Prayer Warriors...I need the heavy hitters

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by fallen saint, Nov 6, 2017.

1. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

Hello from Brother Al,

My dad was found with terminal cancer. In three weeks...he fell apart. He is currently not eating or drinking. So...his time is coming. Not a very religious man but a believer. Time to protect him from those bad guys who are going to scare him. This is what our group is about. We are the special forces... sent in for the hard work. We are the living saints that are not afraid to join the battle. Even though it's not a physical one...it is a battle.

Time to battle for a soul.

I know you guys will join me in the trenches.

Brother in Christ,
    Al

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    gracia, Patty, Marie-Lou and 13 others like this.
  2. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I will remember him in my daily Rosary and yourself FS to carry this cross.

Remember the Divine mercy prayers for the dying - powerful.

gracia, Marie-Lou, AED and 3 others like this.
  3. padraig

padraig Powers

Prayers for your father, your family and yourself through the day.
    I suppose when someone we love dies we all die a bit too. But, through God's grace we Rise a little too.

[​IMG]

4. Booklady

Booklady La Dolorosa

Dear Fallen Saint, I will devote my daily Chaplets of Divine Mercy to your father as well as the Rosary, so that Our Holy Mother and her angels will help guide your Father towards the Infinite Mercy of Her Son.

I pray for strength for you too, God bless you.

5. josephite

josephite Powers

I will offer my next rosary for your dad, family and for you!

Also a wonderful prayer for a dad and for the dying is the below prayer to St Joseph

O ST. JOSEPH, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God, I place in thee all my interests and desires.

O St. Joseph, assist me by thy powerful intercession and obtain for me all spiritual blessings through thy foster Son, Jesus Christ Our Lord, so that, having engaged here below thy heavenly power, I may offer thee my thanksgiving and homage.

O St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating thee and Jesus asleep in thine arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near thy heart. press Him in my name and my dad's name and kiss His fine head for us, and ask Him to return the kiss when we draw our dying breath.

St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for Brother Al's Dad. Amen

It is said that

THIS PRAYER WAS FOUND IN THE 5OTH YEAR OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST. IN 1505 IT WAS SENT FROM THE POPE TO EMPEROR CHARLES WHEN HE WAS GOING INTO BATTLE. WHOEVER SHALL READ THIS PRAYER OR HEAR IT OR KEEP IT ABOUT THEMSELVES SHALL NEVER DIE A SUDDEN DEATH OR BE DROWNED, NOR SHALL POISON TAKE EFFECT ON THEM---- NEITHER SHALL THEY FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THE ENEMY OR BE BURNED IN ANY FIRE OR BE OVERPOWERED IN BATTLE. SAY FOR NINE MORNINGS FOR ANYTHING YOU DESIRE. IT HAS NEVER BEEN KNOWN TO FAIL, PROVIDED THAT THE REQUEST IS FOR ONE'S SPIRITUAL BENEFIT OR FOR THOSE WHOM WE ARE PRAYING FOR.

gracia, Marie-Lou, sterph and 2 others like this.
  6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

FS, I will pray also. And for you and the family, as well. I know your heart is very heavy right now. I can remember that feeling well. Peace be with you and your father as we pray and trust. St. Joseph is the saint of a happy death since he had Jesus and the Blessed Mother with him as he passed away.
    I also echo the efficacy of the Divine Mercy chaplet. My father was dying in a nursing home and they wanted to give him a feeding tube. I said a Divine Mercy chaplet on my way home in the car and he passed away in his sleep that night, peacefully.

gracia, Marie-Lou and fallen saint like this.
  7. soldier of christ

soldier of christ Archangels

My prayers are with you and your family. May God be merciful with your father and may Mary most blessed bring comfort and protection to him during his hour of need.

gracia, Marie-Lou, AED and 1 other person like this.
  8. Texas Mama of 2

Texas Mama of 2 Archangels

My little girls and I will say the Divine Mercy chaplet for your dad and all of you today...

9. Ed Kleese

Ed Kleese Servant

Praying for Dad, you and your family Brother Al.
    Peace, Ed

10. maryrose

maryrose Powers

count me in you will be in my prayers.

Marie-Lou, AED and fallen saint like this.
  11. Dolours

Dolours Guest

Not much of a heavy hitter here, but I will pray for your Dad and for you.

gracia, Marie-Lou, AED and 2 others like this.
  12. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

Praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for him at 3PM this afternoon. Jesus said whatever you ask for in the Hour of Mercy, He will grant if it be His Will. Let us pray that Our dear Lord opens His arms to your dad and your dad falls into His arms, with Our Blessed Mother by his side.

13. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

I'm there with you and your father Brother Al. I will also be praying the Divine Chaplet.

14. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

Dolours, The humble of heart are the ones that our Lord listens too. I'm honored to have you in the same trench praying for others.

God bless

15. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

FallenSaint, My next rosary will be for your Dad. God bless.

16. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

“I desire that you know more profoundly the love that burns in My Heart for souls, and you will understand this when you meditate upon My Passion.. Call upon My mercy on behalf of sinners; I desire their salvation. When you say this prayer with a contrite heart and with faith on behalf of some sinner, I will give him the grace of conversion. This is the prayer: ‘O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of mercy for us, I trust in You.’ (186, 187)

gracia and Marie-Lou like this.
  17. Indy

Indy Praying

Rest of my prayers today are for you Dad.

18. CathyG

CathyG Archangels

Praying for your dad and you as well, FS.

19. AED

AED Powers

In the trenches FS. Divine Mercy chaplet and Rosary. Will keep your dad in my mind and my prayer.

20. AED

AED Powers

Soul of Christ sanctify Al’s father
    Body of Christ save Al’s father
    Blood of Christ inebriated Al’s father
    Water from the side of Christ cleanse Al’s father
    Passion of Christ strengthen Al’s father
    Oh my dearest Jesus hear me
    Within your holy Wounds hide Al’s father
    Never permit him to be separated from You
    From the malignant enemy defend Al’s father
    At the hour of his death call Al’s father
    That with You he may be praising you with all the angels and saints in heaven. Amen.

gracia, Mario, Julia and 4 others like this.