Our Lady of America by Msgr. Charles Pope

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by lynnfiat, Oct 27, 2016.

1. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

https://www.romancatholicman.com/lady-america-high-time-heed-call/

An excellent article. Pray America - pray much!

Oh Holy Virgin, Mother of Mercy, look down in compassion upon your poor, frightened children.
    We come to you with fullest confidence, oh refuge of the afflicted and distressed.
    Where shall we fly or to whom shall we go but to you oh Mother of Mercy.
    Our cause is in Your hands.
    Cover us then, we beseech you, with the saving mantle of your tender compassion.
    Hide us under your cloak of loving care and pity from the just punishments of an angry God.
    Shield us from the chastisements which we, by our many transgression, have justly drawn upon ourselves.
    Be to us oh comforter of the lonely and sorrowful a Mother of Mercy,
    never leaving us either in life or in death.
    Under the mantle of you protecting mercy oh loving Mother, lead us to the feet of your all merciful Son,
    Jesus Christ our Lord, to remain forever. Amen

Jeanne, djmoforegon and Sam like this.
  2. padraig

padraig Powers

I like to beleive that some parts of America and the world will be special places during the Tirublation. Because of the Apprition there I always thought the State of Wisconsin might be one such place. One such place but others as well , of course.

3. lynnfiat

I agree about Wisconsin. A few years ago I visited the Shrine (the only approved one in the States) and felt an incredible peace (especially downstairs where Our Lady appeared) somewhat like I felt in Medjugorje, which brought me to tears. I felt it was an area that Our Blessed Mother holds as very special to Her Heart.

Sam likes this.
  4. padraig

padraig Powers

Yes everywhere Our Lady steps upon roses grow in her foot steps.

Although I notice from Shrine to Shrine the feeling is subly different form place to place. Our Lady also wears differnet dress from appariton to apparition. I think this is a hint to diffenret door ways, differing messages, differing graces. Not all her children need exactly the same graces.

I ahve been praying to Our Lady of Mount Carmel and Our LAdy of Montserrat quite a lot the last few months and although i know little or nothing about Our Lady of Montserrat at all I feel like I have grown to know her simply through prayer.

djmoforegon likes this.
  5. Rain

Rain Powers

Few people realize that the Our Lady of America apparitions began in Rome City, Indiana. In her first apparition, she appeared to Sr. Mary Ephrem in 1956 as Our Lady of Lourdes.

Mary said if we do as she asks, there will be greater miracles than Lourdes and Fatima, here in America, the United States in particular.

For those of you who have read my fictional apocalyptic novel, now you know why I chose Rome City, Indiana as one of the places where The Miracle takes place. It's the sight of a real church-approved apparition.

If you watch the whole video, he mentions the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Fort Wayne. That's where my husband and I got married. :)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  6. lynnfiat

Actually, I was in a hurry to go somewhere when I posted this and I meant to say that it is the only approved apparition site in the U.S.
    http://www.gbdioc.org/national-shrine-of-our-lady-of-good-help.html

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  7. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Been there twice. Took my whole family there once and traveled there again with our Bishop. A peaceful place.

lynnfiat likes this.