1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Our Lady of Akita

Discussion in 'Mother of God' started by garabandal, Nov 18, 2016.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I was typing this on another thread but the thread disappeared into the ether.

Methinks Padraig wants us to post only on spiritual things.

Joe C was posting about his statue of our Lady of Akita and the meaning of 101.

My thought for today:

Our Lady was so full of grace that even when she slept she gave great glory to God. Imagine that.

sparrow and Joe Crozier 2 like this.
  2. Yea weird. I lost it too

3. I was posting that Sister Agnes was told by her guardian angel that 1 was for Eve, 0 was the eternal love of God, 1 was the second Eve, Mary. Hence She wept 101 times in Akita.

4. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Joe - I am becoming more convinced of the connection between Our Lady and the Holy Spirit.

When we contemplate her beauty and understand what God has done in her we grow in awe and love of her like her son Jesus Christ.

I wish I had the intellect to write a book on our Lady.

She is the key to unlocking the love of the Son.

It is impossible to love her too much.

Clare A and sparrow like this.
  5. Each morning my eyes open to a photo of the face of the weeping statue in Akita that I love so much.
    One morning when I was feeling down She gave me a new name for Her and a prayer.

"Our Lady of the Morning,
    Pray for me throughout the day,
    Guide my steps and guide my way."

Of course, me being me I tried to improve the title and the prayer but was swiftly brought back to it as given. :rolleyes:

sparrow likes this.
  6. padraig

padraig New Member

“The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church in such a way that one will see Cardinals opposing Cardinals, Bishops against other Bishops. The priests who venerate Me will be scorned and opposed by their confreres (other priests). Churches and altars will be sacked. The Church will be full of those who accept compromises, and the demon will press many priests and consecrated souls to leave the service of the Lord.

“The demon will be especially implacable against the souls consecrated to God. The thought of the loss of so many souls is the cause of My sadness. If sins increase in number and gravity, there will no longer be pardon for them.

“...Pray very much the prayers of the Rosary. I alone am able to still save you from the calamities which approach. Those who place their confidence in Me will be saved.”

The last Sunday of May, 1982, during the Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament, Sister Agnes was completely cured from her deafness.

Dolours, sparrow and Joe Crozier 2 like this.
  7. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I love those spontaneous prayers. Childlike but not childish!

My wife is a nurse and made up a little prayer of blessing she says before going to work. It is amazing in its simplicity but I have no doubt God has honoured her little prayer.

Joe Crozier 2 likes this.
  8. I am redoing my consecration to The Immaculate Heart. In it St Maximillian Kolbe refers to The Holy Spirit as the Uncreated Immaculate Conception and Mary is The Created Immaculate Conception. Hence She is not only full of grace but the Mediatrix of all the graces of the Holy Spirit.

sparrow and garabandal like this.
  9. garabandal

garabandal Powers

This prophecy never ceases to shock!

Joe Crozier 2 likes this.
  10. I agree. Mum's favourite prayer is

"Jesus Mercy, Mary Help. "

Short and sweet. Just like mum.

11. Yes one of the saints advised us never to worry loving Mary too much because no one could love her as much as Jesus did.

12. davidtlig

davidtlig Powers

Here is an interesting article about the link between Fatima and Akita:

Our Lady’s message the same from Fatima to Akita By Howard Q. Dee
    (The author served as ambassador to the Vatican from 1986 to 1990 and chaired the government negotiating panel for peace talks with communist insurgents from 1993 to 1996. He is president of the Family Rosary Crusade and heads the Assisi Development Foundation.)

http://www.davidtlig.org.uk/AkitaHowardDee.pdf

Sam and Joe Crozier 2 like this.
  13. Thank you for this David

I have always seen a close connection between the two. There is of course a close connection between Amsterdam and Akita also. I am sure the 5th Dogma will be proclaimed and perhaps this will go some way to what Conchita exclaimed "we will know Her better." One of my statues of Akita stands in the Pilgrim Centre in Garabandal and displays at its base all three titles: Our Lady of Akita, Mother of All Peoples, The Lady of All Nations.
    It is perhaps no coincidence that Padraig's d0gs are Akita's, finely conformed, powerful, loyal and fiercely protective.

14. Dont know how I got that wrong

The title given to me was
    "Mary of the morning" not Our Lady of the morning.