1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

My Heart Will Triumph

Discussion in 'Books, movies, links, websites.' started by padraig, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Guest

The messages may not speak to your heart, but for many people they do. Our Lady gave two messages warning against modernism. Here they are:
    Medjugorje Message, March 25, 2015

Dear children! Also today the Most High permits me to be with you and to lead you on the way of conversion. Many hearts have shut themselves to grace and have become deaf to my call. You, little children, pray and fight against temptation and all the evil plans which the devil offers you through modernism. Be strong in prayer and with the cross in your hands pray that evil may not use you and may not conquer in you. I am with you and pray for you. Thank you for having responded to my call.

May 25, 2010

Dear children! God gave you the grace to live and to defend all the good that is in you and around you, and to inspire others to be better and holier; but Satan, too, does not sleep and through modernism diverts you and leads you to his way. Therefore, little children, in the love for my Immaculate Heart, love God above everything and live His commandments. In this way, your life will have meaning and peace will rule on earth. Thank you for having responded to my call.

2. padraig

padraig New Member

I was not aware of this Mary, thank you.

I remebr coming bakc from Medugorje and driving back into my city at night time and really starting to feel gloomy because the great graces surrounding Medugorje seemed ot be gone. I asked Our Lady about this and she said to me that now it was time to build my own Medugorje in my heart and in the heart sof those around me. I guess in a way this is wha thtis forum is another medugorje a home for Mary.

Elly, Mario and Mary Ann like this.
  3. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

Back in 1995 when I visited Medjugorje, I cried the day before we were to go back home to the US as I wanted so desperately to stay there - even leaving my family behind didn't mean anything to me. I truly felt I would be leaving Heaven. But during the Homily at Mass that day, the Priest told us that everyone must go back home and bring the Graces of Medjugorje with them. I understood that this was the plan of Our Blessed Mother - to bring Her Peace and that of Her Son to this world filled with darkness.

Elly, padraig, Booklady and 3 others like this.
  4. Sanctus

Sanctus Guest

I can relate Lynn. No sooner am I back from a pilgrimage to Medjugorje I want to go back again. It can be hard adjusting back to normal life after experiencing the peace that is there. It must be similar to how the visionaries feel after an apparition being in her presence and then having to adjust to normal life.

DonnaS and Sam like this.
  5. lynnfiat

Even the sound of gunfire (we were there during the war) didn't disturb my peace. It is Heaven on earth and I wish that everyone could experience what I experienced there.

Elly, DonnaS and Sanctus like this.
  6. Mario

Mario Powers

Yesterday, I had a glimpse into the depth of the darkness lynnfiat mentions. I came across evidence of a major political figure in the USA who has been involved in drug trafficking, extramarital sex, and murders to prevent the undoing of his corruption, but most importantly, his influence. Most disturbing, however, was the complicity and help he received from many in the media, law enforcement, and judicial system to avoid discovery. It all was so discouraging!:( But I was prompted by Our Lady to pick up a book entitled The Apostolate of Holy Motherhood. In there I found a message which spoke of the distressing distraction of the media, and I realized the need to avoid being caught up in reading about or participating in discussions highlight the devil's work.

As Padraig says:

So today, once more, I put my trust in the Two Hearts and I lift up the soul of this politician for his conversion!

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

Elly, padraig, PotatoSack and 5 others like this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

Mirjana says that each of the visionaries has been given a charism in prayer . For one it is the souls in purgatory, for another it is praying for priests, for Mirjana it is praying for unbelievers.

Have you ever wondered what you chairsm n prayer is? I know mine is praying for the greatest sinners, thoise who are about to fall into hell. As the prayer of Fatima says:

'Oh my Jesus forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, especially those in most need of prayer'.

I would be interested to hear others prayer Charism? :)

I have been thinking of Mirjana's prayers for Unbeleivers during this week as I have been working in a little ffice closely with a young Catholic Medical student who has long given up the practise of her Faith. I am more than a little surpirsed how sad she is but also with how little thought she has given to her life stances. For instance she complianed to me how ,when she was younger she had been, 'Forced' to go to Church. I rmeinded her that her parents had forced her to go to school and that now she was studying to be a Doctor she objected to that? That her parents believed she needed to go to school just as they beleived she need to go Church.

She appeared totally nonplussed. She had no answer. So I see that for a very highly intelligent young woman she has given no deep thought at all to these very,very deep issues.

But mostly I am taken with how,very,very, very sad and often angry she is.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Mac, Elly, DivineMercy and 1 other person like this.
  8. padraig

padraig New Member

https://www.premierchristianity.com...n-t-deny-the-moral-force-of-Christian-history

[​IMG]

Tom Holland: Why atheists can’t deny the moral force of Christian history
    15th September 2016
    Award winning historian Tom Holland is one of a growing number of historians who are reminding a secular culture of their Christian heritage

This week, Tom Holland wrote in the New Statesman how he has changed his mind about Christianity.

