1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Pope Francis questions Trump’s pro-life values

Discussion in 'Church Critique' started by Blizzard, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

Frankly, this is beyond hypocritical.

I am at a loss for words but the words in the comments section pretty much express what I feel.

Here´s a few of them plus the article in question:

Whenever the pope lists a series of concerning issues, abortion is almost always dead last. Order is important when someone makes a list. Abortion is a non-negotiable issue for Catholics, unlike immigration and climate change. I question the pope's commitment to FUNDMENTAL, NON-NEGOTIABLE pro-life issues.

Why is the pope now judging others on the pro-life question including President Trump? Didn't he say, "Who am I to judge?"

He said nothing under Obama. But with Trump always criticism

I too question Trump's pro-life credentials. The problem is all of the leaders of other countries who are unquestionably pro-choice and ne'er a word from His Holiness.

Yet the Pope puts pro abortion people in high positions.

Climate Change is a euphemism for abortion, euthanasia and eugenics. It is all about reducing the world population by any means necessar

In this very same plane press conference the Pope managed to adroitly side step a question requiring him to comment directly on Maduro the president of Venezuela, and he had the nerve to position himself as a spiritual person who is above and does not understand the geopolitical issues concerning North Korea. He really is a political animal in his shrewd avoidance of non answers when it suits him. North Korea is simple, a murderous militarist mad dictator atheist running a closed society going after the nuclear bomb to threaten the world. What is so hard to understand, Your Holiness? (Will Trump counter punch again about the Pope's criticism of his Pro-life position? Or just let it go?)

For this man to accuse anyone of not being pro-life or pro-family is truly the pot calling the kettle black. Answer the dubia, Pope Francis! Do your job!

BREAKING: Pope Francis questions Trump’s pro-life values
    Abortion , Daca , Donald Trump , Immigration , Pope Francis , President Trump

September 11, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) – Pope Francis challenged President Trump on his pro-life views in a new interview, questioning whether Trump is actually pro-life because of his immigration stances.

Aboard the papal plane on September 10, Pope Francis criticized the U.S. president over his plans to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. DACA allows children of illegal immigrants who were illegally brought into the country to remain and apply for work permits.

"I have heard the President of the United States speak," said Pope Francis as translated and reported by the National Catholic Reporter. "He presents himself as a pro-life man. If he is a good pro-lifer, he should understand that the family is the cradle of life and you must defend its unity."

He was answering a Mexican journalist's question.

"Removing young people from their family is not a thing that bears good fruit, neither for the young person nor the family," the pope continued, admitting "he has not studied the specifics of the DACA program," according to NCR.

"Young people today need to re-find their roots," Pope Francis continued. "And anything that goes against this robs them of hope."

According to NCR, Pope Francis suggested "young people who become detached from their roots and lose hope in the future" might choose suicide. It's unclear whether he was implying that the "roots" of those benefitting from DACA are their home countries or the United States.

During the same press conference, Pope Francis said there's a "moral responsibility" for people to do what they can to halt "climate change."

"If someone is a bit doubtful ... ask the scientists," he said. "They are very clear. They are not opinions on the fly. They are very clear. Then, decide and history will judge the decisions."

Some of the scientists and "experts" with whom the pope closely collaborates are abortion supporters.

In April 2017, President Trump signed into law the first piece of federal pro-life legislation in more than a decade. It prevents states from being forced to fund abortion giant Planned Parenthood. It allows states to exclude Planned Parenthood from its Title X money.

Shortly after being inaugurated, Trump reinstated the Mexico City Policy, which prohibits U.S. funding from going to abortion-committing and committing groups like International Planned Parenthood.

Also in April 2017, Trump withdrew U.S. funding from the United Nations Population Fund because of its participation in China's forced abortion regime.

Pope Francis questioned Trump's faith during his campaign. Trump called this comment, which was also seemingly prompted by his immigration stances, "disgraceful."

More here:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaking-pope-francis-questions-trumps-pro-life-values6

sunburst, Fatima, sterph and 2 others like this.
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

'The enemy of my enemy is my friend'.

But for Pope Francis the enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Enough said. President Trump must be left scratching his head, much like the rest of us.

[​IMG]

3. padraig

padraig New Member

This explains things very well. Pope Francis is in fact a cultural Marxist. He would be much more at home with Hilary Clinton , support for abortion and sexual perversion and all else than ever he would be for Trump.

The question,

'Is the Pope a Catholic?',

Becomes more relevant with each passing day.

Personally no I don't consider him a Catholic. A Marxist, probably yes. A Freemason , I would guess yes .

A Catholic? No. Certainly not. My dogs are more Catholic than he is.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    gracia, Mario, sunburst and 2 others like this.
  4. Blizzard

Here´s the man´s interview from the National Catholic Reporter.

Funny, I was under the impression that 2,000 years of church tradition clearly stated that chastisements are a consequence of sin, of rejecting God´s law. Now this man says chastisements are a result of carbon emissions and overpopulation. Well, I must´ve misread/misinterpreted the words of the prophets and of Our Lord and the saints. Or maybe they never said that. After all, there were no tape recorders at the time...

