1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Please Please Help

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by "Quis ut Deus", Nov 12, 2015.

1. I am going to start this post with a quote from St Francis.

‘Let us begin, brothers, to serve the Lord God, for up to now we have done little or nothing,

For me the above quote screams to my heart,

I have recently been working with the refugee crisis team for down and connor and although it has been a little constructive it doe's not address the urgency that is unfolding before us, when I was young I loved being told the story of the little girl throwing star fish back into the sea, when she was told that it was pointless because there were to many her reply was simple, IF I CAN SAVE JUST ONE.

How ironic that in this present time I have become that little girl but more important each one of us can also be her..

My recent quest see's me working closely with a fellow Belfast man (Joby Fox) his story is below, I come here to ask all of the members on the Mother of God forum to do their utmost in helping Joby in whatever way they can Pray,Donate,Volunteer or share Joby's facebook page with as many people as you can.

as the opening quote say's LET US BEGIN...

Joby's story http://www.refugeerescue.co.uk/contact/

Beth B, Mario, DeGaulle and 3 others like this.
  2. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

We must strive to "Save Just One" and use that concept always and especially "These Days". One Day, One Step, One Act of Mercy, One Smile....................... To only think of the "Totality of It All" would discourage the most sainted among us!
    It is a pleasant-n-comforting thought that we are United in Faith & Prayer with ALL the other Christians and God seekers on Earth ... and in Heaven!!!

Heartlight Daily Verse - 12 November

Colossians 1:9
    Since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.
    Thoughts on today's verse:
    In a world where we can feel so isolated and alone at times, it is so important for us to know that someone is praying for us and for our spiritual needs. As I think of the thousands who are a part of the Today's Verse ministry, I cannot help but pray that each of them, that you, are blessed by knowing that you share a spiritual journey with people all over the world, and that today, we will praying for each other. And of course there can be no better prayer than the one that Paul prayed for the Colossian friends he had never met -- "I ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding." Let's pray that for each other today.
    Prayer:
    Oh precious and divine Father, today I pray for the other believers who come before you and seek to live for you. I pray especially for those who share the Today's Verse journey with me. Even though we live all over the world and have all sorts of needs, we all know that our deepest need is to know and live your will and to be confident that we are known and loved by you. Please fill all of us with the knowledge of your will through Spirit-led wisdom and understanding. We want to know you, honor you, serve you, and ultimately see you face-to-face. Through our older brother Jesus, we pray. Amen.
    Visit heartlight.org for more

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

3. padraig

padraig New Member

Prayers and though I am a tight wad , money. Some people are just wonderful giving off themselves like this

"Quis ut Deus" likes this.
  4. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Excuse me if I am completely wrong-headed, but is there not a risk that strategically misdirected aid, and I couldn't include such direct coal-face assistance as this in that category-hence my little contribution, can be counterproductive? By that, I mean any activity or assistance at the desired destination that encourages the taking of outlandish risk in order to reach it. Would not assistance directed at the stage one refugee camps, which mostly appear to be in Turkey, be less conducive of reckless behaviour?

This is not to mention the enormous calamities threatened by this uncontrolled migration, most of whom are described by the UN as non-genuine 'refugees'. Already, in the last few days, the Swedish foreign minister has pronounced her country's economy "near collapse" due to the overwhelming and sudden entrance of a huge quantity of new migrants upon a state whose welfare system was already under strain due to years of immigration, the majority of whom live their lives totally on welfare. There is the appalling vista of countries requiring bailouts to cope with refugees thrown on top of an ECB to the pin of its collar with current debtor nations. If the house of cards finally caves in the prospects for many natives and migrants alike will be potentially catastrophic.

Much of the responsibility lies with that madwoman Merkel and her lunatic gesture which has been interpreted by much of the Middle East as an open invitation to all and sundry to come to the welfare havens of Europe. The many drownings rest very much on her shoulders as she failed to consider the unforeseen consequences of her statements.

5. Kclark

Kclark Angels

Prayers offered! God Bless you

6. I would love to quote that to the volunteers who are standing on a beach dragging men women and infants from the water,,by themselves with not one member of any army/navy/Un in sight.??? should we stand by and watch them drown ?? forget politics etc people are dying that's the real fact, as I type another boat is heading for dry land what do we do stand by and wait for the red tape to be cut,,how is saving a life misdirected aid ??

Joby himself told me a harrowing story as he was standing on the beach at night he heard a splash when he discovered where the splashes were coming from he saw a man trying to drag a rucksack as he swam, Joby went to help and screamed at the man to drop the ruck sack or he would drown the man would not listen, Joby went into the water to help him the long story short is when Joby and the man reached dry land the man handed his ruck sack to Joby screaming thank you>>. The ruck sack contained the mans two year old child

So to be honest the Nay sayers can do what they wish if you don't mind I will stand side by side on a beach saving lives with the rest of the volunteers.

If I claim to believe in the man who once said feed me, help me, clothe me then I have to do something.

kathy k and Amazing Grace like this.
  7. Amazing Grace

Amazing Grace Principalities

Prayers!!

8. padraig

padraig New Member

I think Jesus and Mary would be on the beach helping out. In fact they probably are.If I were retired that's were I would be. But what I can do I will. I must remember to offer up masses too.

