1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Pope Benedict No Longer Can Say Mass Alone

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by garabandal, Oct 12, 2017.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Egyptian bishop Kyrillos William Samaan launched the alarm by talking to a famous Catholic magazine in Switzerland. “Benedict XVI is very weakened, he is ill. He can no longer say Mass alone, “said the bishop who had the opportunity to meet him at the beginning of September. It was Ratzinger who invited him to know how the inner affairs of the Egyptian Church and the situation on the persecution of Christians are concerned.

At the same time, however, he wanted to point out that the Pope emerged with his head still very shiny and his problem is purely physical: “He knows everything and has asked me to tell him the situation in Egypt, including our relations with pope Tawadros II, patriarch of Orthodox Coptic Church, with Al-Azhar University and Muslim Brotherhood. “

http://lafedecattolicacristiana.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/preghiamo-per-papa-benedetto-xvi-sta.html?m=1

Mary's child and sunburst like this.
  2. gracia

gracia Angels

Father, have mercy on Pope Benedict the XVIth.

Anthonys Truth., AED, sterph and 3 others like this.
  3. Yes indeed.
    A very very fine mind.
    But he still lives.
    There are actions he needs to take if he can.

His pontificate was marred by an egregious failure to discipline properly heretical theologians most notably Hans Kung and Walter Kasper.

The damage these men have done to the Catholic Church is very very grave.
    It was Walter Kaspers thesis that has led to all the problems with Amoris Laetitiae.
    Benedict himself prior to being Pope allegedly supported these errors but then changed his mind.

Therefore it is not acceptable for any pope to bow before heretical theologians.
    We had the ghastly spectacle of Pope Francis doing exactly that in a u tube clip where he bowed deferentially to Kasper as though Kasper was his guru.
    False theology underpins many of the problems in today's Catholic Church .

Benedict can still exert much influence and should speak out.

4. Booklady

Booklady Archangels

Perhaps Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, does not perceive the situation the way you see perceive it, Anthony. Perhaps he is doing what the Holy Spirit and Our Lady have asked him to do? And perhaps in so doing he is doing what he must; prayer, fasting and contemplation. One must remember that Our Lord is in Control, and He's already won.

May our Lord bless you, and give you strength in these troubling times.

Carol55, maryn, gracia and 1 other person like this.
  5. Thank you for those prayers.
    I certainly need them.
    I shall also pray for your intentions.

Prayer, fasting and contemplation are fine in their own way.
    When troubles loom they are not enough.
    Action is required.

When serious errors occur in the Catholic Church then there is a duty to act and that action usually consists of speaking /writing about the problems.

Pope Benedict is in a unique position to do this yet remains silent.
    I'm confident many other ordained churchmen are aware of the cleavage now threatening the Catholic Church yet most of them remain silent.
    I can only put it down to an erroneous interpretation of their clerical vow of obedience.

Anyway Christ, not the pope, is head of the church , so we shall see what happens.

6. sponsa Christi

sponsa Christi Sponsa Christi Catholic with Baptism of desire

praying

Dolours, Booklady and Carol55 like this.