1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Photo captured of Jesus?

Discussion in 'The mystical and Paranormal' started by Shae, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Shae

Shae Principalities

I brought Holy Communion to a 90 year old parishioner a few days ago at his home. He is a very devout Catholic man who attends Mass every day, however, he recently had a heart attack, so I went to his home to visit. He showed me an old photo he keeps from 1950, a black & white one with the white border around it. He had copies made and gave me one, which I am attaching here. He said it was given to him by a family friend, who had a friend who apparently found the image on her camera. He related to me that this friend was out in the garden and laid her Rosary and camera down, when she heard a click. When she developed her film, there was this image. You can see the wound in the hand. I don't know if it is legitimate or not, but he has no doubt. I thought I would share.

Attached Files:

Indy, djmoforegon, Mac and 7 others like this.
  2. sparrow

sparrow Archangels

Interesting...

Carol55 and Shae like this.
  3. Don_D

Don_D Powers

What a wonderful gift, sounds like an interesting soul as well. :)

4. Claves.Sancti.Petri

Claves.Sancti.Petri Principalities

Looks a lot like the Garabandal Sacred Heart image

5. Shae

Shae Principalities

Oh really, I must check it out, thanks CSP:)

Carol55 likes this.
  6. maryrose

maryrose Powers

wow

7. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

Our Lord has such a beautiful face.
    Before seeing the photo I thought 'oh yeah,here we go'
    This is really impressive.
    Thanks for sharing.

8. Shae

Shae Principalities

Your welcome Mac. When I saw the original photo, I was pretty blown away. I wasn't sure what others here would think, but I really wanted to share it with everyone.

9. Mac

I would love to know more about the original camera owner.
    I love this photo so suspect she must have an interesting story.
    But since it is from so long ago and you have received it from a friend of a friend I doubt we will learn anything about her or her life.

I have tried to save the image on my own computer but just cant seem to copy and paste or even drag it into a new folder.
    Could you upload it in a more easily copyable way?
    You should consider making it your Avatar.:notworthy: It may be very special.
    I always thought Mel Gibson got it spot on casting Jim Cavaziel as Our Lord,and the photo you have shared suggests Mel got it very close.

[​IMG]

Shae, HeavenlyHosts, Carol55 and 3 others like this.
  10. Mac

our lord.JPG

Shae, Carol55 and josephite like this.
  11. Don_D

Don_D Powers

I cropped this a little bit to make it easier to download. The picture is skewed just a little bit and I did not want to crop the top so this is why there is a little bit of white showing there. Jesus.JPG

Shae, Mac, Sam and 2 others like this.
  12. Shae

Shae Principalities

I will try to find out more info on the original owner Mac, next time I visit this elderly gentleman. I'm not very tech-minded, so I'm not sure if I can figure out how to post a better image. Thanks to Don for posting a larger pic. I have no idea how to do that(n)

Mac likes this.
  13. Indy

Indy Praying

A Lovely gift, thanks for sharing.

Shae and Carol55 like this.
  14. Shae

Shae Principalities

Just a bit of a follow-up on this photo of Jesus. I visited my elderly friend today and he let me borrow the original photo. I am posting it here so that you can see the original photo that has the old style white border around it. Mac, you were wondering about the original owner, so I asked my friend but he didn't really know anything about her, other than that she has since passed away. He said she was praying the Rosary in her garden and put her camera on a post. Sorry I wasn't able to find anything else out about her. I'm afraid I don't know how to attach the photo any other way(n)

Attached Files:

Mac and Don_D like this.
  15. ComeSoon!

ComeSoon! Mercy & Discernment

Where did this image come from?! It is far different from what looks like to old picture in a garden.
    This one is truly amazing!

16. Don_D

Don_D Powers

Thank you Shae, I tried to crop it a little bit but it still needs some work.

Jesus1.JPG

seekerofmary, Shae, Mac and 1 other person like this.
  17. Don_D

Don_D Powers

That picture is from the movie The Passion of the Christ by Mel Gibson. It is Jim Caviezel who played the part of Jesus.

Carol55 likes this.
  18. ComeSoon!

ComeSoon! Mercy & Discernment

Right, of course. Well, right clicking to copy the image works for making it my avatar. I also think it's very fitting to accompany my screen name (y).

Hey, if anyone on this forum is curious or interested, I have made connection with organizers to get involved with planning the National Catholic Singles Conference in MI for 2019. If there is interest, I'll make that a separate thread on a separate site.