1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Pope's New Book

Discussion in 'Positive Critique' started by padraig, Sep 30, 2017.

1. I stand fast to the Rock of Peter.
    That rock is Pope Benedict xvi.

What is currently happening in the catholic papacy is not unprecedented .
    As I said history shows and proves that cardinals in conclave elected an anti pope during the the Great Western schism.
    It happened before and I believe sincerely it has sadly happened again .

How any catholic could take seriously a man like Fr Bergoglio S J who has publicly denied the immortality of the soul, rejects the divine commandment to preach the gospel to all nations [ his many comments on proselytism prove that] and wants adulterers to receive Holy Communion is quite beyond me.

I advise all Catholics to be very very careful as to who they think the legitimate and valid pope actually is.

gracia likes this.
  2. What's funny about my views on the Trinity?

Do you think the First Person of the Holy Trinity is an auld fella with a beard?

There are many who do.

3. There are two sitting popes.
    Perhaps you can convince me of the validity of the outcome of the 2013 papal conclave..?
    The statements and writings of at least 3 cardinals connected to that conclave throw doubt on its validity. [Cardinal Daneels, Cardinal Murphy O Connor and and American whose name I can't just remember at the moment.]

The Catholic Church now faces an unprecedented situation where a person claiming to be a valid Pope is overturning settled church teaching on communion for adulterers and in so doing rejecting the clear words of Christ.
    In addition Bergoglio has called proselytism poison and wrong.
    [Proselytism is the effort to convert another to Catholicism .
    Christ himself commanded that the world convert to Catholicism when He said go preach the gospel to all nations]
    Perhaps you think these aforesaid matters are of no consequence?

Now you prove to me please why on earth I ever should have any trust in a priest like Fr Bergoglio who makes these types of pronouncements?

No.
    When in doubt a catholic is obliged to take the safer course and in these times the safer course is to go with Pope Benedict whose spokesperson archbishop Ganswein claims he is operating an expanded Petrine ministry.
    That is where I stand on the matter.
    If other Catholics wish to follow Fr Bergoglio that is their choice.

Also please remember that all these problems have been caused by the heterodox statements opinions writings and conduct of Fr Bergoglio Sj.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2017
    gracia likes this.
  4. You say you disagree with nearly everything that Francis says.
    Is that normal for a practising Catholic ?
    I am a practising Catholic and I can not and will not accept the egregious heresies spoken and written by Francis.
    Please remember that Francis has denied the immortality of the human soul, does not want the catholic faith spread[ his never ending fulminations against proselytism ] and wants to give Holy Communion to public adulterers.
    Therefore such an individual can not be in my honest opinion be a catholic pope of any kind.

Therefore what am I left with?
    All I'm left with with is the mystery surrounding Pope Benedicts alleged resignation and for me that is then the only current solution and the answer for me anyway is that somehow Pope Benedict remains the only valid Pope.
    I'm sorry if this upsets some people and my intentions not that.
    If people feel that Francis is ok as pope for them then that's fine with me.

I can never ever have any trust in any priest , bishop, Cardinal or pope who openly and clearly contradicts Catholic Church teaching on settled important matters of church doctrine.

What does catholic truth depend on?
    It depends on the affirmed settled tradition of the churches magisterium to teach the truth of Christ.

One of those doctrines is the immortality of the human soul.
    Francis has denied that when he stated that souls could be annihilated.
    That is false.

How can any valid pope go about repudiating and denying firmly established dogmatic truths of the church he claims to preside over?

It is absurd.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2017
    gracia likes this.
  5. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

The wonderful thing about the Catholic faith is that it is not my job to convince you of the validity of a Papal Conclave. In the Catholic Church we work through a hierarchy of Bishops and Cardinals. They told us the conclave was carried through properly. That's it. In the future if they tell us that there was a problem with the conclave then so be it. We don't have to all come up with an individual interpretation of events. That is what Protestants do.

The Catholic Church has had many anti-popes in it's history. Somewhere on the order of 30 to 40 anti-popes out of 266 total Popes. That is a high percentage. It is certainly possible we will have anti-popes again in the future. That is not my point. What I am saying is that as a Catholic layman you have no AUTHORITY within the Church to declare a Pope's election valid or invalid. That is a very weighty declaration and one far beyond your station in life.

I would advise you to seek the council of a good priest in this matter and to stop spreading this opinion of yours around as if it were fact.

6. Indeed I have sought council and when I asked the priest in confession who was the pope in Rome the answer I got was "we also have a problem figuring that out."
    It is perfectly in order for any catholic to doubt the outcome of any conclave.
    The position in the RCC since Benedicts so called resignation is unique in church history.
    Nor is it for you to pronounce upon " my station in life" .
    You do not know what it is.
    I am not alone in these grave concerns surrounding the Roman Catholic papacy.
    There is a hint of ecclesiastical bullying in your posts and I suggest this may be due to the fears engendered by this catastrophic situation created by Pope Benedict for reasons known to him alone.

gracia likes this.
  7. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

If your position in life is that you are the entire College of Cardinals or if you are the Pope himself then I apologize. I did not realize that was to whom I was speaking. If you are anyone else then I was correct it is not your station in life to make these decisions.