Excerpt:

'History will judge' climate change deniers

Francis also said during the press conference that political leaders have a moral responsibility to follow scientists' recommendations and reduce carbon emissions in order to stem the effects of climate change.

The pope said that whoever denies that humans are contributing to the warming of the planet "needs to go visit the scientists and ask them."

"You see the effects of climate change, and the scientists say clearly the path to follow," said the pontiff, mentioning current reports that the ice at the North Pole is breaking up due to increased global temperatures. "All of us have a ... moral responsibility."

https://www.ncronline.org/news/worl...trumps-pro-life-values-over-decision-end-daca

gracia likes this.
  5. Pray4peace

Pray4peace Ave Maria

Francis also said during the press conference that political leaders have a moral responsibility to follow scientists' recommendations and reduce carbon emissions in order to stem the effects of climate change.

So does this mean that the Pope will no longer use cars or jets as transportation? I mean, it's his moral responsibility to avoid them. I wonder if I can get a papal audience by offering to get him a donkey to ride instead. :sneaky:

Tanker, Mary's child and sterph like this.
  6. Don_D

Don_D Powers

This is the thing which always kills me with Pope Francis, nations have rules, just like the church. On the face of it what PF is saying is correct. Certainly nobody wants to see any family broken up or displaced. That said, when a nations laws are rent asunder and no longer followed there will be a fundamental breakdown of that society as a result. PF is clearly a political animal. He shows this time after time in his off handed remarks addressing issues which are people pleasing. Yet, he remains silent with controversial issues which he should speak out for.

America has always been a welcoming nation for immigrants and refugees and I don't see that ever changing. One look at our culture tells the tale, we are such a mish mash of cultures we really don't a lot that is too unique besides maybe strip malls, baseball, and pickup trucks.

gracia, sunburst, Tanker and 2 others like this.
  7. Mark1

Mark1 Angels

...It's quite an uncomfortable position to be in, to have some issues with this pope...yet, I do. As others have put it, it seems quite often he speaks out against Trump or his agenda/policies, yet was relatively silent on the agenda or policies of Obama. And that's just U.S. politics. Again, "in my opinion", he has seemed silent on various issues or injustices going on in other countries, but has no problem inserting his opinion on what is going on in the U.S. I would be happy to avoid grief and fully embrace the global warming montra But, over time, I will hear or read things from qualified people who disagree with it, and I find myself agreeing with them. I find it rather insulting, the words the pope chose to put his own thoughts on the matter of global warming, out there.

gracia, Fatima and Don_D like this.
  8. Tanker

Tanker Principalities

When I read the article earlier, I rolled my eyes :rolleyes:.

As a leader, he does have a "right" to weigh in on issues across the globe. It does seem, however, that this particular pope loves to give his opinion on the goings on in the US. He is quiet though when the bishops of Malta "interpreted" AL and took action contrary to seeming teachings of the Church. I don't hear him shouting from the rooftops to the toddler in N. Korea to stop his missal "tests". I have heard nothing about him disciplining the crazy sex party in Rome that the Italian police visited. But often I hear him remark on Donald Trump. I mean, the US must be so very important that all these other things going on in the world, in other countries, are so boring in comparison :rolleyes:

My apologies on the sarcasm but I am just filled to the top of my head on all the people from outside the US giving their "correct and learned" opinions on what should take place within the US. It is enough to have to listen to the ever so brilliant people in both parties bashing the US president on an hourly basis here in the US. We are all entitled to our opinions but the pope is not privy to ALL the info and so he should qualify his statement with that fact.

IMO, the pope seems to be having a difficult time with his own area (The Church) and keeping it going. I think he should stick to what he knows and leave the US alone. He's never lived here. He doesn't understand our struggles and form of govt.

gracia, sunburst, Fatima and 3 others like this.
  9. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

image.jpeg He brings back prayer to White House and they still mess with him. Then again the great players usually get yelled at the most.

Before hurricane Irma President Trump called a meeting of the White House Cabinet. Guess what was the first thing they did. A sign of humility towards Our God. Maybe there's hope.

gracia, sunburst, sterph and 7 others like this.
  10. Don_D

Don_D Powers

Yes and all the defunding of planned parenthood here in the US as well as in other nations such as Mexico and China. We are heading in the right direction. Finally!

gracia, sterph, Mmary and 3 others like this.
  11. Malachi

Malachi Principalities

That lightning strike on Feb 11th 2013 at 6pm on St Peter's Dome was the harbinger that God was lifting his hand and letting loose the chaos within the Church as it were. This current papacy has never set well with me and for the sake of my own sanity I have tried my best to ignore it.

I was reading through my old email correspondence with Mark Mallett from a fee years back which just about sums up this papacy to date. I might post it if possible later.

12. Blizzard

The pope said that whoever denies that humans are contributing to the warming of the planet "needs to go visit the scientists and ask them."