Initially, he believed Christianity had ushered in "an age of superstition and credulity" and therefore had little to offer.

But the more he studied ancient history, the more Holland saw that the alternative (the pagan gods of antiquity) did not value human life equally. Instead, ancient societies routinely upheld the strong and rich above the weak and poor. While pagan gods punished people, Holland discovered how the Christian God acted profoundly differently by punishing himself on man's behalf - something unheard of before that point:

"Familiarity with the biblical narrative of the crucifixion has dulled our sense of just how completely novel a deity Christ was.

"Most of us who live in post-Christian societies still take for granted that it is nobler to suffer than to inflict suffering. [Christianity] is why we generally assume that every human life is of equal value.
    Holland joins a growing number of historians who are pushing back against the commonly held secular notion that Christianity held back culture until the Enlightenment as it was responsible for the superstitious thinking of the Dark Ages as well as The Crusades.

David Bentley Hart’s book Atheist Delusions is a devastating critique of those notions and American Sociologist Rodney Stark has written extensively on it in books such as The rise of Christianity. Larry Hurtado’s new book Destroyer of the gods: Early Christian Distinctiveness in the Roman World also makes the case for the way Christianity was unique and radical in its setting.

This isn't the first time Holland has spoken in favour of Christianity. He told The New Humanist in 2013, "There's a sort of nagging, god-shaped hole in the back of my mind and the simulacrum of a god that I use to fill it is a Christian one. I could read the account of the passion, go to church on Easter and feel this is true, feel that it is articulating truths that affect me far more profoundly than I could possibly put into words, I feel myself in communion with the vast inheritance of Christian faith, I find that moving and at moments like that, I think 'is this what it’s like to believe in god?'"

As UK culture and society becomes more secular, there's a tendency in some quarters to minimize our Christian heritage and history. Holland's article is a healthy and robust defence of not only Christian faith but a reminder of ideals all of us take for granted. As he writes:

"Today, even as belief in God fades across the West, the countries that were once collectively known as Christendom continue to bear the stamp of the two-millennia-old revolution that Christianity represents. It is the principal reason why, by and large, most of us who live in post-Christian societies still take for granted that it is nobler to suffer than to inflict suffering. It is why we generally assume that every human life is of equal value.

"In my morals and ethics, I have learned to accept that I am not Greek or Roman at all, but thoroughly and proudly Christian."

9. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Brilliant answer, Padraig (to the young doctor).

padraig, Mario and Beth B like this.
  10. lynnfiat

I was once shown a large cliff upon which there were many Priests walking about on the top of the cliff. They didn't seem to notice that they were in danger of falling into it, and many of them came so close to the edge that it frightened me. Interiorly I understood that many were about to fall into hell. I have since prayed my Liturgy of the Hours and many Novenas and prayers for Priests. Please pray for our Priests!

padraig, DonnaS, Beth B and 2 others like this.
  11. Light

Light Angels

Padraig

my prayers are quite intense when I pray for those who will die this day.

God Bless

Mario and padraig like this.
  12. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Just on a lighter note.
    'My heart will TRiUMPh.' Could that be a message in itself. Like Hi Trump. Will Trump be a vessel for the Triumph of Immaculate Heart in America.

13. Elly

Elly New Member

That is the question of the month, Julia!!

DonnaS likes this.
  14. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Guest

I pray for priests and unbelievers everyday. As Mirjana says, "When you pray for unbelievers, you pray for your own future." I think President Trump will be a good president if the time of the secrets take place during his presidency. He seems open to learning what people present to him. I doubt that he has ever heard about Medjugorje, but being that his mother's name was Mary, his sister's name is Mary Ann and his daughter's name is Ivanka which is also the name of one of the visionaries, he would probably listen or read with interest about the events of Medjugorje. It also helps that his current wife is Slovenian born and understands the oppression of communism as she grew up in it. I still thank God so much for all the graces He has bestowed upon us. There is a feeling of hope among the people that hasn't been evident since at least 9/11/2001. God Bless you all.

15. padraig

padraig New Member

You kill me, Julia:D:D:eek:

any name you wish likes this.
  16. garabandal

garabandal Powers

A sign of the time for the USA(y)

TRUMP PENCE ticket!!!

[​IMG]

Sam and any name you wish like this.
  17. padraig

padraig New Member

But how to touch hearts?

A long time ago I thought... I can't.... you do it Lord....and if you choose do do it through me do it. through me...but whatever..

18. garabandal

garabandal Powers

You planted the seed -- and God can make the seed germinate in His time ----

DonnaS likes this.
  19. DonnaS

DonnaS Guest

this is the truth always....plant the seed and God will bring that seed to harvest....

20. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

Can anyone confirm that the free Kindle book is the complete book you would buy on paperback?