1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

On conjecture about the validity of papal resignations and conclaves

Discussion in 'Church Critique' started by BrianK, Sep 18, 2017.

1. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod Staff Member

I've been thinking about this issue at length. At least regarding good faithful orthodox Catholics, I strongly suspect that the persistent demonstrable errors and outright heresies that this pope spouts daily now constitutes a grave scandal and danger to the faith that is much greater than any conjecture about the validity of BXVI's resignation or this pope's conclave might.

In fact, it's such a massive problem that we have a positive responsibility to explain to every day faithful Catholics how it could be that a man calling himself pope could also be guilty of persistent and pernicious heresies without violating the promises Christ has made to the Church regarding the Holy Spirit leading her and protecting her from error.

If we fail to equip average faithful orthodox Catholics with a concrete understanding of just how this severe crises could be made to jibe with traditional Catholic thought on the Church's preservation from error, souls are in danger of being lost.

The possibility of an invalid resignation of BXVI and/or the invalid nature of the conclave that elected this pope may help keep souls from despair, because it may be the solitary possibility available to balance the thought of a persistently heretical pope and maintaining faith and hope in Christ's promises to His Church.

So this ongoing conjecture about the validity of this papacy, rather than being "dangerous" to Catholics, might just be a necessary 'pressure relief valve' in equipping them for their faith to survive this time of unprecedented evil, until the Church (i.e., the College of Cardinals) - or God Himself - acts.

DivineMercy, gracia and sterph like this.
  2. DivineMercy

DivineMercy Archangels

My thoughts exactly :coffee: