1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Pray for the restoration and triumph of Holy Mother Church

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by BrianK, Nov 18, 2016.

1. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod

Cardinal Burke had requested the Chaplet of the Holy Face be prayed earnestly so that orthodoxy might prevail at the Synod. Would you now pray it - and share it - for the success of the 4 Cardinals intervention for a clarification of AL?

I'm praying the Chaplet of the Holy Face for Cardinal Burke's intentions (as well as for a special intention) daily. Would you offer one too daily? I'm told it has great power over evil.

"The chaplet ... entreats God for the triumph of His Church. It is recommended that the faithful pray the Chaplet of the Holy Face to obtain from God, by means of the Holy Face of the Lord Jesus, the downfall of His enemies....These [prayers] are divided into 5 groups, with the intention of honouring the 5 senses of smell, taste, hearing, touch and sight of Jesus. These senses have their seat, principally, in the Holy Face and render reparative homage for all the sufferings which Our Lord Jesus endured in His Face, through each of these senses."

I do not own the specific set of beads for this Chaplet, so I just use my Rosary.

Begin as follows, using a Rosary:

Make the sign of the Cross, with the Cross, and say:

"O God, incline unto my aid.
    O Lord, make haste to help me."

Before each group of beads, reflect on the sense of Jesus, or the wounds of His Face, and say 1 Glory Be... and the following prayer invocation:

"My Jesus, mercy."

On every small bead, say:

"Arise, O Lord, and let Thy enemies be scattered, and let them that hate Thee fly before Thy Face!"

At the end, say:

The Glory Be... 7 times, in honour of the last 7 Words that Jesus spoke on the Cross, and the 7 dolors of the Immaculate Virgin.

Upon completing the Chaplet, say:

"O God, our Protector,
    look down upon us
    and cast Thine eyes
    upon the Face of Thy Christ!"

This prayer is powerful in our time, and this is a convenient way to offer it with our Rosary.

If you feel so inclined, please ad this Chaplet to your daily prayers.

Thank you,
    Brian

Richard67, Sunnyveil and sterph like this.
  2. maryrose

maryrose Powers

I will pray. I have the a chaplet booklet and have prayed it for the conversion of my country. I will pray it now for Cardinal Burke's intentions.

3. Mario

Mario Powers

http://www.catholicdoors.com/prayers/chaplets/chap07.htm

I printed this out on one page using font 10. I will commit to say it for one week and if so led, continue. Below is from Ps 67 in the Douay Rheims:

2 Let God arise, and let his enemies be scattered: and let them that hate him flee from before his face. 3 As smoke vanisheth, so let them vanish away: as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God. 4 And let the just feast, and rejoice before God: and be delighted with gladness.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

4. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Mac, I printed out the page (hoping to say the Chaplet at least once tonight while I spend some time at 24 hour Adorations). I'm not sure that I understand completely how to pray the chaplet using a standard set of Rosary beads.

When I prayed the Chaplet before, I said one Globy Be followed by "my Jesus mercy" on each of the Our Father beads, and "Arise O Lord, etc." on each of the Hail Mary beads. I said the Glory Be seven times at the very end. Somehow that doesn't seem right or doesn't seem to fit into the number of beads required for the Chaplet.

What am I doing wrong?

5. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

Well, with my standard rosary I said the introductory prayers, then on the centrepiece (which stands for a large bead) Glory Be and 'my Jesus mercy'. On six following little beads the 'arise O Lord'. This was done five times, skipping the last four beads of a ten decade rosary. then I said another Glory Be and 'my Jesus mercy', followed by three 'arise O Lord'. Then the seven Glory Bes and the final prayer. But I'm not counting on it being correct. The chaplet is for sale at Cenacle for £32 plus p & p. Rather pricy, but they include a card with instructions for praying it. I have one of their other chaplets and the instructions are very useful.

You can see it here:
    [​IMG]

Dolours likes this.
  6. Richard67

Richard67 Powers

7. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod

I'm simply saying not to worry about the numbers and just PRAY the "Arise O Lord..." prayers. That is what is powerful, NOT the number of times it is said. If using a Rosary and not worrying about the total numbers of prayers gets folks to make this part of their daily prayer life, the positive results will outweigh by orders of magnitude any (perceived) deficiency from the total number of prayers being different from the original Chaplet.