Please also do not misrepresent my position. I never said it was wrong to wonder if there might have been some irregularities in the conclave. That is an entirely different thing than stating that you know that Pope Francis is invalid. I am sorry sir, but there is no way for you to know that, much less to make a proclamation. You are badly confused.

There is also no bullying in my posts at all. You may be leading others astray with your assertions and my concern is for their souls as well as for yours. This is not a casual matter, so I will continue to be adamant.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    Booklady, Mary's child and Dolours like this.
  8. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Yes, like it or not, the Church has a hierarchical structure which has served us well for 2,000 years despite the occasional hiccup. We can have our reservations, and Lord knows I have very, very serious reservations about Pope Francis to the stage where I doubt that he is a Catholic and I also have doubts about the validity of his election. Nevertheless, unless the Bishops decide otherwise, I must accept and acknowledge him as the valid Pope and pray that he will get his act together. There were enough Canon lawyers at the Conclave to know whether the seat was vacant when they were choosing Benedict's successor. If they had any doubts they managed to keep them secret which is something of a miracle in today's Church.

Booklady, Mary's child and AED like this.
  9. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Really the only Catholic option at this point is to accept the validity of this Pontificate. The laity do not have the power to unseat a sitting Pope or "wish him away". Unless a competent Church ruling comes down to us from the Church hierarchy we just have to attempt to get along the best we can. Oppose error where we see it, but we must not separate ourselves from the Church by refusing submission to the Roman Pontiff.

Most of us here are not Canon Lawyers or Theologians. Yes we have done some armchair studying to try to figure things out, but that is a far cry from being able to competently judge these things. It is the difference between reading a basic law book and trying to defend yourself in court. Over the past 2 years many times I have thought I "knew" something about Canon Law only later to find out that there are other qualifiers in Canon Law that make the exact opposite of what I thought was true actually correct.

Mary's child and Dolours like this.
  10. padraig

padraig New Member

Well to be honest we don't really know the inside story. What we have is what we got. I try to be as charitable as I can be. Pope Francis is our Pope. Sigh. What can you do but pray and penance and pray? We can post till our hands fall off and I am afraid it will not change anything.

Where I go to mass on Sunday I see people gathered together talking about all this. I never join in. I just feel the need to be alone and pray often. Prayer is the only thing I can really do to help. So I pray.

I admit I am stunned with the power the devil has at the moment. Especially in the Vatican

Totally stunned. But it is up to the Cardinals and Bishops to fix things. All we can do is pray. We can protest too..but who would listen? I mean really?

11. padraig

padraig New Member

Sigh . This whole thing is a huge, huge trial. Huge. I just keep on praying and standing with Jesus on the Cross. I have had a very bad week of it. One morning I woke up blinded by migraines I had slept so little. Another morning I woke up and felt the presence of Satan very strongly in my room.

I just feel Satan has huge, huge power at the moment. Really huge. But my heart still beats strong with Love for God's Church and His people. My hope is not dimmed. But I confess at the moment Satan does seem everywhere Triumphant.

But not in my heart nor I am sure in yours. Sigh. Sometimes lately I just wish God would just call me home when I see what is happening in Rome.
    I do not feel even able to comment on the Holy Father's goings on anymore. It just breaks me heart. It really does.

I just think sometimes, 'This is the Pope, Our Pope, our Catholic Pope we are talking about'

Then my wings just droop and my heart breaks anew.

What a bitter, bitter trial.

What a betrayal

But we must not be like Peter , we must not take up the Sword.

The Hour of the Passion and Mystical Death of the Church is Upon us. Let us stand praying at the Foot of the Cross as Our Holy Mother the Church appears to die before us!!

Let us stand with Mary

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  12. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Maria, regina victoria!

Booklady and AED like this.
  13. padraig

padraig New Member

sunburst, AED and Praetorian like this.
  14. sterph

sterph Archangels

I cry about it too. Then I pray and trust.

sunburst, gracia, AED and 2 others like this.
  15. Dolours

Dolours Powers

AED likes this.
  16. AED

AED Powers

Booklady likes this.
  17. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Very demoralising. In case you aren't aware, McAleese, now a Professor of Irish Studies at a Catholic University in England, was very vocal during the campaign to legalise gay marriage in Ireland: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/pol...ld-cost-our-gay-children-everything-1.2218061 I'm pretty sure I read that she also attended Cardinal Kasper's shadow synod.

To my eternal regret and shame, I voted for her. What disgusted me most about her was a TV interview where she described having met Pope John Paul in the latter stage of his illness. She curled her lip and wrinkled her nose as she described him and how he didn't appear to know who she was or didn't know her name. Somebody close to St. John Paul must have arranged that meeting and that TV interview came immediately to mind as Malachi Martin said in one of the youtube videos that Pope John Paul was surrounded by people who hated him (or words to that effect).

Anyone who thinks that she and her ilk don't have an agenda to have the Sacrament of Matrimony conferred on same sex unions is deluded. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see her given some position on a Vatican committee.

This St. Gallen papacy has always been about undoing the teaching of Pope John Paul, especially regarding sexual morality and the family.

AED and gracia like this.