1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Please recommend: tablet with keyboard to do office work

Discussion in 'PC Help.' started by Carmel333, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Carmel333

Carmel333 Archangels

Hi, I know some of you on here are computer experts and would love your input. I just found out a bone tumor in my ankle grew back (yes I've already had 3 surgeries in the last year on this!) but anyway, I am a bookkeeper and will be allowed to take work home if I need to. My home laptop died and I have been using a small Kindle fire at home which works very well for me personally but cannot do work on. Anyway, I use Excel and QuickBooks Pro for work, and I would like to be able to buy a tablet that I can download those programs and use a scan drive to bring work back and forth. I would also like printing capacity from the tablet an it needs a keyboard. Does anyone do work on a tablet or recommend any? I would like to stay under $500 if possible. Thanks a bunch!!

2. ipad would be my choice... regarding your dead laptop would a repair not be the best financial solution ??

Carmel333 likes this.
  3. js1975

js1975 New Member

Carmel333,

Sorry to hear about your health problems. I will keep you in my prayers.

Regarding a device to work from, considering your budget, any reason not to use a lower end laptop? If you really want a tablet, you could go with a Windows Surface (Windows based) or an ipad with a bluetooth keyboard (Not sure if quickbooks pro is supported). If you would consider a laptop, you could consider this model (It has a touch screen, but because I have never used or worked on one of these, I cannot vouche for it).

Good luck!!
    -Jay

Carmel333 likes this.
  4. Carmel333

Carmel333 Archangels

Thanks guys! I did have my laptop repaired but it is now EXTREMELY slow! Typing you can type about one word and then have to wait about 4 minutes before the curser is ready for another. It has Vista and really was hardly used before it got a virus. The computer guy (who is really smart and does all of our work computers and networks) basically cleaned everything out and it is empty except for Vista. Not sure why it is so slow, I've loaded Java and Adobe to see if that would help. The cost of buying Word Office programs and adding more repairs would probably be more than something new. I'll probably get a laptop again but just wanted something smaller to transport easily on crutches. I put a call in to our CPA to see if he recommends anything also.

5. Bernadette

Bernadette Principalities

Check out Dell. http://www.dell.com/us/p/deals#!dlpgid=popular-laptop-deals

I just glanced at their Black Friday deals and all of the laptops were under $500. I'm not sure if that's what you need but when I had to replace the office computers our computer guys recommended just ordering directly from them which we did and have not had any problems.

God Bless!

Carmel333 likes this.
  6. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus Archangels

Carmel - you really must have a thing for redemptive suffering. ;)I will keep you in my prayers.

My daughter got one of those Microsoft Surface tablets with a detachable keyboard for school. Loathe though i am to support Bill Gates, i have to admit that it has great functionality and might be the biz for you.

may the good Lord heal you and save you.

Carmel333 likes this.