1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Pope getting rid of College of Cardinals!!??

Discussion in 'Church Critique' started by Blizzard, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

...so he can choose his own successor?

Has anyone heard about this?

Can this be true?

The source seems reliable but these days you never know...

For your discernment. Go to 2:00

Don_D likes this.
  2. davidtlig

davidtlig Powers

"The source seems reliable", Blizzard?? Remnant TV????!!!!

In the words of J. McEnroe, "you can not be serious......"

3. AED

AED Powers

One must be careful of sources but the unthinkable lately has become reality and as Alice said in Wonderland "curiouser and curiouser" so before I dismiss this out of hand I would say "watch and pray"

4. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Well, if so then the "Cardinals" prophesied fleeing Rome with the Pope must be birds or a sports team!

5. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

I just looked around and I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else. Personally it seems to me the Pope is doing the exact opposite. Enlarging the College of Cardinals with many new appointments globally.

6. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod Staff Member

I've heard this "rumor" reported from other sources, so keep an eye on this.

Luan Ribeiro and gracia like this.
  7. Dean

Dean Archangels

Garbage. Pure garbage. ANyone with an iphone can now go on youtube and make a video on pope francis choosing his own successor OR planet x or anything else.

Stan is hard at work

8. BrianK

Not so long ago, that’s what they said when we asserted that Pope Francis fully intended to admit those in public mortal sin to communion.

Nothing is “impossible” any more under this pontificate.

Nothing.

9. It is not a valid pontificate and never has been.
    The 2013 conclave electoral process was defective as was the resignation process of Pope Benedict the xvi.
    What all this means is that Pope Benedict the xvi remains the only lawful Pope.

little me, DivineMercy and gracia like this.
  10. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro New Member

Do you remember the other sources of this "rumor"?

11. Dean

Dean Archangels

I am not a fan of many of the things this Pope has done or failed to do. There is a long list. BUT this is pure nonsense. like him or not, he was validly selected.

12. Dean

Dean Archangels

Probably some site, then this guy on youtube saw it so he did a video saying 'he heard'. All this lends to one person starting it somewhere and rumor grows.

Wasting you Time on nonsense. There are real fights to be had right now in this society. Don't let satan distract you

13. Pope Benedicts resignation contravened canon law and remains legally incomplete.
    The conclave of 2013 violated the apostolic constitution governing such elections in several areas.
    Therefore very very serious doubts have arisen concerning the validity of the 2013 papal election.

In such cases all any catholic can do is to take the safe option.
    That safe option is to continue to regard the pontificate of Pope Benedict as the only valid and binding one.

little me and gracia like this.
  14. BrianK

http://4christum.blogspot.com/2017/10/retired-bishop-of-corpus-christi.html?m=1

Retired Bishop of Corpus Christi suspects Benedict XVI is still Pope.

According to Gracida the Apostolic Constitution Universi Dominici Gregis excommunicates any cardinal who participates in a conspiracy for the election of a new pope, “There is no doubt that Francis was party to a conspiracy to get him elected.” For Gracida an excommunicated cardinal cannot elect a pope.

Further Gracida questions the validity of the resignation of Benedict XVI. For him “there is some evidence that Benedict was forced to resign”. In this case the resignation would be “invalid and he is still the Pope”. en.news

[​IMG]
    Bishop René Henry Gracida, a friend of St John Paul II and Mother Angelica, expressed his 'gratitude' for the document

He told the Catholic Herald that he hoped “other bishops will sign on to this lay initiative”
    Bishop Gracida referred to Blessed John Henry Newman’s history of the Arian crisis, which describes how “it was the overwhelming resistance of the laity to the Arian heresy which eventually persuaded the majority of bishops ‘who were either Arian or semi-Arian’ to support the efforts of St Athanasius and the Pope that eventually led to the condemnation of the heresy.”
    Bp. Gracida:
    Only God knows whether or not Francis is an Antipope.
    There is no doubt that he was elected a pope, but is he a pope or is he an antipope?
    There is doubt that his election was both valid and licit, there is good reason to believe that it was either illicit but valid or licit and invalid. The reason for the confusion is that the Apostolic Constitution, Universi Dominici Gregis [of John Paul II], governing papal conclaves provides for the automatic excommunication of any cardinal who participates in a conspiracy to cause or prevent the election of a cardinal. There is no doubt that Francis was party to a conspiracy to get him elected. Therefore it is a legitimate question whether or not it is possible for an excommunicated cardinal to be both licitly and validly elected pope.
    All of this combined with doubt about the validity of the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI justifies doubt concerning whether Francis is THE pope.
    There is some evidence that Benedict was forced to resign. If that is true, his resignation was invalid. The one person who could have ruled on the validity or invalidity of his resignation was the Prefect of the Apostolic Signatura who at that time was Cardinal Raymond Burke. The first act of Francis as Pope was to remove Cardinal Burke as Prefect of the Apostolic Signatura and to appoint Cardinal Pinto, a supporter of Francis. If Pope Benedict’s resignation was forced it was invalid and he is still the Pope of the Church but with the chair of Saint Peter occupied by an antipope.
    […]
    I hope that all of this helps you to understand the complexity of the present situation in the Church.
    ABYSSUM
    (“There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven”, Abyssus Abyssum Invocat, Sep. 5, 2017; special formatting removed.)
    Bishop Gracida and Fr Andrew Pinsent: Why we signed the filial correction

15. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

May be a groundless rumor. Or there may be something to it... there may be something in the air, perhaps not quite dismissing the College of Cardinals but implementing a new way to elect a pope.

Remember liberation theologians have been floating the idea for a long time - and this pope is one of them.

Pope´s pal and liberation theology master Leonardo Boff (once silenced by Cardinal Ratzinger for his extreme Marxist views), an enthusiastic supporter of this pope said:

Jonathan J. Armstrong: You (Boff) write of the pope’s humility and simplicity: “It would not be surprising if one day, as John Paul II wanted, the pope should decide to abandon the Vatican and go off and live in a modest lodging, with plenty of outside space to receive visits from the faithful. The times are ripe for this type of revolution in papal customs” (p. 49). You also write: “It is not unthinkable that representatives of the people of God, from cardinals to women, should be invited to elect a pope for the whole Christian world. It is urgent to reform the curia so that it becomes decentralized. Surely Pope Francis will do this” (p. 52). It is now the third year that Pope Francis I has held office; do you see from Pope Francis I the kind of radical action that had you hoped for when you first published this book?

https://leonardoboff.wordpress.com/2016/12/15/leonardo-boff-francis-of-rome-francis-of-assisi/

Don_D and BrianK like this.
  16. Dean

Dean Archangels

And when benedict himself says Francis is pope? Oh let me guess, he is being forced to?

Again Francis has faults, far to many. But he is valid pope.

I am scared of what he could end up doing. Know what really is the thing that gets me. I have a deep devotion to Faustina. On 12/17/36 she wrote in her journal this is the worst day ever. She wept because of the horrors of that day. That was Francis' birthday. Coincidence? Maybe, but has my attention. So as you can see, I am not a bug Francis supporter. But Francis is our Pope.

If it should happen that the Roman Pontiff resigns his office, it is required for validity that he makes the resignation freely and that it be duly manifested, but not that it be accepted by anyone. So unless you have some conspiracy theory about how someone held a gun to Benedicts head to retire.

AND if you do believe that is the case, then shame on you for not trusting that the future Saint Benedict is strong enough to do what is right. If you believe he was forced to retire, then you believe he is a weak man and im disgusted. He is as strong as they come

Texas Mama of 2 likes this.
  17. Fiat

Fiat The Good Shepherd

AT, you hold an extremist and minority position that will probably not gain a great deal of traction on this Forum. Give it a rest!

18. Dean

Dean Archangels

Amen Fiat

HeavenlyHosts and Praetorian like this.
  19. Pope Benedict is alive. You can be sure that if there was anything wrong with his resignation he would have said it somehow. But on the contrary, he said that he resigned of his own free will and health reasons. he talks about this in his last book.

Dean likes this.
  20. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I read comments from one of the Pope's inner circle (I can't recall whether it was the Jesuit Superior General - he of the invented Satan and relativity of Jesus' teaching on marriage fame - or whether it was one of the equally heretical Cardinals) about how Francis is reshaping the Church. The Church that man envisages would be unrecognisable to us. There have been moves afoot for quite a long time to involve people other than Cardinals in the selection of a Pope. I think that the speculation about getting rid of the College of Cardinals is misleading. For starters, the Cardinals among the Pope's entourage won't support any diminution of their own importance and the ambitious progressive priests will soon desert him if he scuppers their career prospects. It's more likely that he will expand dicastries to include members of the laity including women. Given his track record, the laity will likely include a smattering of faithful Catholics outnumbered by heterodox priests, Nuns-on-the-Bus and Forgotten Great types. Just as Communion for people in irregular unions is a defacto Catholic sanctioning of divorce, fornication and same-sex marriage, the new inclusive, management process will lead to the process of selecting a Pope similar to how the prevailing secular culture chooses a political leader. Needless to say, the modernist innovation will be presented to the Catholic faithful in language giving the Pope plausible deniability. If it waddles and quacks it's a duck no matter how many "Catholic" spokesmen proclaim it to be a swan.

Blizzard likes this.