1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

My rosaries keep falling apart.

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Rain, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Rain

Rain Powers

Over the last several years, I've gotten out of the habit of saying the rosary. I'm trying to get back into the habit. For the last two weeks, I've been saying them daily. I didn't think a whole lot of it when the first rosary I used fell apart into three pieces. Hey, it happens. Then I started using a single decade type of rosary. Well, that fell apart, too. I finally bought a new rosary last weekend. Well, I was saying it outside today when Rigby (pictured in photo) decided to jump on me. He broke off the crucifix and the three beads above. I checked the grass everywhere and can't find them.

I'm not the superstitious type, but I'm starting to get paranoid. That's three broken rosaries in less than two weeks. Maybe God is trying to tell me something.

Attached Files:

2. Amazing Grace

Amazing Grace Principalities

Get a croched one!! Lol

Julia likes this.
  3. Adoremus

Adoremus Archangels

*Someone* is evidently not pleased that you have taken up praying the rosary again... just goes to show how powerful it is.

Julia, Sam, Jeanne and 2 others like this.
  4. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Someone may be trying to tell you something -- but I agree with Adoremus, it ain't God! You must've hit a nerve! Keep praying!!

Julia and "Quis ut Deus" like this.
  5. andree

andree Archangels

I agree that this sounds like a sign that "someone" doesn't like you taking up the Rosary again.

The same thing happened to me when I got back into saying my rosary. It would either fall apart in 2 or 3 different places or it was so knotted up that I had to take the tweezers and actually pull the chain links apart. Because I could not get the knotted links apart wtihout pulling the links out, it seemed clear that the rosary didn't get knotted up by chance.

I took it as a sign and a blessing of sorts also, because it showed me that I had to persevere. I'll pray that you can do the same.

6. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Get a Warrior Rosary and you won't have this problem again. Put this word into the MOG search and you will see where you can get them. I love mine.

Julia and "Quis ut Deus" like this.
  7. Denise P

Denise P Principalities

Sometimes I just use my fingers!

Andy3, Sanctus, Julia and 2 others like this.
  8. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

I repair rosaries so if you are in the UK message me if there is a special rosary you can't bear to lose..... Agree that a knotted rosary is a good way to go, these are much harder for stan to mess about with. I can send you one if you like, as I make them.

I do make chain rosaries, but for myself find that the corded bead rosary is more resilient - can be left under a pillow for use at night, thrown in a bag and generally more abused than a chain one. The metal does get tired after a while and more brittle. Eventually all chain rosaries will break.

Julia and Sam like this.
  9. totally agree, your prayers/rosary is powerfully working, It reminds me of a dream I had which I spoke to a priest about he eagerly told me keep praying..

My dream was I was praying the rosary suddenly my rosary broke and all the beads fell to the ground in slow motion as they struck the ground each bead sounded like thunder...

Julia likes this.
  10. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

It might be a good idea to ask a Priest to bless your Rosary beads.

I was forever breaking Rosary beads. My husband called me a vandal. I now wear it around my neck, so it is ready for use at an instants notice, and no more breakings. I honestly think the chains get caught or bent in purses and that is how they break.

11. CathyG

CathyG Principalities

The same thing has happened to me, Rain. I also find --no matter the time of day -- that I start to yawn furiously when saying the rosary, especially the Hail Marys. I've always chalked this up to Satan trying to prevent me from praying.

Jeanne likes this.
  12. Heidi

Heidi Archangels

Mine always break, so now I just use my fingers.

Andy3 likes this.
  13. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

Mine have broken when I'm spiritually week.

:( :)

14. Joe Crozier

Joe Crozier Guest

15. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

My fingers breaking...my neck breaking. Joe, not too nice and actually kinda sick. But I accept it. You must really appreciate me.

Thanks for the Nice thoughts.

Brother al

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  16. charityfl

charityfl New Member

9780895550569_5_14_2015_6_38_02_PM.jpg

Make sure you let a priest bless it before using it. It sometimes happen to me but I never stop saying it and maybe Satan is giving up to me because my family been praying rosary every night for 2 years now. We made it this far :), my daughter started saying her rosary when she was 4 almost 5 and now she is a pro :). She can't live without saying it to include the Divine Mercy, and the Holy Wounds of Jesus every 3 o'clock. Satan does not like the Hail Marys.

I recommend this book; " The Secret of the Rosary" by St. Louis De Monfort. I have learned so much by reading it and it will help you to fight whatever trials you are facing or happening while saying the rosary. I never know much about rosary till I read this book.

Sister Lucia said," With the Holy Rosary, we will save ourselves, we will sanctify ourselves, we will console Our Lord and obtain the salvation of many souls."

Sam, Heidi and fallen saint like this.
  17. padraig

padraig New Member

My rosaries always used to break. I started using children's cord ones. I suspect that there are few enough rosaries will last if we are suing them regularly, they seem to be fragile things. I don't know how Rlegious do with those huge 15 decade rosaries tied to their waists.:)

Here is a giant cord Roasry I have in my bed room, you could use it to tie up an Elephant:)

[​IMG]

..and here is my statue of Our Lady of Medugorje holding beads

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

charityfl and Sam like this.
  18. padraig

padraig New Member

...and this is a lazy dog who won't get up in the mornings

[​IMG]

Rain likes this.
  19. Ed Kleese

Ed Kleese Servant

20. Andy3

Andy3 Powers Staff Member

I love that I am not the only one who uses his fingers from time to time. Isn't it great! No matter what happens in the future, most of us are all born with a pre-installed rosary!!