1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Pray for Pat as Irma mows over him.

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Rain, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Rain

Rain Powers

My sister and her husband live about 17 miles from Tampa. Their house is a 15 minute walk from the ocean and the area is projected to be in the path of the hurricane's eye. The only thing they have going for them is that their neighborhood is 70 feet above sea level, so storm surge isn't a huge worry. It's everything else! My sister evacuated yesterday, but my brother-in-law refused to go. Please pray for him.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Archangels

will do, been praying, will continue to pray
    We have distant family in Spring Hill, in Hernando County, north of Tampa, probably in harm's way.

gracia and Carol55 like this.
  3. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

I will be praying also.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  4. heyshepard

heyshepard Principalities

Rain,. My brother lives in Hudson Florida. Pretty close to your sister and husband. We have been in close contact so far. It's supposed to be at it's strongest for that area about 1:30 am Monday morning. Myself, family, and Church are saying prayers for all being in the path of these storms.

gracia and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  5. Rain

Rain Powers

The hurricane had lessened before it reached their area. There was very little property damage. My BIL got through it just fine. Thank you all for the prayers.

6. heyshepard

heyshepard Principalities

I'm so glad it all worked out! Many prayers were said for their safety.

7. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Archangels

One thing I heard from the Governor of Florida: at least twice he asked for prayers. That was a real man. And he got them. And God answered.
    :)

gracia and CathyG like this.
  8. padraig

padraig New Member

Yes I noticed how many leaders openly and publically asked for prayer, not only in the USA but in the Caribbean islands. it was an eye opener and a delight. I maybe tend to get a bit cynical sometimes and forget how good people can be. Also the amount of people who came to selflessly help others like the people from Lousiana who helped out the people in Florida. Even at danger to own lives. Also the courage and dedication of the first responders. It teaches me that there is great goodness everywhere.

I remember the first time I put my name into google , 'Padraig Caughey' to see if anyone else had the same name , I came up with a lit of firefighters who died in 9/11 and sure enough there was a guy with the same name who died there.

'Greater love hath no man than this; that he lays down his life for a friend'.

gracia, HeavenlyHosts and CathyG like this.
  9. padraig

padraig New Member

Alongside the heroic and good, the bad. I was watching footage of looters in Miami caught on film. Yesterday I was talking to a lady in work about the very,very few people in Ireland going to Church now (less than 14% in Dublin) and she commented that people who do not go to Church have no moral restraints, that they might do anything wrong. Looking at this I see her point

10. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Archangels

If this is the looting at the shoe store, they got these guys and they are behind bars. Pretty brazen.

11. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Just logged on to say that everyone affected by the hurricane has been included in the prayers of the faithful at Masses here. Hope all MOG members in Florida are ok. Will continue to include them in my prayers. I wonder how people in Houston are coping with the aftermath of last week's floods. Will continue to keep them in my prayers too.

12. Florida Panther

Florida Panther Jesus through Mary

Thank you all for your prayers. Our power came back Tuesday night, (internet still out) some tree damage and a couple of roof tiles with some minor leaking. Next door neighbors 40 ft tree came down on their cars, two others on our street had them fall directly on to their houses so I feel very fortunate and filled with gratitude it wasn't worse.

God Bless all who prayed for all of us in Irma's path and continue to pray for all those who lost their lives as well as those who are now having to deal with the devastation of their homes and property. Also, please say a special prayer for those people who lost their lives from the heat in the nursing home down here.

13. Mario

Mario Powers

FP,

So glad you are safe and sound! I will pray for you, your neighbors, and the deceased and living residents at the nursing home!:( Lord have mercy!

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

Florida Panther likes this.
  14. AED

AED Powers

So happy FP that all is getting back on track.

15. AED

AED Powers

This is wonderful news. Prayer surely works. As bad as Irma was I think it was mitigated.