Pope confirms: Cardinal Bertone the "Fatima Oracle"

Discussion in 'Mother of God' started by mothersuperior7, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Pope Confirms: Cardinal Bertone the “Fatima Oracle”
    Under Investigation for Embezzlement

by Christopher A. Ferrara
    May 28, 2014

For years now, the proponents of the neo-Catholic “Message of Fatima,” which reduces Our Lady’s prophecy and warnings to the Church to a generic call to prayer and penance, have relied upon the representations of Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone about what Sister Lucia allegedly said to him in private unrecorded interviews.

According to Bertone, among other patently incredible representations, Sister Lucia “confessed” that Our Lady never linked the Third Secret of Fatima to the year 1960, even though the two envelopes pertaining to the Secret bear Sister Lucia’s handwritten notation of the “express order of Our Lady” that the Secret was not to be revealed until 1960. The same Bertone assured us that Sister Lucia “confirmed” the 1984 ceremony consecrating the world to Mary was “accepted by heaven” as the requested Consecration of Russia. Of course, Sister Lucia was never permitted to address these issues in public, lest she say something the Vatican apparatus did not wish us to hear.

Then there was Bertone’s “interpretation” of the Third Secret, which he inherited from his predecessor Cardinal Sodano — the same Sodano who was instrumental in covering up for decades the immense scandal involving Father Marcial Maciel Degollado — that the Secret “belongs to the past” and depicts at its culmination nothing more than the failed attempt on the life of John Paul II in 1981. Nonsense, of course.

Now, according to the neo-Catholic Party Line on Fatima, Bertone, along with Sodano, are the “Fatima oracles” we should consult for the true meaning of the Message of Fatima in general and the Third Secret in particular. As they would have it, “the Church has spoken” because Sodano and Bertone have spoken. Really? I don’t think so.

Bertone was no more trustworthy than his predecessor in the matter, and neither had the least competence to bind the Church to his “interpretation” of the most important of all Marian apparitions. And now what do we find but that Pope Francis, during a press conference on the flight home from Jerusalem, has “confirmed rumors swirling around Rome that the Holy See’s former secretary of state, Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, is indeed being investigated for a discrepancy of around 20 million (€15 million) that somehow made it from the Vatican Bank (known as the Institute for the Works of Religion) to a private television company called Lux Vide,” which is operated by one of Bertone’s (i.e., “the Fatima oracle’s”) friends.

At the same time, news reports abound about the sumptuous Vatican apartment Bertone is renovating for himself at the cost of the faithful, as to which he quibbles about the exact square footage and huffs that others will be able to luxuriate therein after he is dead.

How ironic, but how utterly appropriate: the two Vatican prelates whose claims respecting the Message of Fatima formed the very basis of the neo-Catholic Party Line that “Fatima is finished” because “the Church has spoken,” are both neck-deep in massive scandals evincing their utter lack of credibility. Yet these are the men on whom the neo-Catholic spokesmen for Fatima revisionism would have the Church and the world rely for the meaning of the apocalyptic vision in that part of the Third Secret we have been allowed to see.

Meanwhile, thanks to the connivance of both of these manifestly untrustworthy Vatican bureaucrats, Our Lady’s explanation of the vision remains well hidden in the Vatican. As the post-conciliar ecclesial crisis She no doubt predicted reaches a new level of intensity, may God help us all.

BrianK and Mac like this.
  2. Fatima

Fatima Powers

One has to wonder if Pope Francis was on to Bertone from the beginning since his high office was one of the very first he replaced. A very powerful Cardinal indeed and one also has to wonder if Bertone was one of the powerful insiders that Pope Benedict said, "my authority stops right here at this door", meaning his desires were not being carried out by his various office heads. Her surely lacks credibility with his Fatima interview comments coming from Lucia herself.

Mac and mothersuperior7 like this.
  3. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

I don't buy these theories about the third secret being suppressed but then I am not one for conspiracy theorising. The writer of the above article has written a book about EWTN, in which he claims Mother Angelica was 'removed' by a powerful clique who have set about liberalising the channel. Do we really believe that?

Pope Benedict trusted Bertone implicitly - he refused to replace him even when pressed to do so. The two had worked together at the CDF for many years. Of course if it is true that Bertone has been on the take, it's very disappointing. It does not however invalidate everything he's ever done and it does not mean he (and this includes John Paul II and Benedict XVI) lied about Fatima.

The message of Fatima continues to be relevant to our age.

