1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

My pro life talk on euthanasia

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by BrianK, Oct 28, 2017.

1. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

2. padraig

padraig New Member

I can;t see how God will put up with all this much longer. Killing the unborn babies and killing the old and infirm. A real horror picture. You can tell from the media that they are building people into a rage about how much taking care of the old is costing. They will be killing the old wholesale next.

BrianK likes this.
  3. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod Staff Member

This was an “interesting” experience.

Among committed orthodox Catholics it was very well received as a subject they had never heard addressed before. Many asked me for copies or for it to be uploaded online somewhere because it’s a thorough Catholic assessment of the subject.

But many people I know who were there and were Catholic, as well as many of our “ecumenical” pro life brethren in attendance were a bit ... uncomfortable ... with this part of the talk. The evangelical pastor who offered the closing prayer wouldn’t even make eye contact with me when I shook his hand afterward.

This is a National Right to Life affiliate, and that body steadfastly refuses to address even abortifacient contraception, and if the local chapter wants to keep its affiliation they have to avoid it also.

But the orthodox Catholics in the group and in the audience were THRILLED that an invited speaker broached this topic!

4. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod Staff Member

Ugh. I just read about this travesty while I was preparing my talk.

Unfortunately I have a life long phobia of public speaking too, Padraig. That’s why I write and do some radio which doesn’t seem to bother me (plus they tell me I have a face for radio).

But they asked me to speak this year completely out of the blue, and it’s such an honor and I was so humbled to be asked I couldn’t possibly say no. They’ve had all the rock stars of the pro life movement over the years - Fr. Pavone, Alveda King (Martin Luther King Jr.’s niece) etc.

This is their big fundraiser each year, they charge $10 a person and they had a great turnout, about 230 people, so I’m really happy for them.

gracia, HeavenlyHosts and Carol55 like this.
  5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Archangels

Good job, Brian. Our pro-life group at our church has a banner that says, "Respect Life, from Conception to Natural Death."
    Reading the transcript of your message has given me some scary insights, and I surely appreciate it. I will be calling our lawyer about durable power of attorney.
    Thanks again! Glad it went well.

gracia, AED, Mac and 2 others like this.
  6. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

That's a heroic effort, Brian.
    And I know it cost you some great conferences at the CIC.
    May God reward you a hundredfold.

7. Malachi

Malachi Archangels

Gr
    A great talk Brian. Would have loved to see the growing discomfort and grimaces toward the end of your talk. I get a sick buzz out of that. Cracks me up.

There is of course some twisted irony in the fact that those whose best years lie behind them are being put out to pasture by the coming full circle of the culture of death.

gracia likes this.
  8. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Brian - it is an inconvenient truth. The contraceptive mentality led to an abortion mentality.

We live in extraordinary times much worse than Hitler's propaganda regime -- people are indoctrinated against life. I have even heard my loving wife complain when people have large families and of course always correct her. Where is this anti life mentality coming from? It has preternatural origins of course but man has conspired with the evil one to convince humanity that his neighbour is a burden.

Sartre said 'hell is other people'.

Modern man says 'my neighbour is a burden' so it is convenient to to dispose of my burden. And when they are sick speed up the process of death. Terrible.

AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  9. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I have been thinking if God does not intervene soon what much use will you or I be Padraig? I am getting on in years as you are of course (no disrespect intended!) & we are still healthy. I cannot speak for you but I do not have the energy I once had.

So if God is looking for us to be his warriors then he had better hurry up lol.

So few are left who truly believe the deposit of faith. So few live as if their life depended on God. When God does intervene then there are going to be very few believers left who understand the things of God and who can guide
    people to living holy lives. If the warning comes (which I believe will eventually come) a tiny minority will be left to speak to the majority about what happened. We will be people in demand.

sunburst, AED and SgCatholic like this.
  10. Fatima

Fatima Powers

I think about this too. Then reality sets in and I have to understand that God has everything already figured out and not one thing can change it. He knows what his 'team' looks like. He know's his players well. What we see clearly is Satan's team at this point and all his hedge men. Sometimes it is hard for us to see anyone around us that wants the fullness of his truth, but they are there. They will be shaped into warriors of faith, if not before the Warning, surely afterwards. I look for the Warning to be like Pentecost was to the weak disciples. It will unite all religions and all denominations into One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic church. The Lord's prayer will be accomplished, "that all be one Father, as you and I are one". Then the real battle begins between evil and good.

sterph likes this.
  11. padraig

padraig New Member

So long as we can lie upon the Cross and pray we do all we can. I think Victim Souls are the Key at the moment. But realistically I think we have to accept that things are going to get very, very much worse than they are now. Letting rats into your house is one thing. But whenever they take over the house , doing the cooking and ordering you about things have taken a very sad turn indeed. They will not leave of their own accord. They need a strong hand, a very,very strong hand to put them down in the only way these people will understand. A strong hand with a strong crew to help. A very,very Great Pope indeed. Prophecy indicates that such a one will be sent us.

May it be soon. The rats are driving me nuts.

Matthew 5:30

…29If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to depart into hell. 31It has also been said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’…

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  12. padraig

padraig New Member

upload_2017-10-29_12-48-27.jpeg

sunburst and AED like this.
  13. AED

AED Powers

Yes Garabandal. Truly. “Will the Son of Man find faith on the earth?”
    It brings home in stark relief the parable about the wise virgins who brought extra oil for their lamps. What saddens me is no one I know really wants to hear my witness. Reactions range from affectionate incredulity to boredom to patient endurance but a lot of fidgetiness. Sometimes thinly veiled hostility.
    No wonder I mostly keep silent these days. I hope God will not count it against me.

Isn’t it ironic that the folks who brought us the culture of death—baby boomers et al will be the first ones to face the old and useless category. Sow in the wind and reap the whirlwind.

garabandal, HeavenlyHosts and sterph like this.
  14. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Archangels

It is true as you and Garabandal have said
    Once in a great while I find I am in the presence of a like spirit
    The cashier at the grocery store was discussing the Book of Revelation with me
    And the persecution of Christians
    That was a surprise
    I did not know that about him
    More and more the Lord is preparing a table before us in the presence of our enemies
    He is anointing our heads with oil
    (Reference to 23rd Psalm)

15. garabandal

garabandal Powers

With regard to silence Jesus tells us not to cast pearls among the swine. In come cases it is a waste of time to preach when the audience is incapable of understanding the language of love.

But there will be a time when we will have to speak. In the courts and like St Stephen we will want to be found blameless in the eyes of the Lord. No human court has jurisdiction over the heart of a Christian.

sunburst, AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  16. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Julia, I can only relate my personal experience. My mother in law developed cancer at age 103 and spent her last month in a hospice. She was on morphine at the end as she had severe pain but she was getting water to the end and was lucid up to her last day. She was not on a drip but her daughter sat by her bed sponging her mouth with water.
    I think you need an advocate in hospital with you otherwise who knows how one will be treated.

padraig, sunburst, BrianK and 3 others like this.
  17. ComeSoon!

ComeSoon! New Member

I certainly appreciate a thread of this focus. My Mom has later stage Alzheimer's at 78. There is nothing polite, dignified or civilized about it. We do the best we can caring for her in the house she raised us in (now only with Dad) until a room comes available at our choice "home". Her personality is now vastly different from before. It is so much more than a "memory" disease. It is just plain ugly!! This is my topic for soapbox when it comes up. We are hoping she will be more content once we move her.

padraig, sunburst and HeavenlyHosts like this.