away as I felt so lost and like the very core of my being was shaken. She was my mummy, my best friend and the love of my life. 2 years on I still miss her so very very much . I have tears in my eyes writing this and I know the pain is terrible. Bereavement pain really does cause physical pain, it hurts. It was the first time I wanted to cry in my life where I did not have my mummy there to wipe away my tears and tell me it would be ok like only she could. I pray to her and talk to her daily. I feel she is still with me. I like you was with my mummy constantly and was with her when she passed. I remember thinking she was in a hospital bed when she brought me into this world, and I was lying holding her in bed when she left this world and I am so glad I could hold her and hug her as she left. I had the divine mercy chaplet on in the background and I whispered an act of contrition in her ear though my mummy really was an amazingly good soul who loved her family and did her very best for everyone and was completely selfless. I got comfort when our Parish Priest said to me you know I have met many people in this Parish whom I believe are saints and your mummy was one of them. Fallen Saint I prayed so much to Our Lady when mummy passed and somehow she gave me strength to carry on for the sake of my husband and our wee family as they needed me to. I thought our Lady likely lost St Joseph and then her Son Jesus on the Cross and despite knowing they were in paradise, it must have been so painful to carry on after they passed and having watched her son suffer. I prayed so hard to her and I know she comforted me. fallen Saint my heart goes out to you. It seems like you had that bond with your daddy I had with my mummy, your parent and very best friend. As my wee aunt said to me and I always say to myself. I have no doubt she is in heaven, she is in paradise and for all the tea in China I would not want to bring her back to this earth where we all suffer so much. She is with my sister and her beautiful baby who died in a car accident. My greatest hope is I can live to be a fraction of how good she was and please God I will see her and my sister and baby nephew in paradise someday. How wonderful will that be. I hope they come to meet me when I pass. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sad time and prayers for your daddy, God speed to heaven Al’s daddy may he rest in peace

gracia, Julia, SgCatholic and 3 others like this.
  11. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Brother Al,
    You have my deepest sympathy. May God grant eternal peace to your dear Dad. And may He comfort you in your grief. I will say an extra prayer for you tonight. God Bless.

Julia, fallen saint and Marie-Lou like this.
  12. josephite

josephite Powers

Thank you for sharing the wonderful gift God gave you; to accompany your dad at such a sacred time, it is very beautiful.

Eternal rest grant unto Brother Al's dad O Lord. And let perpetual light shine upon him and may he rest in peace. Amen.

Julia, Marie-Lou and fallen saint like this.
  13. AED

AED Powers

Dearest Al my heart breaks for you but oh what grace to be there with him and to pray him over the threshold. What a gift for your father and for you. And I can assure you he is closer to you now than he was when he was in His mortal body. Watch for “post cards”. God will send them from your father. Little things that will happen that will assure you he is very much with you. And praying for you!
    I will pray for his soul to swiftly leave Purgatory and I am sure many here will as well. And I am praying for you. I have traveled this road. It is suffering of an exquisitely anguished kind but it is a powerful offering to our Lord. God bless.

Marie-Lou and fallen saint like this.
  14. jackzokay

jackzokay Angels

Hi Al,

I will remember you and your father in my prayers.

Your experience struck a particular cord with me.
    My own father was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer about a year ago. At the time, the doctors gave him 6 months approximately.
    There was much prayer for him. Following this, an experimental pill came quite literally, out of nowhere - and which would prolong his life, they said.
    It has, but it stopped working about a month ago.
    They may however have another for him. We wait, somewhat anxiously.
    I would like to ask you, the reader, to mention him in your prayers.

With reflection however, it hasn't all been negative. Not surprisingly, it has had a galvanising effect on the people around him. All his children and grandchildren holidayed with him this summer for example. And we have taken more day trips and outings together. Whilst his sons and remaining brothers are taking him to Spain for a week at the end of the month.
    The uncertainty about the new pill still hangs over us. But when thinking about it, we are very lucky. To be able to say goodbye in this manner is quite amazing. It's almost like preparing to send someone on a trip.
    My dad is a good man. The most pious and honest man I have ever met. He and my mother fostered over 60 kids in about 40 years.
    I pray to st Joseph for him.
    I would greatly appreciate the intercession of anyone to st Joseph on his behalf. That said, I feel a little guilty asking for your prayers given our good fortune to date. Yet, despite all this... I suppose there are days when it feels like a great shadow is creeping up on us. And will one day overcome us.

gracia, josephite, AED and 3 others like this.
  15. heyshepard

heyshepard Principalities

Oh Brother Al. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please know with confidence and God's mercy that the angels rushed to meet your father to take him to God's table of celebration. Lord Jesus Christ, I pray that Brother Al and all the family of his father be at peace knowing that You have taken him safely into your heart.

Amen.

Marie-Lou and fallen saint like this.
  16. AED

AED Powers

Jack I will gladly pray to St Joseph for your father. May I ask his name? God bless.

Dolours and fallen saint like this.
  17. josephite

josephite Powers

I will pray jack, for your dad, family and you.

The Litany of Saint Joseph

For public or private use.

Lord, have mercy on us.
    Christ, have mercy on us.
    Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, hear us.
    Christ, graciously hear us.
    God the Father of Heaven,
    Have mercy on us.
    God the Son, Redeemer of the world,
    Have mercy on us.
    God the Holy Spirit,
    Have mercy on us.
    Holy Trinity, One God,
    Have mercy on us.
    Holy Mary, pray for us .
    Saint Joseph, pray for us.
    Illustrious son of David, etc.
    Light of the patriarchs,
    Spouse of the Mother of God,
    Chaste guardian of the Virgin,
    Foster-father of the Son of God,
    Watchful defender of Christ,
    Head of the Holy Family,
    Joseph most just,
    Joseph most chaste,
    Joseph most prudent,
    Joseph most valiant,
    Joseph most obedient,
    Joseph most faithful,
    Mirror of patience,
    Lover of poverty,
    Model of workmen ,
    Glory of domestic life,
    Guardian of virgins,
    Pillar of families,
    Solace of the afflicted,
    Hope of the sick,
    Patron of the dying,
    Terror of demons,
    Protector of Holy Church,

Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world,
    Spare us, O Lord.
    Graciously hear us, O Lord.
    Have mercy on us.

V. He made him the lord of His household,
    R. And prince over all His possessions.

Let Us Pray.

O God, Who in Thine ineffable providence didst choose Blessed Joseph to be the spouse of Thy most Holy Mother, grant that as we venerate him as our protector on earth, we may deserve to have him as our intercessor in Heaven, Thou Who livest and reignest forever and ever. R. Amen.

gracia, AED, Dolours and 1 other person like this.
  18. jackzokay

jackzokay Angels

He is Jack Snr.
    Thank you, so much..

gracia and AED like this.
  19. jackzokay

jackzokay Angels

...thank you. And may God bless you.

20. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

So beautifully said, Marie-Lou.
    Fallen Saint, I will pray for your father's soul and for you at mass tomorrow.

Julia likes this.