4. archangel michael

archangel michael Archangels

I was always suspicious of Sodano and even more so with regard to Bertone. Red flags were raised in my head when Bertone said Lucy didn't want confession. Both these 2 were the sec of state. The 2nd most powerful position in the Vatican.

What do they say about power?

Power corrupts, and Absolute power corrupts Absolutely.

You have to remember there were 4 major players in releasing the 3rd secert in 2000.

Sodano, Bertone, Pre pope Benadict, and an infirm Pope John Paul.

Lets look at Sodano and Bertone now.... under investigation and Pope Benadict resgning. All 3 were front and center with the release of the "secert" in 2000. I didn't believe the entire secert was released in 2000 and I believe it even less now. I feel they were all blackmailed somehow, and had to choose the lesser of 2 evils.

I do believe in Pope Francis and hope for the day when it will be revealed in its entirety.

5. picadillo

picadillo Guest

After being involverd in the pedophile scandals in the 1990's. Witnessing the involvement of the highest ranking churchman in the United States personally, getting no help from JP2 the great (except his sacking of Archbishop Hunthausen) I have to believe you are spot on about the "blackmailing." I have always believed that Stan owned that Sec of State position.

6. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Clare, I too believed as you say, until I read multiple articles from Fatima experts on www.fatimacursader.com web site and watched serveral youtube video's from the recent Fatima: The Path to Peace Conference (which can all be seen on the aforementioned web site). In keeping an open mind in reading and watching videos on the 3rd secret of Fatima, I became convinced we Catholics had been deceived by some of the highest authorities in the Church for a decades. For nearly 30 years I have bought the line from sources like Father Rober Fox (Fatima Family Apostolate and Blue Army Magazine) and EWTN who also bought the line told by Cardinal Bertone and I come to realize I was dupped big time. I will not convince anyone by what I am saying here, but if you have an open mind, as I did, and research this information for your self, as I did, you will most likely come to the same conclusion that I did.

Mac and mothersuperior7 like this.
  7. Indy

Indy Praying

I got this from a document published by the World Apostolate of Fatima. Linked form this website: http://fatima.ie/
    In the 2014 Summer Newsletter.

They seem to think we have been given the third secret.

8. Then Pope Benedict XVI, when he was Cardinal Ratzinger said the message of Akita is the same as Fatima

Do you know where I can find this quote?

"Howard Dee, former Philippine ambassador to the Vatican, said in a 1998 interview with Inside the Vatican magazine: "Bishop Ito [the local bishop, now deceased] was certain Akita was an extension of Fatima, and Cardinal Ratzinger personally confirmed to me that these two messages, of Fatima and Akita, are essentially the same."

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/features/index.cfm?id=20583

9. http://www.fatimaperspectives.com/gn/perspective604.asp

Pope Benedict "Reopens the File"
    on the Third Secret of Fatima

by Christopher A. Ferrara
    May 24, 2010

Within days after the Fatima Challenge conference (someone at the Vatican was indeed watching, as the conference website monitoring data indicate) none other than Pope Benedict XVI clearly, calmly, and deliberately reopened the entire Third Secret controversy. He did so by demolishing the Sodano/Bertone "interpretation" of the vision of the "Bishop dressed in White" as involving nothing more than 20th century events, including the 1981 assassination attempt, which "belong to the past." A few points are in order:

First of all, during the Pope's flight to Portugal to make his just completed papal visit to the Fatima Shrine, papal spokesman Fr. Federico Lombardi read to His Holiness three questions that represented a "synthesis" of the questions to which the press pool sought answers. It is critical to note that questions for the plane trip are submitted several days in advance, so that the Pope has ample time to consider his remarks, and in fact chooses the questions he will answer. Thus, the Pope went out of his way to bring up the Third Secret of Fatima, ten years after the subject was supposedly laid to rest by Sodano/Bertone. Here is the question and the pertinent portions of the Pope's explosive answer:

