1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Padraig

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by garabandal, Aug 10, 2010.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

It's great Padraig is away enjoying a well deserved break & his post today from Enniskillen 'base camp'! reminded me of how much he is missed on the forum when he signs off for a few days. Padraig has the capacity to see things clearly has his finger on the pulse of what is going on and when things really get going he will provide much needed advice to us all. Providing that is that we can all still communicate via internet!

So Padraig enjoy the break but we miss you :D :D

2. MomsCalling

MomsCalling Principalities

I second that notion!!! I do hope the internet will be here for quite a while. There is good here, too, not just bad. It unifies the good people too. Makes us a strong body also.

I hope Padraig is embracing the quiet noise of nature and enjoying his time of retreat. That's what camping always feels like to me, like a personal retreat. When we camp, we do not allow anything but our cell phones, and they don't usually work in the campsite we go to! (a blessing). No TV, no computer, no radio even (except in the car if we drive somewhere) no electronic games...only cards, cribbage, or other old-fashioned ways of passing the time. We enforced this with our kids too, and they absolutely LOVE their memories of our camping trips, they still talk about them. We would fish, and swim, and cook, and sing, and play our card games and it was always great! We used to get annoyed if a family close to us had a radio on and we could hear it...even the kids! I miss that, the family trips, but my husband and I still so by ourselves on occasion, and that is nice too. We canoe more than anything nowadays. And he loves to sleep in the tent (with an air mattress these days, we are too old for ground-sleeping!). I read or just enjoy the quiet noise of nature, and I cook a lot! Something I do not get much time to do in my busy working life. I will cook anything at a campsite, even Filet Mignon and Lobster (did that a couple years ago for his birthday - he still talks about it!). :wink:

3. padraig

padraig New Member

Well I admire you for this MC, but it would drive me a little nuts.

I have to go into town each day for Mass (though last night I went to a country monastery} so I call also into the local libray where I am typing at the minute.

I also brought a lap top, which my father left me , but which never seems to link up. a portable DVD player, my mobile phone , my radio, my radio scaner, (fo nosying listening to messages on the air waves} ..so I am as well connected as NASA!! :lol: ...and of course here I sit on the internet. :roll:

I walked up the mountains for eleven hours yesterday. I got a little lost and my poor dog fell asleep twice as I sat, he was so tired , it was the first time I ever saw him do this.

I love going into the different Churches and Retreat Houses and monasteries to mass.

One thing I notice, in the country the seem to be more open to the mystical and apparitions , for instance in St Michaels, the Church I just left there was a large statue of Our Lady of Medugorje.....well I have never ever seen a statue of Our Lady of Medugorje in the city Churches, ....it was so nice to see it. Also in the scout hall tonight they are having a talk from a Columbian former drug dealer who had a conversion experience..an illumination of conscience and is giving a talk.....which I might go to..again we don't hear folks like this in the city. ..I love all this, its like being in a , 'Spirit Daily' parish. :D

4. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Padraig - would that be Marino Restrepo?

I have read his testimony and it is awesome - he was kidnapped by drug dealers in Columbia who thought
    he was rich & would get a ransome.

http://www.marinorestrepo.com

You would love him - he is deep into mysticism - so deep sometimes I don't understand him but I think you would.

Let us know if tou do go.

5. MomsCalling

Well, Patraig, you have quite the religious experience when you go camping! Us, the most we got was being one with God's creation! Back then we didn't think twice about missing Mass while camping. Nowadays, my husband and I would at least find a church to go to for Saturday night or Sunday. (He's not a daily Mass person yet, I am becoming one. I couldn't sleep last night so I "went" to Belfast at 1 am, and then went this morning here, heard the same readings twice...guess I needed that! LOL)

I did meet an angel (or a messenger) once on a camping trip, the first angel messenger that I ever recognized, in fact. That was very neat. Funny, it was just for me, I guess, my husband doesn't remember any of it, and the kids were gone swimming. We were having a big family arguement at the time, mostly between me and my husband, but the kids were aware of it too. The kids went off swimming, and we were grumbling and grumping around the campsite not talking to each other, when suddenly this older gemtleman walked out of the woods right into the back of our campsite! Startled me. He was a delightful man, and he started gabbing in a bubbly way, he said he was a Camp host and was just making the rounds through some of the campsites. Well, he went on about how much he and his wife loved being here, and about how wonderful life was in general, being retired and doing this great thing in the summer...I remember looking over at Dave and seeing us both soften with his words. Then, suddenly, he said his goodbyes and disappeared back into the woods. We tried to find him later, but never did. We thought we found his campsite (there was a sign there that said Camp Host) but never saw anyone there the whole weekend. Right away that evening, I mentioned that he was like an angel that walked into our site, and put things right between us. Our trip went smoothly after his appearance. I remember my husband thought I was goofy calling him an angel. Nowadays, when I ask him about that episode, he has no memory of it whatsoever, he doesn't even remember looking for him later! I remember it all like it was yesterday.

6. padraig

padraig New Member

It is Marino Restrepo, Bobby, I have seen posters up for his talks in every Church I have passed through so he must be travelling right round Ireland, I also notice some Churhes are selling his books and tapes. This is a little surprising as many priests are not really open to mystics and the extraordinary so his testimony must be something special. I will check him out on the internet when I get back home on Thursday.

I wonder why he came all the way from Columbia to Ireland?

7. padraig

padraig New Member

I find, MC if I do not get to mass every day, I just about die. Its like being hungry only worse if I don't get, as though the light had gone out of the world.

I am only allowed an hour on the computer in the library here in Ballycastle a lovely sea side town, so if I cut of suddenly you know I have been booted of the computer.

Your writing about the angel in the campsite reminds me of the passage in scripture about being kind to strangers because many people in doing so entertain angels unawares.

Hebrews 13:2 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

I suspect most people have met angels, but its just we don't recognise them, maybe because we don't have eyes of faith to see. In this case, you did. I like sometimes to pay attention to my dog (I also notice this with cats} sometimes you see them staring fixedly at somethingwe cannot see, I often think this may be an angel. The otehr day I say my dog when I was resting in the forest staring upwards at something, when I followed his gaze I saw that whatever way the sun hit the trees thety were lit up as by a search light at that spot..and I fely such a sense of holiness and began to pray..

ahh the cmputer is booting me off :shock:

8. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Marino Restrpo has many friends in Ireland - Charismatic Catholics in particular were very open to him and this opened up many avenues for him to 'preach' in Ireland. People liked what they heard so he has been in Ireland many times. I have read his book and feel Padraig that you would really enjoy it [and understand it better than I did!]. I would love to hear him talk but have not yet managed to see him. Perhaps, one day! Marino really loves Ireland and feels the presence of the faith over the centuries in this land.

9. padraig

padraig New Member

Thanks, Bobby, I will start to read about him. :D

10. MomsCalling

Thanks Padraig, for that reminder aboutstrangers and angels.
    I too, pay attention to animals. Cats are very perceptive, sometimes I ask mine if she sees my guardian angel. :)

Birds too. They see spectrums of light that we don't see - just to begin with, and of course God uses them as messengers all the time, so apparently they have a special place in his divine plan. They are wise, and I think their energies are stronger than most other animals. Perhaps they even will be among us in heaven? I hope so, not only God's messengers, but perhaps those we also knew? We had a very special bird whom i would love to see again. Sometimes I think he was an angel messenger for us too! He was with us only a short time, and he taught my husband SO many things that were deep life lessons for him. Who knows what awaits us in heaven...!!!