"You see the effects of climate change, and the scientists say clearly the path to follow,"

And just what these scientists´recommendations might be? According to scientists what might this path be that we must follow?

You see where this is going?

And the liberal media, of course, is having a field day with his perfectly timed comments in the wake of Harvey and Irma: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41231288

In the past, popes, when confronted with global crises, looked for answers in the words of Our Lord and in 2,000 years of church tradition, including the words of Our Blessed Mother in her many apparitions on earth.

But, to the best of my knowledge, Our Holy Mother never said the cause of chastisements on earth was carbon emissions or overpopulation or "social inequality".

She never urged us to have only two children or to "follow what the scientists say".

Her message in La Salette, Fatima, Garabandal, Medjugorje etc. has always been consistent: returning to God and His law, avoiding sin, prayer, fasting.

These are prophetic times indeed...

13. Fatima

Fatima Powers

No doubt Sin is the greatest cause of climate change. Always has been and always will be. It is what brought the fire and sulfur from heaven upon Sodom and Gomorrah, when sexual perversion was practiced. It is what brought about the great flood of Noah's time. One could go on and on, but suffice it to say, Pope Francis is heavily entrenched with the globalists and population control groups. He uses the poor as a cover for his intentions, as the Freemason's use their children's hospitals as their cover.

fallen saint, Blizzard and Tanker like this.
  14. Harper

Harper New Member

No papal statements made during a press conference on an airplane are formally binding on Catholics. Thank God for that and hit the ignore button.

gracia and Don_D like this.
  15. sunburst

sunburst Archangels

I hope you do,...
    I am curious as to where Mark Mallett stands as far as Pope Francis is concerned. When I see how MM quotes the Pope sometimes:confused:

16. Tanker

Tanker Principalities

Yes, yes, and yes again.

So called climate change will not be helped by another tax or law. I bet if the world eliminated or at least outlawed abortion, we would see our Earth healed. Abortion has to be the worst scourge on mankind. And then there is all the rest of the immorality we are entrenched in.

gracia, Don_D, fallen saint and 3 others like this.
  17. Malachi

Malachi Principalities

Here is some content fromour correspondence for what it's worth. I have only included a section from our exchange written by me as Mark's responses were not made publically but privately to me. The context was the synodal meetings before the publishing of the satanic verses:D.

Dear Mark,

I read the statement (for context sake here I am referring to the Pope's summation of deliberations pointing out the errors of the right and left the rigorist and the laxist etc). However, one must assess its content in light of the events that preceded it. Namely, the failure to manipulate the synodal proceedings to a greater degree. Though it must be said that most of the damage was done with the publishing of the interim report. You will observe too that the Pope did not directly address the two central issues that led to the widespread confusion and distress amongst faithful catholics. Regarding JP II even those who greatly admired the man, myself included (I wrote my masters thesis on his moral thought), admit that his governance of the church was deplorable. He made what can only be called disastrous appointments and many of those men he made bishops etc are directly responsible for much of the mayhem that exists today. This was somewhat corrected by Pope Benedict whom I also have a great love and respect for. Pope Francis has allowed a fog of confusion and unrest to settle on the minds and hearts of the faithful and has not spoken clearly or directly enough to disperse these mists of uncertainty, which begs the question of his responsibility for the present mess. In times past men like Baldisseri and Forte would have been severely upbraided for their infidelity. One may even go so far as to ask are these men even catholic? I have met too many clerics and theologians of this ilk; I have lost jobs and reputation because men like that are allowed to continue to occupy places of power and influence while faithful catholics who speak the truth with clarity and in all charity are tossed in the dung heap. The only catholics who will suffer due to Francis' seeming refusal to make clear what he thinks are those faithful to the teachings of the Church and to the Chair of Peter.

I will continue to prayerfully discern these perturbations that have put me on guard while all the while receiving your words with careful consideration. I pray that you are right about the direction of current events and the course that Francis is steering; but I know I am not alone in being somewhat dismayed and exasperated with this Pope's governance thus far.

God bless (and again apologies for the length of these replies I know you are up to your eyes)

On Oct 20, 2014, at 12:24 PM,

This was 3 years ago and things have only gotten worse. Where did the time go...

Blizzard, gracia and sunburst like this.
  18. AED

AED Powers

Yes Malachi...where did the time go. Just when you think it can't get any worse then it does. I have stopped watching the news secular or Church. Now I pray and try to read God's news. We are deep in it now and I think it will get a whole lot worse before it gets better.

Malachi, gracia and sunburst like this.
  19. picadillo

picadillo Powers

The saddest thing in all this is not only do we have a pope who is not against contraception but he is also not even pro-life. I say this because if you believe in the crap he does the single greatest cause of climate change is people, so "stop breeding like rabbits" or having kids. That is the sin of PF and his cronies. He is just getting going. Pathetic does not even describe him.

gracia likes this.
  20. Denise P

Denise P Principalities

I have a Papal Blessing from Pope Francis that I got when he first became pope and hung in a prominent place in my home but I just took it down and put him in time out.

gracia and Sunnyveil like this.