1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Papal audience for writer who accused dubia Cardinals of inciting ‘satanic abuse’ of Pope

Discussion in 'Church Critique' started by BrianK, Sep 1, 2017.

1. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod Staff Member

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pope-francis-gives-private-audience-to-writer-who-accuses-dubia-cardinals

Papal audience for writer who accused dubia Cardinals of inciting ‘satanic abuse’ of Pope
    Matthew Cullinan Hoffman
    [​IMG]
    Stephen Walford and his family were granted an unprecedented 45-minute audience with Pope Francis. Facebook
    August 31, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) – Pope Francis granted a long, private audience to a relatively unknown Catholic writer who, one month earlier, had denounced three cardinals who have questioned Pope Francis’ apostolic exhortation Amoris Laetitia, claiming that they have incited “satanic abuse” of the pope.

The “dubia cardinals” have never been granted an audience with the pope to discuss their concerns.

Stephen Walford, who appears to work full-time as a piano teacher, and his entire family were given 45 minutes with Francis in which Walford offered gifts and received blessings while his children frolicked and took selfies with the pope.

Such meetings are very rare privileges for lay Catholics and even clergy, who normally are able to meet the pope only as members of large groups in which they may individually exchange a few brief words with the pontiff.

Walford’s article, written for Vatican Insider, is presented as an “open letter” to the three cardinals who have submitted a series of dubia, or questions, to Pope Francis asking him to clarify statements he makes in Amoris Laetitia, which appear to excuse acts of adultery and to allow those living in adulterous unions to receive Holy Communion.

In his “open letter,” Walford lectures the cardinals on Catholic doctrine and scolds them for being “role models” for “traditionalist blogs” that reject the pope’s apparent embrace of Holy Communion for adulterers.

Walford laments that there exists “a growing section of traditionalists and even some conservative Catholics who see you as the standard bearers for the rejection of this papacy,” calling it a “deeply troubling” phenomenon.

“The abuse from many, including those who run websites and Traditionalist blogs aimed at the Holy Father and those who are loyal to him, is nothing short of satanic,” Walford tells the cardinals.

He advises the dubia cardinals to get with the times, claiming that “we must realize that in the real world – where most of us laypeople live and work – the old ways of converting no longer work.”

“We have no choice but to meet people where they are and work from there. We cannot preach hell to people who consider an eternity of heaven as dull and pointless ... What I see is a Pope of true Christian realism,” Walford tells the cardinals.

Walford is the author of two books on Catholic topics for Angelico Press and characterizes himself as a “theologian” in his Vatican Insider article, although it is not clear if he has any academic background in theology. It appears that his full-time job is teaching piano to private students.

Walford now proudly displays his photos with the pope and his family on his Twitter feed and his Facebook page.

“Congrats!” wrote a priest to Walford on his page. “It looks like you garnered Papal curiosity … not everyone can claim that; not by a long shot.”

HeavenlyHosts and Mac like this.
  2. sunburst

sunburst Archangels

Wasn't this author on the Forum at one point?

3. sunburst

sunburst Archangels

Now I think I remember Mark Mallett and Walford duking it out here on the Forum:D and Walford seemed to be pushing his books here,... ;)

4. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Yes.
    Yikes!

Cardinal Burke and the other remaining cardinals of the dubia really need our prayers. It truly appears that we are well on our way to a divine intervention, so I suppose we all need prayers.

Booklady, HeavenlyHosts and sunburst like this.
  5. BrianK

Yes, unfortunately. Mark Mallet is certainly a much more likable fellow and Waldorf had a second sock puppet account here (and we suspect still does) to push his book, but that doesn't change the fact that technically Waldorf was correct from a theological standpoint.

As far as his current pontifications go, he is in way over his head but his pride won't let him see it.

HeavenlyHosts, Mary's child and Mac like this.
  6. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

Under normal circumstances, to defend the reigning Pontiff and be granted an audience as a reward would be praiseworthy.
    Yet nothing is normal here.

Walford on the Dubia 4....... claiming that they have incited “satanic abuse” of the pope

Pope Benedict on Cardinal Meisner..........''
    We know that this passionate shepherd and pastor found it difficult to leave his post, especially at a time in which the Church stands in particularly pressing need of convincing shepherds who can resist the dictatorship of the spirit of the age and who live and think the faith with determination''.

SgCatholic, HeavenlyHosts and BrianK like this.
  7. Mac

upload_2017-9-1_17-25-21.png
    Stephen Walford ,

Smudger?

Vouthon??

others????

BrianK likes this.
  8. Fatima

Fatima Powers

I picked up and read Stephen Walford's book Heralds of the Second Coming when it came out 4 years ago. I felt it was a good book overall. He has since dropped off on my radar with his irrational and his arrogant arguments on the MOG forum a few years back and apparently his love for apostasy, now in clear view, puts him in my "don't listen to" category. The one thing Pope Francis has surely done is expose those like himself who have chosen a path of dissent and apostasy. We must pray for them all that this veil of deceit may be lifted.

9. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Pope Francis reveals for first time that he consulted a psychoanalyst to 'clarify a few things'

Pope Francis has revealed, for the first time, that he sought help from a psychoanalyst when he was younger.
    In a new book, he says that at the age of 42 – long before he was elected Pope - he saw an analyst in his native Argentina for six months.
    Jorge Mario Bergoglio, as he was known then, was at the time the head of the Jesuit order in Argentina.

“At a certain point, I felt the need to consult an analyst. For six months, I went to her house once a week to clarify a few things,” he revealed in the book, Pope Francis: Politics and Society.

He did not specify exactly what “things” he wanted to clarify or why he felt the need to seek psychiatric help.

But at the time – around 1978 or 1979 – Argentina was ruled by a military dictatorship and for many people there was much to worry about, with political repression and forced disappearances.

“Then one day when the psychoanalyst was dying, she called me. Not to have the sacraments, naturally, because she was of the Jewish faith, but for a spiritual dialogue. She was a wonderful person. In those six months she really helped me,” the Pope said.

The candid admission comes from a book by Dominique Wolton, a French intellectual, which is based on a dozen lengthy conversations with the South American pontiff.

The 432-page book will be published on Sept 6, the day the Pope travels to Colombia on an official trip.

The Pope was asked if he still suffered from anxiety. Initially he said no, but after a moment’s reflection, added: “When I get on the plane (at the start of an official trip) and I find myself in front of journalists (the Vatican press corps), I have the feeling that I’m going into the lion’s den. I start to pray, then I try to be very precise.”

The Pope has made reference to psychiatry in the past.

When asked why he had chosen not to live in the Vatican’s grand Apostolic Palace, but instead in a modest guesthouse in the shadow of St Peter’s Basilica, he said: “It’s for psychiatric reasons. I can’t live alone, do you understand?”

In the book, the Pope also discusses poverty and conflict, the migration crisis, “the fear” gripping Europe over its future, environmental degradation and relations with Islam.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...s-first-time-consulted-psychoanalyst-clarify/

10. BrianK

You caught that? Good.

How many Catholics in England have an encyclopedic knowledge of Catholic prophecy and compose long scholarly essays every time they post at MOG?

11. archangel michael

archangel michael Moderator

I think I bought and read his first book Heralds of the Second Coming( I thought it was good) and remember him on this forum as well. Did he have a blog? I cant remember.
    Anyway, I did not know about his currant stance on the Pope and Cardinal's in question or new book for that matter.

sigh...

12. padraig

padraig New Member

I remember him very well on the forum.

I will leave it at that. I don't want to start a public, international slanging match, but my memories are not happy ones.
    Oh well hey ho...

HeavenlyHosts and BrianK like this.
  13. padraig

padraig New Member

14. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

No...it appears that Stephen Walford is from Southampton, England. https://angelicopress.org/authors/stephen-walford/
    and Smudger is not http://motheofgod.com/threads/smudger.9290/
    and Vouthon is not http://motheofgod.com/threads/vouthon.9408/

I think Stephen Walford wants to be as forth coming as possible about his thoughts on the Pope or he wouldn't have wrote this book. I mean, he obviously doesn't feel his opinion is something he needs to disguise and it wouldn't help with the sale of his book(s) if he took a "pen name(s)". No, he thinks that he is on the right side of the truth and he is not hiding from anyone.

Vouthon likes this.
  15. BrianK

Between rotating ISPs and moderator access to MOG user ISPs, and additional knowledge of the situation from personal experience at another internet source, I stand by my former statement.

Smudger was definitely him, and we have probable cause to think Vouthon is too, though no proof as yet.

16. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

I should have said, or he wouldn't have written that letter to the "dubia cardinals". http://www.lastampa.it/2017/06/27/v...-cardinals-nIsyPMFIjp2M5wjLZ1CHJO/pagina.html If the following statement from this article was true, "Your Eminences, a careful reading of Amoris Laetitia reveals everything you have asked in the dubia:..." then there would not have been any reason for the Pope to have not answered the dubia, in my humble opinion.

Mr. Walford may have thought he was helping the situation but the article comes across as arrogant. He states, "We must realize that in the real world–where most of us laypeople live and work–the old ways of converting no longer work." and "We cannot preach hell to people...". Even I know, Hebrews 13:8 (DRA) Jesus Christ, yesterday, and to day; and the same for ever.

God is merciful but God is constant, Malachi 3:6 (DRA) For I am the Lord, and I change not . This remains the same, yesterday, today and forever; John 8:11 Who said: No man, Lord. And Jesus said: Neither will I condemn thee. Go, and now sin no more.

padraig and BrianK like this.
  17. Mac

Stephen believes the ''old ways'' no longer work. He promotes the new Ideologies and theology of AL.

THE NEW CONSTITUTION.

