1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Our Lady of Good Success

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by maryrose, Jan 23, 2009.

1. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Saturday 24th January is the start date of the novena to Our Lady of Good Success in preperation for the feasday of the purification which is the chosen feasday of Our Lady of Good Success. I have done this novena in the past and it is very powerful. This devotion given 400 years ago is for our times and Mother Mirana the visionary became a victim soul for us. As we face into the tribulations it is intresting to read the many prophesies given by Our Lady concerning the 20th century and the fate of the church and society all which are happening now.
    This is the link to the novena
    http://www.traditioninaction.org/OLGS/D ... a_Day1.htm

Mary

Frank Markus and Booklady like this.
  2. Lee

Lee Principalities

Oh Mary, this is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing it, it's a true gift.
    Lee

Frank Markus likes this.
  3. maryrose

maryrose Powers

4. maryrose

maryrose Powers

I am bumping this up as today is the day to start the novena.
    Mary

5. Andy3

Andy3 Powers Staff Member

Did a search on this novena online and was wondering why so many don't like it, trust it and question it. A lot of the questions appear to be around not vatican approved and why this woman has not been made a saint. There also seems to be a consistent theme from catholic answers forum saying that they find out about this from some "traditionalist". Is this some sort of derogatory word for a group of Catholics? What makes a traditionalist? Pre Vatican II ?

6. kathy k

kathy k Guest

Andy;

Generally, when someone is described as a "Trad", think latin mass, head coverings for women, only receiving on the tongue, (all of which are holy practices, but not mandatory) but it can also mean someone who doesn't believe Vatican II is valid as well as those who are actually loyal to the teachings of the Church!

"Traditionalist" is used in a derogatory way just as "liberal" and "conservative" is used in a derogatory way in politics. The way I see it, it's a way to categorize and demonize each other; playing politics in the church which is certainly not pleasing to God.

Bottom line, I think the use of labels is a way to divide us with language (a favorite trick of the enemy!)

7. ComeSoon!

ComeSoon! Mercy & Discernment

8. ComeSoon!

“Pray constantly, implore tirelessly, and weep bitter tears in the seclusion of your heart, beseeching the Eucharistic Heart of my most holy Son to take pity on His ministers and to end as soon as possible these unhappy times by sending to His Church the Prelate who shall restore the spirit of her priests.”
    This is an excerpt (bottom paragraph) from the link above. This resonates with Adoration and praying for the coming of the Warning! That said, I have recently felt a strong sense when praying for it to come ASAP, 'you don't know what you are asking for'. That being the gravity of what I pray for and how we will all be affected.

9. AED

AED Powers

Yes. I think we have no idea what these prayers ask for—in some ways it is the final curtain. The end of the play. I am begging for more time— especially for loved ones who are in such grave spiritual danger.

Booklady, Carol55 and Frank Markus like this.
  10. Frank Markus

Frank Markus Angels

Thank you once more for pointing out this great Novena, I'm looking to join this year. I just thought it starts on 25 January, not 24 January? I arrive at the 2 February Feast Day when I count nine days from 25 January, am I missing something?
    God bless you all.
    Frank

Carol55 likes this.
  11. ComeSoon!

I don't feel like it'll be game over, but more of - this is your last chance to amend your life. Here is a stark confirmation, what you've have heard of and disregarded or not heard of, is the real reality. As one of my former priests once told my ex, "you are writing your own sob story". Only the Father knows when game is truly over. Now is the time come follow me or not, that last effort at a field goal....how ever you look at it.

As I have said before on here, I pray often for my sisters to return, if not prior to, that the Warning will finally bring them to conversion. I certainly understand our Mother's tears. I do believe there will be countless late conversions and need for many to guide them along this newly accepted path. I have a strong sense my sisters will come around and return.

My two co-workers? I set an example by my cheerfulness and not joining them in their ornery tempers. I have a very small statue of Our Lady on my desk (of the Miraculous Medal) and Pax in Terra on my white board.

Who survives the shock of the Warning remains to be seen. (stroke or heart attack?)

Frank Markus likes this.
  12. ComeSoon!

Not being familiar, I printed out the prophesies, 7 pages of it to read at home and of course the novena. That can be condensed from the link. Most of the prayers are repeated daily, but for the portion designated for each day.

13. Steve79

Steve79 Angels

I can´t wait for the Warning to come. Personal reasons...Even when I know it will be painful for me and although I'm worried about beloved ones, I daily pray for them and trust in God the Warning will be their and my chance to change. I think there is no other way anyway.

sterph, AED and ComeSoon! like this.
  14. Steve79

Steve79 Angels

Frank Markus,
    I would like to pray the novena too. As I noticed I think you are from Austria, right? Could you give me a link to a german version of this novena, please? I haven´t found yet.

Frank Markus likes this.
  15. Sam

Sam Archangels

Novenas are usually done to end on the day before the feast day. So if you start the novena on the 24'th 0f January, you would end on Feb. 1'st the day before the feast. Some people do a novena to end on the feast day, so either way is acceptable.

16. Frank Markus

Frank Markus Angels

Thank you for the info Sam. I learned something.
    Steve, I am sorry, I don't have a German version. I will pray the English version...
    I reckon Our Lady will understand you, even with an accent. ;)

Steve79 and AED like this.
  17. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

:D

18. Steve79

Steve79 Angels

Frank Markus,
    you are right for God it would be no problem, but for me :)
    Personal I´m not able to think about the prayer words in the same intensity, as I do in my native language. Also my mother would like to pray the novena, so I will do some further research for a translation or I will translate it by myself. No worry, I´m optimistic with the help of a dictionary I will get it in accurate german.

AED likes this.
  19. ComeSoon!

There are a number of sites that do translation. copy and paste

Steve79 likes this.