Lombardi: Holiness, what significance do the apparitions of Fatima have for us today? And when you presented the text of the Third Secret, in the Vatican Press Office, in June 2000, it was asked of you whether the Message could be extended, beyond the attack on John Paul II, also to the other sufferings of the Pope. Is it possible, according to you, to frame also in that vision the sufferings of the Church of today for the sins of the sexual abuse of minors?
    Pope Benedict: Beyond this great vision of the suffering of the Pope, which we can in substance refer to John Paul II, are indicated future realities of the Church which are little by little developing and revealing themselves. Thus it is true that beyond the moment indicated in the vision, one speaks, one sees, the necessity of a passion of the Church that naturally is reflected in the person of the Pope; but the Pope is in the Church, and therefore the sufferings of the Church are announced…. As for the novelty that we can discover today in this message, it is that attacks on the Pope and the Church do not come only from outside, but the sufferings of the Church come precisely from within the Church, from sins that exist in the Church. This has always been known, but today we see it in a really terrifying way: that the greatest persecution of the Church does not come from enemies outside, but arises from sin in the Church.
    Secondly, in his homily at the Mass to commemorate the anniversary of the first Fatima apparition on May 13, the Pope declared: "One would be deceived who thinks that the prophetic mission of Fatima is concluded." ("Si illuderebbe chi pensasse che la missione profetica di Fatima sia conclusa.") I suppose it is typical of Vatican bureaucratic maneuvering that the English translation of the homily neuters the Pope's words to read: "We would be mistaken to think that the prophetic mission of Fatima is concluded." No, the Pope said that one who thinks this would be deceived, not merely "mistaken," and he referred to particular individuals, not "we" in general.

So much for the Sodano/Bertone "interpretation" of the vision as belonging "to the past." It now joins other pseudo-official pronouncements in the discard bin of the post-Vatican II era in the Church. The Pope has completely repudiated his own adherence to the "party line" dictated by the Secretary of State, which he followed as the former Cardinal Ratzinger, whose theological commentary on the vision declared that "we must affirm with Cardinal Sodano: '... the events to which the third part of the 'secret' of Fatima … belong to the past."

Thirdly, the vision of the "Bishop dressed in White" does not in any way depict activities by internal enemies of the Church who are sinners. Quite the contrary, it depicts the execution of a future Pope and members of the hierarchy who are martyrs, not sinners, by clearly external enemies in the form of a band of soldiers. Hence the Pope has to be referring to something that goes beyond the text of the vision standing alone.

Indeed, only one thing could harmonize the vision, with its depiction of external persecution, with an internal subversion/persecution of the Church: a text in which the Virgin explains how a crisis within the Church leads to a chastisement of the Pope and the Church as seen in the vision, accompanied by a chastisement of the whole world, as the half-ruined city filled with bodies would indicate. Here I note that at the Fatima Challenge conference the Vaticanist Giuseppe De Carli, a collaborator with Cardinal Bertone in the now-discredited "official version," referred to the bodies seen in the vision as carbonizzati — charred! Where did he acquire that alarming detail?

Rejoicing in this victory for the truth, Antonio Socci writes that the Pope "is engaged in a great Operation Truth on Fatima, at the cost of contradicting the version of the Secretaries of State." Socci relates Benedict's declarations to the letter from Lucia presented by the Vatican itself back in 2000, in which the seer states that we "have not yet seen the final consummation of this prophecy" and that "we are walking toward it, little by little, with large steps." Noting that the Secretary of State has simply ignored the import of that warning while pretending that the Secret "belongs to the past," Socci calls this "only one of so many anomalies in this fifty-year-old story that, unfortunately, is filled with lies and silences, twisted interpretations and omissions (as I have shown in my book)."

Socci is right to say that the Pope has "reopened the file in a way so precise and dramatic that those who in recent years have paid homage to the Curial version find themselves in a panic…" Moreover, he continues, "the Pope knows more than us and holds that this [pedophilia] scandal is only the tip of the iceberg in the Church… and he is thinking of the great sin of apostasy in the Church." The Pope, he concludes, "perhaps cannot say it explicitly, but is trying to prepare the Church for this immense trial… entrusting everyone to the hands of the Madonna of Fatima. These are extraordinary hours."

Indeed they are. But then, what else could one expect, given that the Message of Fatima in general and the Third Secret in particular were consigned to the Church by the Mother of God on the authority of Her divine Son? Given its divine origin, the prophetic mission of Fatima — which continues, as our Pope declares — will be accomplished, no matter what plans mere men may have to the contrary.​

Miriam and Fatima like this.
  10. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

It is a massive step for many to accept the Hierarchy would mislead. And understandably so.But there we have it.Of the few words that can be attributed to Sr Lucy ,those most remembered by myself 'Diabolical disorientation'

11. Fatima

Fatima Powers

And for the Hierarchy to mislead, one would have to conclude that it is because the message woud be so horrific that one could not speak of it. We know this is true, as many other approved propechies, such as La Sallette, Akita, Kiheho speak of this horrible suffering coming. I can only conclude that the 3rd secret of Fatima is all the three afrorementioned and much much worse.

