Prayer for a young mother

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by twoangels, Mar 3, 2009.

1. twoangels

twoangels New Member

I,ve received this evening a phone call from a friend who has told me a girl we know is on life support in hospital in Dublin. Her daughter is in the same class as my oldest girl. She is only a young mother and could I ask you all to keep her in your prayers over the next few days. Her name is Una by the way.....

Thanks

Siobhan

2. Lee

Lee Principalities

I'll dedicate the mass to her in the morning and lift her to Our Lady in the mean time. Prayers are ascending.

3. Seán

Seán New Member

I'll offer my Rosary for Una tonight.

Shane

4. Mario

Mario Powers

Count me in!

Dear Lady,

Hold that young mother, Una, in your arms! Console her and bring her before the throne of your compassionate Son! Take care of this needy daughter, dear Lord!

Safe in the Father's Arms!

5. padraig

padraig Powers

I'll offer up mass this morning for Una, Siobhain, what a great mystery the cross is.

6. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Siobhan,
    I will be praying at Mass today. Also please pray for my son Bryan today who is facing a serious situation in his finances.

Mary

7. padraig

padraig Powers

Praying for Bryan, Mary.

God is very close Mary and loves us all madly. He knows and acts even if it seems He doesn't.

Romans 8:28
    And we know that for those who love God, that is, for those who are called according to his purpose, all things are working together for good.

8. Seán

Seán New Member

prayers offered for Bryan

Sean

9. twoangels

twoangels New Member

Thanks for all your prayers and Masses. I hav'nt had an update on Una's condition as yet but will keep you posted...
    Maryrose, I will be going down to the Blessed Sacrament this evening and will ask for Bryan's financial situation to be helped.
    God Bless everyone

Siobhan

10. Lee

Lee Principalities

Maryrose, a group of ladies prays the rosary at 8:30 this morning, I'll offer it for your son's situation.
    Lee

11. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Thanks everybody for the prayers and words of consolation. It really helps me.

Mary

12. Mario

Mario Powers

Added prayers.

maryrose,

Better late than never- I'll pray for Bryan, too!

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

13. padraig

padraig Powers

I wonder how Una is doing? :shock:

14. twoangels

twoangels New Member

Hi all, the last I heard of or about Una was when I asked my daughter -very nonchantly "how is Lucy's mum" and my daughter replied "great, she's getting out of hospital on Sunday". Now I took this with a pinch of salt because you all know what eight year old girls are like-very positive! I asked someone who might know the situation a bit more and they told me that Una was taken off life support last monday and could'nt breath on her own, so she had to be put back on, and also that she had had a stroke down the left side of her body during the op.(this girl is only in her mid twenties)- I would have prefered to have heard the kids story- it was as I said a lot more positive. As it stands I don't know what the story is. Folks around here are very private and you would'nt hear anything unless you went fishing!! Anyway, because I've heard very little and all that bad stuff happened on monday, I'd be inclined to think on the best side of it and hope that Una pulls through. Will keep you all updated on what follows. Please continue to pray for Una. Thanks again all of you.

Much appreciated

Siobhan

15. Lee

Lee Principalities

We also need a progress report from Mario!

16. twoangels

twoangels New Member

Una is now out in Dun Laoighre rehabilitation centre in Dublin and is paralysed down the left side of her body and the eyesight gone in one eye. It's going to be a long road for her but please God she makes a good recovery in the future. I'm just so happy that she recovered and will live to fight another day! Thanks again guy's for your prayers, its great to have your support.

Siobhan