1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Pope will make two-day visit to Fatima marking apparition anniversary

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by davidtlig, Dec 18, 2016.

1. davidtlig

davidtlig Powers

Pope will make two-day visit to Fatima marking apparition anniversary
    by Elise Harris
    Vatican City, Dec 17, 2016 / 07:59 am (EWTN News/CNA)

Though rumors have been floating around for some time, the Vatican confirmed Saturday that Pope Francis will travel to Fatima, Portugal May 12-13 in honor of the centenary of the apparitions.

β€œOn the occasion of the centenary of the apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary at Cova da Iria, and welcoming the invitation of the Republic and of the Portuguese bishops, His Holiness Pope Francis will go on pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima May 12-13, 2017.”

The announcement was made in a Dec. 17 communique from the Vatican. Official statements confirming the dates had already been made over the past few days by both the president of Portugal, Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa, as well as the Fatima Shrine itself.

Of all Marian apparitions, those relating to Our Lady of Fatima are among the most famous. On May 13, 1917, siblings Francisco and Jacinta Marto – 9 and 7 – and their cousin, 10-year-old Lucia dos Santos, took their sheep to graze near the Portuguese town of Fatima when they saw a figure of a woman dressed in white and holding a rosary.

http://www.ewtnnews.com/catholic-news/Vatican.php?id=14757

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    sparrow, Mario and Sanctus like this.
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

I wonder..I wonder, I wonder.......

3. Mario

Mario Powers

Romans 5: 5 and hope does not disappoint us, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit which has been given to us.

Booklady and sparrow like this.
  4. Dean

Dean Principalities

Wonder????? About what?

5. padraig

padraig New Member

If the Holy Father has a particular reason for going there and staying for so long. The Vatican has information not available to the rest of us , particularly from the Late visionary Sr Lucia. It is not well known but Sr Lucia had ungoing visions of the Blessed Mother long after the Fatima ones which she disclosed to the Church leaders but were never made public. Pope Francis will have this information to hand.

[​IMG]

Mac, BrianK, sparrow and 1 other person like this.
  6. Leo

Leo Principalities

It would be a marvelous time to highlight "the marian solution":

http://vultuschristi.org/index.php/2016/12/difficult-pastoral-situations-the-marian-solution/

Booklady and MMarie like this.
  7. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Archangels

This just may be the very solution for every single malady that we suffer as sinful creatures struggling to be near God. For most of us here, confession and conversion is our path.

Thank you for this beautiful devotion to Jesus through Mary . What a very wise, patient, and devout priest.

Booklady and MMarie like this.
  8. padraig

padraig New Member

Wonderful. Grace.

I used to read about Victim Souls and people who did wonderful things for God and felt drawn to it but guilty that I never had the courage. But then it came to me that there was another way, so I leave all my offerings of suffering in the Hands of Mary. Thus I make the offering of the Cross but leave it in the Hands of Mary.

sterph and djmoforegon like this.
  9. Leo

Leo Principalities

Padraig, just wondering if you have had the opportunity to visit Silverstream Priory in Stamullen-Co. Meath?

http://vultuschristi.org