12. carpediemptf

carpediemptf BeStillandPray

Very well put Clare! I too was skeptical of what appeared to be a conspiratorial view of the 3rd secret being suppressed, but after reading a significant amount of material and documented evidence (and watching those same videos - here is one that gives a good short understanding of this view:

)

my views were swayed in the other direction to strongly believe that the main most important part of the 3rd secret has not been given.

What we can not deduce from this view/belief that the secret has not fully been revealed, is that the individual motives of the players involved as to why they have withheld the secret (e.g. when St. John Paul the Great spoke about the reasons why he said the 3rd secret not being revealed to a German audience) have evil intentions (though some may). We have to be very careful of what goes on in our own mind/will towards "judging" each of these players involved past and present and make sure we are spending our time praying for their souls rather than have uncharitable views of them. We know from Akita, Garabandal and other private revelation that there are definitely Priests, Bishops, and Cardinals that are on the wrong side of God's will for the Church and some of which are even trying to destroy the Church and are under the direct influence of the Devil, but we should not put our focus on bad feelings toward these people, but rather put our focus on prayer and penance.

What we have to remember is that ultimately God is working through this whole process and that what matters most is that each of us personally live out the message of Fatima (= do penance and pray [in particular the Rosary] and wear the brown scapular) and in particular praying for the Holy Father to have his blindness removed and be moved by the Holy Spirit to consecration of Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary despite all the reasons that might currently keeping him from being obedient to our Blessed Mother to accomplish this. We have to remember that our prayers have effect and likewise that our lack of prayers also have consequences within the Church. We are also responsible for this continued delay of the consecration because each one of us is part of the body of Christ. If we don't stay in a constant vigilant state of prayer and penance, then we are no different than those who are not fulfilling Our Blessed Mother's request and we personally have culpability regarding the further delay of the consecration. Remember that the city of Ninivah in the Old Testament was only spared of being destroyed by the Wrath of God because every one of it's citizens and it's King put on sackcloth and poured ashes upon themselves and begged God for forgiveness. We must be like those citizens of Ninivah and do so without delay! PRAY PRAY PRAY, FAST, AND DO PENANCE so that souls may be saved!

13. kathy k

kathy k Guest

We are at war, and heading for the thick of the battle. Our weapon is the rosary. It is not possible to give our Blessed Mother too many of them.

I challenge us all, including myself, to spend time in silence in the presence of the Lord, every day, and whatever our usual custom of praying the rosary, double those efforts.

Ecclesiasticus 2, Mac, Jeanne and 3 others like this.
  14. Fatima

Fatima Powers

carpediemptf..... you are spot on. The receipe from heaven for our times is very simple as you say: repent, get to confession often, pray the rosary daily, wear the brown scapular, do penance, attend Mass as often as possible, make frequent visits to the Blessed Sacrament for Eucharistic adoration and enter into the Divine Will. As basic and simple as this is, nearly everyone I know, including those in my own family, will not do some or most of them. Now either they do not believe as I do or understand as I do how important and urgent these these requests are, or like many priests, bishops and cardinals they are simply unconcerned with what heaven is saying. The world is in a hurt and yes, it is a diaboloical disorientation for sure.

15. Indy

Indy Praying

I'm sorry to drag this up again but something I recently read from Jimmy Akin get me thinking about the third secret. To be clear, I always believed Russia was not properly consecrated, I always felt the third secret was never properly released and I never thought and still don't that Fatima should be consigned to the past, absolutely not. I also don't trust Betrone.

Here is what Jimmy Akin wrote.
    Then he gives this link form vatican.va which has the secret.

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/c...on_cfaith_doc_20000626_message-fatima_en.html

I would like if we on this forum could reach unity on the third secret, the more things we all agree on the less division we will have and the more effective we will be as a force for good. How do we all reach common ground on this one?? Maybe we need a new thread.

Was all the third secret correctly revealed?

Was a correct interpretation of the third secret given?

Was Pope JP2 the Bishop in White in the third secret?

Again I just want us to discern and agree on a few more things like this.

-Indy

16. Scolaire Bocht

Scolaire Bocht Archangels

I think it's obvious that it hasn't all been revealed but I'm with carpediem in that we shouldn't be too judgemental here, who knows what pressures the Pope's have been under on this ...

17. archangel michael

archangel michael Archangels

18. Indy

Indy Praying