1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Prayer request

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Don_D, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Don_D

Don_D Powers

Hi everyone, I am asking for your prayer. I have severe rheumatoid arthritis (RA) for many years now and have been using a class of drugs which suppress ones immune system. They have lost their effectiveness over time (I can no longer work or function normally) and my Doctor wants to put me on a new medication called Retuxin. This is a drug that is used for treating cancer but has also shown good results for some with RA.

However, the side effects are a bit scary and can be potentially life threatening.. The drugs I am on now have similar potential side effects as well but the shelf life is much shorter with them because they are a weekly injection. The new RX delivered through an IV infusion will suppress my immune system for 4-6 months at a time.

So, I am asking for your prayers because while I know that I need to trust my Doctor in this matter and be obedient I do have some fears about it. Just going off of my old medications and taking a new one will be painful because the effects of these medications can take months sometimes to begin working. As well because I will have to stop taking my current medication for two weeks before my new one is administered. I am not looking forward to this transition. There is no guarantee that the new med will even work.

I know that God has the say in these things and that I need to trust Him.

So if you don't mind can you please say a word of prayer for me regarding this?

RoryRory and Kwaters like this.
  2. Mary's child

Mary's child Archangels

Don, praying for your physical, emotional and spiritual strength and healing.

Don_D likes this.
  3. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Don,

I will absolutely be praying for you, for a good transition to the new drug and good success with minimal to no side-effects.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    Don_D likes this.
  4. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

You are added to my prayer list.

Don_D likes this.
  5. heyshepard

heyshepard Principalities

Hello Don, I have you on my prayer beads.

Don_D likes this.
  6. padraig

padraig New Member

Praying to St Joseph. Am putting your name in my trusty prayer book.

Don_D likes this.
  7. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Will certainly pray that all goes well for you Don.

Don_D likes this.
  8. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Archangels

Praying for you as well, Don
    And you have the honor of being in Padraig's newfangled trusty prayer book
    ;)

Don_D likes this.
  9. CathyG

CathyG Principalities

You're in my prayers as well, Don!

Don_D likes this.
  10. Don_D

Don_D Powers

Thank you so much everyone. :notworthy:

Dolours and Carol55 like this.
  11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Archangels

Perhaps you could find a Healing Mass somewhere close to you. Get some Rhoda Wise water. Look online at Rhoda Wise.
    God bless you and carry you through this transition.

Don_D likes this.
  12. AED

AED Powers

Absolutely praying for you Don. Tonight and tomorrow at Mass. And you are on my list (like Padraig's book)

Don_D likes this.
  13. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Archangels

My late mother-in-law used to refer to situations like the one you are facing as "being dragged through the knothole." Now when I find I am facing a rigorous challenge not to my liking I always ask the Lord to "drag me through the knothole." He does, and somehow this makes my trial a little less arduous. Most recently I used this to help get through a horrendous heat wave we had here in July that seemed eternal. I was dragged through that knothole. :D

gracia, Dolours and Don_D like this.
  14. Don_D

Don_D Powers

I like your analogy, sometimes the knot hole sure seems awfully small :)

On another note, I will have the opportunity to offer up this pain and suffering I get to go through for others so some good can come of it I hope as well. It's never easy making these kinds of decisions though. I prayed and asked Our Lady to intervene with it if she should. I know that she will if it's needed.

You all are very kind. I am very thankful for all of you.

Light, Patty, gracia and 1 other person like this.
  15. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

Praying for you.

Don_D likes this.
  16. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Archangels

That reminds me of the Novena of Our Lady Untier of Knots, Heavenly Host.
    I will pray the novena for you, DonD, and for all those on MOG who are suffering from a physical or spiritual trial.

gracia, Don_D, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.
  17. Don_D

Don_D Powers

Well, it turns out I will not be having a medication change due to a mole on my back which has become very odd looking recently. So, prayer answered! :)

I will be heading in for a biopsy in a week or so. I won't be able to take any medications until I am healed up from that however. Also, I think that the timing is really not good for this and will not be making any changes regardless. Carol is worried that if I get very sick again she will not be able to help me due to work and I don't want to add to her worries.

Patty, gracia and Mary's child like this.
  18. Don_D

Don_D Powers

On another note; I have been feeling remarkably good all things considered so thank you all yet again for your prayers!!!!

Light, gracia, Mary's child and 3 others like this.
  19. padraig

padraig New Member

more prayer today

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  20. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Archangels

Ditto, I like the way the Lord works things out.
    There is a Protestant church down here that is called, "The God is in Control Church"
    I love the name.:D

Don_D likes this.