“One day I heard a voice which said ‘The new Constitution will appear to many other than what it really is. They will bless it as a gift from heaven; whereas it is in fact sent from hell and permitted by God in His just wrath. It will only be by its effects that people will be led to recognize the Dragon who wanted to destroy all and devour all….”1
    “…One night I saw a number of ecclesiastics. Their haughtiness and air of severity seemed to demand the respect of all. They forced the faithful to follow them. But God commanded me to oppose them. ‘”They no longer have the right to speak in My name’ Jesus told me ‘It is against My wish that they carry out a mandate for which they are no longer worthy…http://motheofgod.com/threads/sr-jeanne-le-royer-sister-of-the-nativity.5019/

sunburst, padraig, AED and 2 others like this.
  18. Emmett O'Regan

Emmett O'Regan New Member

Hi guys! I was in the forum doing some research on Our Lady of Zaro, and noticed this thread. Just thought that I should point out that Vouthon is not Stephen Walford. Vouthon comments regularly on my blog under the name Colin Cooper, and said a while back that he was posting here under that name. He is a young Englishman who is extremely knowledgeable in the area of Catholic eschatology, but disagrees with Stephen Walford on the chronology of St. Hildegard's vision of the five ferocious beasts. So I hope he doesn't get banned for being suspected of using sock puppet accounts.

On a lighter note, is there anyone on the forum who has a good knowledge of the messages of Our Lady of Zaro? I've only just found out that the apparitions at Ischia were an ongoing phenomenon. My attention was brought to them by the timing of the earthquake on the feast of Our Lady of Knock, which took place 9 minutes after the eclipse ended on American soil. It appears that there is a link to the Knock apparitions in the visions at Zaro from the beginning of this year, with the Blessed Virgin appearing as Our Lady of Revelation (as she appeared to Bruno Cornacchiola) holding an open scroll. It also seems that the earthquake was foretold in some of the recent messages, in the context of the "darkening of the sun". Note that the Blessed Virgin also appears here in the same colours she wore when she appeared to Bruno (green, rose and white).

I saw Mother, she was dressed in an ancient pink dress, a white veil over her head, a green mantle that came down to her feet that barefooted on the rug of roses that was on the stone. Her arms were open as a sign of welcome.

Praised be Jesus Christ

"Here am I come unto you my children as the queen of heaven and earth, the mother of all peoples, and as a mother come to ask prayers again.
    Children, I come to you to lead you to the hand of my beloved Jesus. My children open your hearts, shake your ear to the voice of the Lord who calls you to keep them safe. Only children in Christ Jesus have life, only in Him is hope. My so loved children, let yourself be guided to the love of Christ, let us lead to true salvation.
    My children, do not harden your hearts and do not plug your ears into my calls, pray to my children pray, hard times await you. Behold, the sky is darkened and the earth is broken, war noises are heard ever stronger and ever closer. My children, my beloved Jesus will be crucified again and my heart will tremble with sorrow, will be torn.
    (Message of May 8th, 2017 to Simona)

19. Mac

Thank you for clearing Vouthons name here Emmett.
    There is a whole thread here on this forum where the messages of Zaro were being translated.
    This one interested me....[and it's not easy to find an interesting one].....http://motheofgod.com/threads/zaro.7512/

I saw [Our] Mother dressed all in pink, a very pale pink, she had a white veil on her head and a blue mantle on her shoulders, the Holy Rosary between her hands joined in prayer.
    May Jesus Christ be praised
    "Dear children, I love you immensely and to see you gathered here fills my heart with joy.
    My children, I come to ask for prayer, prayer for my beloved Church, for my favoured son, the vicar of Christ; the supreme Pontiff has a great task, his task is arduous.
    (The vision begins: the dome of St. Peter's in Rome cracks and from it dense black smoke comes out; in the ancient square the old enemy in the form of dragon advances with steps that make the ground shake, with the tail he destroys the colonnade of the square, from his mouth come out blasphemies and curses, a horrible smell and a nauseous green vomit.
    At the of the great steps of the square is the Pope, Pope Francis with the mitre on his head and the crozier in his right hand; he is sitting on a very luxurious chair, he rests the elbow of his left arm on the armrest of the chair, bows his head and covers his face with his left hand. On his right and left there are many priests sitting on simple chairs, all wearing black cassocks.
    Now the square is covered with corpses, in particular very many rotting priests' corpses, eaten by worms; the old enemy in the form of dragon continues to advance towards the Pope, crushing and trampling the corpses, some he takes hold of with his mouth and throws away, others he devours, on others he vomits.
    Pope Francis stands up and bangs the point of the crozier on the ground three times, all the priests around him get up, as if with a roar they begin to pray and it starts to rain, the rain falls and becomes a fire which burns and consumes everything it touches, including the ancient enemy.
    The vision ends and Our Mother resumes.)
    My children, I love you immensely; do not seek the Lord in signs, my children but seek him in prayer, do not look for love in the falsehoods of this world that give you a momentary and false joy and false; seek true love, that which only the Lord can give you.
    Remember, my children: where your treasure is, there will your heart be! My children, make your only treasure the Lord Jesus alive and true in the Blessed Sacrament.
    My children, I love you.
    Now I give you my holy blessing.
    Thank you for having hastened to me."

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  20. BrianK

Thanks Emmett for the clarification. The exchanges with Walford here and elsewhere, and his continued vicious attacks, have left such a bad taste in my mouth that I was being overly cautious/paranoid. My sincere apologies to Vouthon.

HeavenlyHosts and Carol55 like this.