Pope Francis Allows Contraception for Zika Virus?

Discussion in 'Pope Francis' started by Fatima, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Dolours

Dolours Guest

I'm afraid, Fatima, that it isn't just you. I, too, have seen the reign of 7 popes and have never been so confused. I hear the same confusion voiced by others who in the past would never have questioned a statement made by the Pope. I'm not so worried about his words being his legacy. I am very concerned that he is heaping trouble on the shoulders of faithful bishops and priests who will find it even harder to preach what the Church has always held to be true.

Despite all the confusion, I still cling to the belief that Pope Francis means well and that he is trying to portray a softer image of the Church in a world that so often casts the Church in the role of an unfeeling monster that forces people into poverty by threatening them with eternal damnation. It worries me that the Pope is being influenced by people who would attempt to change Church teaching to make life easier for themselves.

I get the impression that Cardinal Kasper has far too much influence on the Pope. One reporter on the plane asked the Pope about some award he has agreed to accept. His response was that he doesn't like awards but agreed to receive this one from some European organisation that had chosen Cardinal Kasper to persuade him. Maybe we should add some extra prayers for the Cardinal.

2. Fatima

Fatima Powers

All true Dolorus. I know the Churches teachings in the area of faith and morals, so I am not worried about my own direction. My concern is that the 90% that do not, or at least do not know it well enough, will take the newspaper headlines and use these to justify moral or doctrinal behavior, which do not line up with unchanging doctrine. This does not make him a heretic, like at least one person on this thread thinks, or even a bad pope, but it does make him cause others who may need clarity to continue in their dissent. It also gives, like you say, clergy an out to what they themselves have dissented from. Pray, pray, pray.

PotatoSack likes this.
  3. BrianK

BrianK Guest

The pope has said, in so many words, "It's okay to do intrinsic evil (use contraceptives, including the pill, which is abortifacient) to prevent the conception of undesirables (microcephaly from Zika, which is basically eugenics).

If you can't see the heresy in this, you're blind.

4. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

If one is going to point fingers on matters of life, Richard needs to rethink his support of trump for supporting the nations leading abortion organization, planned parenthood. To keep hammering Rubio on the contraception issue while defending trump on PP is laughable...if it weren't so pathetic.

5. BrianK

BrianK Guest

This is bigger than folks realize or are willing to admit.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...ack-popes-remarks-zika-contraception-37073968

"Despite their staunch opposition to contraceptives, Philippine Roman Catholic bishops expressed their full support Saturday to Pope Francis' remarks suggesting artificial contraception can be used by women threatened by the Zika virus."

An entire bishops' conference embracing this heresy?

All from one non-magisterial interview on an airplane, and it's already gone viral.

Wonder why?

6. Mario

Mario Powers

Brian,

I'm with you on this. Flabbergasted! :eek:

Come Holy Spirit, Giver of Wisdom. Bring clarity to your Church.

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

sunburst, Jeanne, MarysChild and 3 others like this.
  7. BrianK

BrianK Guest

Yep. And remember that post synodal apostolic exhortation due out in March? I suspect the controversies this week over contraception were simply a trial balloon for that document.

8. Dolours

Dolours Guest

I don't think so Brian. At the same press conference, he said that the divorced and remarried can be involved in the parish but cannot receive Communion. At least that's how I understood his statement, although he did couch it in much the same confusing language that he used to the Lutheran woman. He's rather fond of the word "conversion".

9. Richard67

Richard67 Powers

Rubio should be held to a higher standard since he claims to be a Catholic. Rubio's stance on contraception is that he "personally" opposes it but when it comes to our nations laws, he's not going to rock the boat. Sounds a lot like those pro-choicers who are "personally" opposed to abortion but since it's the law of the land they aren't gonna rock the boat. Sorry, Beth, I ain't givin Rubio a free pass, especially since he claims to be a Catholic. Rubio also supports the illegitimate Kiev Junta - a government that came to power thru violence with neo-nazi support. Rubio wants to continue pushing the lie that Putin is our enemy and Rubio wants to actually INCREASE arms and other forms of support to the Kiev Junta in order to further escalate the situation at Russia's border. Sorry, Beth, but until Rubio stops lying and warmongering with regard to Ukraine as well as Syria, where Rubio fully supports the violent removal of the legitimate President of Syria, I will continue to oppose him and expose him for the fraud that he is.

As for Trump and Planned Parenthood, you continue to willfully ignore Trump's own words. In another thread I cited a recent interview http://www.lifenews.com/2016/02/18/...ll-sign-a-bill-to-de-fund-planned-parenthood/ of Trump where he explicitly says that if a bill defunding Planned Parenthood came to his desk as President he would sign it. He is on the record stating that although he believes Planned Parenthood does some good things with regard to cervical cancer, breast cancer, etc., Trump says that until they stop doing abortions, he will sign a bill to defund them. Quit spreading false information about what Trump has said, Beth.