I saw pictures of them freezing in the rain, apparently the weather is horrendous out there at the moment, I don't know how the little boats can sail. Anyway Pope Francis said to help and that is good enough for me.

9. josephite

josephite Powers

Joby and you are good men.

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of thy faithful and enkindle in them the fire of Thy love.
    Send forth Thy Spirit O Lord and they shall be created.
    And Thou shall renew the face of the earth.

O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful,
    grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations, Through Christ Our Lord, Amen.

Will pray.

May Our Lady protect you, Joby and all volunteers and the refugees. Amen

kathy k and DeGaulle like this.
  10. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

Praying...

11. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

I
    If you read my post again, I attempted to differentiate, with a specific comment to that effect, this type of first degree help, but perhaps didn't make it clear. Of course it is great work to pull people out of the sea and where in my comment did I advocate letting them drown?! But would it be better for the powers that be in Europe to help refugees by seeing to their needs in Turkey, Jordan and so forth rather than making insane offers of refuge for them in Europe with the aid offered post facto for those lucky enough not to drown on the way. This way there would be no necessity, or at least less of it, to rescue people from such in extremis situations. If our European elites see it as so desirable that our continent receive such an influx of migrants, whether for demographic or economic reasons or whatever, they should have the courage of shipping them here safely rather than dishonestly hiding behind the mask of a crisis for which they deny responsibility but which they, in fact, instigated. If this problem continues to grow, there won't be nearly enough people to pull the drowning out of the sea. It is becoming Biblical in proportion.

Additionally, is any one of these international social engineers, so confident in their knowing it all about everything, considering the long-term consequences to their home countries of such a haemorrhage of a very concentrated population cohort of young people? I have read of African Bishops expressing these fears of the loss of many of their brightest and best.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  12. josephite

josephite Powers

There is a lot of sence in what you say and if the authorities were doing their job this would be optimal!

We must always be prudent.

Padre Pio says.......'Love has legs but is blind however prudence has eyes, these two virtues (love and prudence), must walk together holding hands as sisters, lest love run and fall into unseen traps'

And then again Mother Theresa says we are not to wait for others, but to start with just one small act of Gods Love, it then becomes infinite! if given to God.

I think this is what Quis ut Deus is advocating.

13. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

I
    I fully agree with what Quis ut Deus advocates. As I said originally, I made a wee donation. Such blessed intervention as that of Mr Fox is what Christ unequivocally tells us to do. People like Mr Fox represent the very best of us. But the meddling of our political leaders, their sheer incompetence, their contingency angers me. I can't unreservedly accuse these leaders of anything immoral because their intentions may be good, but the more they do, the worse things seem to get. I may not be expressing my opinions very well and I thank you for your Saint Pio and Mother Teresa references which say what I was unable to.

14. garabandal

garabandal Powers

God Bless you - you have a big heart!!
    [​IMG]

"Quis ut Deus" and DeGaulle like this.
  15. Joby just text me 15 people drowned today 4 of them where children :(:(:(

Lord have Mercy..this has to stop....

jesus_child copy.jpg

Beth B likes this.
  16. Mario

Mario Powers

DeGualle,

I agree with you that we are speaking of two sides of the same issue. There is a story of a remote village with a river flowing by. One day, some women washing clothes notice a baby in a basket floating by. As the numbers escalate the villagers form lines to help capture the babies and bring them to safety. The village chief and some of the other leaders have the sense to travel overland closer to the river's source to determine the root of the problem and address the situation there.

Quis ut Deus is one of those rescuing the babies at the river's edge while you are attempting to assess the source of the problem. Let us be supportive of each other up since ultimately both aspects of the refugee problem must be considered if a long lasting solution is to be found.

Quis ut Deus,

I will pray and send some money, too! Jesus, enflame us with your Love so that Romans 12 be lived out more fully in our lives:

4 For as in one body we have many members, and all the members do not have the same function, 5 so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. 6 Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; 7 if service, in our serving; he who teaches, in his teaching; 8 he who exhorts, in his exhortation; he who contributes, in liberality; he who gives aid, with zeal; he who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness. 9 Let love be genuine; hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good; 10 love one another with brotherly affection; outdo one another in showing honor. 11 Never flag in zeal, be aglow with the Spirit, serve the Lord. 12 Rejoice in your hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. 13 Contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality. 14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. 16 Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly; never be conceited. 17 Repay no one evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all. 18 If possible, so far as it depends upon you, live peaceably with all.

"Quis ut Deus" and DeGaulle like this.
  17. padraig

padraig New Member

18. garabandal

garabandal Powers

The migrant crisis is of biblical proportions.

Europe is slowly breaking down in front of our eyes.

Like a hollow dunghill it will collapse one day in utter chaos.

19. Bless you Padraig. I second that!

20. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

There certainly will be chaos. But maybe the scene is being set for the prophesied mass-conversion of Islam? Please God.

[Such a scenario seems unlikely, but perhaps its current militancy is an indication of a desperate weakness in Islam rather than a sign of strength? It is fascinating to hear reports of Muslims, sometimes in large groups, arriving at European churches and asking for baptism].

"Quis ut Deus" and josephite like this.