1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Msgr. Charles Pope homily

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by lynnfiat, Jan 3, 2017.

1. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

2. sparrow

sparrow Principalities

How I wish all good Bishops and Cardinals from around the world would pick up on this... I am contemplating sending this to our diocese in the hope that they may act on this as well.
    What do you all think? :coffee:

lynnfiat likes this.
  3. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Principalities

This is what I would call REAL Catholicism, hearing about it from the pulpit and being encouraged to participate from the pulpit, as well.
    Reminds me of the old days when the churches were packed for Novenas. So grateful we have Msgr. Pope.
    I am going to try for the First Fridays again this year, beginning this week. I was very young when I made them the first time, and then add the First Saturdays when March comes around. I say this with some trepidation, kind of like saying I am going on a diet for the zillionth time:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: But now I have stated it in public to you members.
    Msgr. Pope is in the Archdiocese of Washington, DC. We are blessed to have him. Let's not forget that he also gave us historical background in this article which is hard to dispute.
    Yes, go ahead and send it off to the clergy. Why not?

sparrow and lynnfiat like this.
  4. lynnfiat

Send it!

HeavenlyHosts and sparrow like this.
  5. lynnfiat

What is needed is for more people to be aware of Our Blessed Mothers request for the First Saturday's. Also, for more Parishes to have First Saturday Mass! It is so important to ask our Pastors who do not have Saturday morning Mass to begin having them. We asked at one of our Parishes and our request was answered. Remember that it was not only the Consecration of Russia that She asked for - but our participation also of making the First Saturday's.

Julia, Clare A, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.