1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Prayer request: Chaplet of the Holy Face

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by BrianK, Nov 17, 2016.

1. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod

Hi folks,
    I've been bearing a cross for the last month that is orders of magnitude greater than the 5 strokes I've suffered and the loss of my profession. I accept this cross, because its at least partly a way this most difficult issue will be healed. But for some reason, I have had extreme difficulty bearing this cross today. I need help.

I'm praying the Chaplet of the Holy Face for this special intention, and I would ask you if in your charity you might offer one too for this special intention. Cardinal Burke had asked that this Chaplet be prayed for the Synod, and I'm told it has great power over evil.

I do not own the specific set of beads for this Chaplet, so I just use my Rosary:

"These [prayers] are divided into 5 groups, with the intention of honouring the 5 senses of smell, taste, hearing, touch and sight of Jesus. These senses have their seat, principally, in the Holy Face and render reparative homage for all the sufferings which Our Lord Jesus endured in His Face, through each of these senses."

"The chaplet of the Holy Face honours the 5 senses of Our Lord, Jesus Christ, and entreats God for the triumph of His Church. It is recommended that the faithful pray the Chaplet of the Holy Face to obtain from God, by means of the Holy Face of the Lord Jesus, the downfall of His enemies."

Begin as follows, using a Rosary:

Make the sign of the Cross, with the Cross, and say:

"O God, incline unto my aid.
    O Lord, make haste to help me."

Before each group of beads, reflect on the sense of Jesus, or the wounds of His Face, and say 1 Glory Be... and the following prayer invocation:

"My Jesus, mercy."

On every small bead, say:

"Arise, O Lord, and let Thy enemies be scattered, and let them that hate Thee fly before Thy Face!"

At the end, say:

The Glory Be... 7 times, in honour of the last 7 Words that Jesus spoke on the Cross, and the 7 dolors of the Immaculate Virgin.

Upon completing the Chaplet, say:

"O God, our Protector,
    look down upon us
    and cast Thine eyes
    upon the Face of Thy Christ!"

This prayer is powerful in our time, and this is a convenient way to offer it with our Rosary.

If you feel so inclined, please ad this Chaplet to your daily prayers.

Thank you,
    Brian
    IMG_0044.JPG
    (3D reconstruction of the Holy Face from the Shroud of Turin.)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  2. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Will do Brian!
    Thank you for all you have done for me. ;)
    Hope you are feeling a bit better soon.

Pray4peace and BrianK like this.
  3. BrianK

Thank you. Sincerely.

Praetorian likes this.
  4. Pinecone Jill

Pinecone Jill New Member

Hey Brian,
    I dont agree with you most of the time, but I've always got your back.
    Rosary up! (and chaplet)
    God bless,
    Jill

5. Oh, foo, Brian. So sorry about the heaviness of your cross at this time. Chaplet said soon for you.
    I am sure it will help. Look for the silver lining.
    Bless you.

josephite, Praetorian and BrianK like this.
  6. Pray4peace

Pray4peace Ave Maria

Praying for you...

josephite, Praetorian and BrianK like this.
  7. CathyG

CathyG Angels

I will pray this for you today, Brian. God bless you...

BrianK and josephite like this.
  8. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I'm not familiar with that particular Chaplet, Brian, but I will pray one for you today and try to add it to my prayers for the Synod. You are always included in my prayers for members of the forum. God bless and don't lose hope.

BrianK and josephite like this.
  9. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

I have been keeping you in my prayers. Not familiar with this chaplet though.

BrianK likes this.
  10. MMarie

MMarie Angels

Just said it for you, Brian.

BrianK likes this.
  11. BrianK

Thank you all, and you and the MOG forum and it's members will remain in my prayers and offerings.

SgCatholic likes this.
  12. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

I will pray the chaplet for you as well, Brian. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist!

BrianK likes this.
  13. Prayed the chaplet for you at Adoration today when it was quiet, just before a horde of children came in:)

BrianK likes this.
  14. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I'm sorry to hear this Brian....I will pray this tonight. Please keep us updated.

BrianK likes this.
  15. BrianK

Thank you all again so much. This cross doesn't appear to be lifting any time soon, but I received a much deeper understanding of its reasons and importance over the last 48 hours thanks at least in part to your prayers. I just had a phone conversation out of the blue that also helps make things much more clear. Perseverance is easier to achieve today.

16. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Just finished it for you Brian. Jesus, I trust in You.

BrianK likes this.
  17. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Brian....just give it to God. It is His to resolve if you entrust it to Him....but you already know that.

BrianK likes this.
  18. a wee one

a wee one Angels

Just prayed the Chaplet of the Holy Face for you, Brian. God bless you always.

Joe Crozier 2 and BrianK like this.
  19. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I like this Chaplet, Brian, and will pray it more often. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Vanessa Maglasang and BrianK like this.
  20. Brian I regard you as a chronic pain in the neck but I will pray this devotion for your sorry old butt.... whether you like it or not. There you go - covered from top to bottom. As ever, every time I approach the altar I take you and Padraig and Mac and Dolours and Aviso and all the other pains with me. No wonder I am so sore. Please take this only as a light hearted dig. I do not know how much you suffer but I know you suffer much and more than most. God bless you and preserve you and heal you that you may be restored in mind, body and Spirit.

Jeanne, a wee one and Dolours like this.