10. Richard67

Richard67 Powers

We've officially entered the twilight zone.

11. BrianK

BrianK Guest

I hope and pray you're right.

12. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Save it Richard...your support of Trump will comeback to haunt you.
    Not one was excusing Rubio on the birth control. To even try to compare it to trump is outrageous. You're just trying to justify your support of trump and it won't fly. He is totally immoral, you know it, and you're trying to justify yourself. Good luck with that.

If you want to believe that he'll defund PP, go right ahead, because we do not. They won't stop killing babies...even now, technically they say the money isn't going for abortions, but it is supporting the organization that is killing the babies. If trump justifies giving this gang one dime to keep its doors open , then it is helping kill babies. News services across the board are baffled by his rhetoric..it's intentional! If there is any doubt, you do not risk these babies lives to a guy that has a history of lying and cheating...period !

Need proof he can't be trusted...Ask his two previous wives. A lot more where that came from. His life is nothing but a blueprint of breaking vows, and you chastise me for not taking his word? It's laughable ...totally rediculous to trust this character. Flip flop Don...no thank you!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  13. Richard67

Richard67 Powers

Trump totally immoral? No. What's totally immoral is playing God and claiming that Trump is totally immoral, and then intentionally misrepresenting his STATED position on Planned Parenthood. What' even worse is that if your strategy prevails, Beth, we'll have Hillary in the White House. I'm praying for you Beth.

Beth B likes this.
  14. BrianK

BrianK Guest

This is an important subject but this particular thread probably isn't the right place for it.

Heidi likes this.
  15. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Youre making judgements ....but oh, so offended by mine! Not playing God. Not judging souls...just behavior...
    Save your prayers for the unborn!

End this on this thread...go back to election thread ...if you must.

16. Richard67

Richard67 Powers

I'll certainly take it back to the election thread where it belongs. I didn't bring it to this thread in the first place.:oops:

17. padraig

padraig Powers

Again it is totally unaccceptable on a Catholic forum , Brian, to term the Holy Father a , 'Heretic'. Please don't do this again, even by implication. It is more than a step too far.

Wild West Saloon is fine, but this goes way too far.

miker and FatimaPilgrim like this.
  18. padraig

padraig Powers

What confusing and very,very difficult times we are in !! How sad this all makes me. Our Lady must be crying her heart out.

I can see the chickens of the Fatima prophecy (and Akita) are coming right home to roost.

'At Garabandal on June 18, 1965, St. Michael the Archangel appeared and delivered a message from Our Lady, “Because the message of October 18, hasn’t been fulfilled, and the world doesn’t know about it, I tell you that this is the last one. I said before the cup was filling up. Now it is overflowing. Many priests, bishops, cardinals are on the road to perdition and are taking many souls with them. Each day we give the Eucharist less and less importance. We should use all our efforts to avoid God’s wrath. If you ask sincerely for pardon, He will forgive you. Your Mother, through the mediation of Saint Michael, the angel, asks you to correct your ways. You are now receiving the last warnings. Think of the passion of Jesus.”'

'Akita, Japan
    At Akita on October 13, 1973 regarding the Apostasy we were told: “Each day recite the prayers of the Rosary. With the Rosary pray for the bishops and priests. The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church. One will see cardinals opposing cardinals … and bishops confronting other bishops. The priests who venerate me will be scorned and condemned by their confreres; churches and altars will be sacked; the Church will be full of those who accept compromises and the demon will tempt many priests and religious to leave the service of the Lord … I alone am able still to help save you from the calamities which approach. Those who place their total confidence in me will be given necessary help.”'

Pedro Regis
    Pedro Regis, Angüera, Brazil received on May 9, 1995 message 951 (in Venice)

“Dear Sons and Daughters, I invite you to pray for the conversion of sinners and lovingly live the messages I have already transmitted to you! And pray in a special way for My first beloved son, Pope John Paul II! Know, all of you, that the Church of my Son will pass through a crisis such as has never been seen. Cardinals and bishops will turn against the Pope, many will lose the faith, but as I have said, hear the voice of him who is truly the successor to the chair of Peter. The Pope is betrayed by his closest collaborators. There are few who have the courage of Peter, but many who have the courage of Judas. Pray! I repeat, Pray! The decisive time is coming. Those who are with the Lord will come out the better. All this must happen, but in the end the Lord will conquer. Courage! You are not alone. My Son goes with you. This is the message that I transmit to you in the name of The Most Holy Trinity. Thank you for permitting me to reunite you here once more. I bless you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen. Be at peace.”

http://www.sign.org/articles/cardinals-will-oppose-cardinals

View attachment 4397

FatimaPilgrim and MMarie like this.
  19. MMarie

MMarie Guest

Thank you , Padraig, for getting the cowboy's lasso out!

20. padraig

padraig Powers

It can be fun and interesting Marie. So long as we try to stay kind to each other.

miker and FatimaPilgrim like this.