1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Mother Teresa movie " The Letters "

Discussion in 'Books, movies, links, websites.' started by Glenn, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Glenn

Glenn Guest

Finally a movie about a great (future saint ) and Catholic hero, Mother Teresa ! Opening on December 4th.

2. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Thanks for the heads up. I had not heard of this.

Glenn likes this.
  3. gracia

gracia Angels

I watched this with my husband a few months back; a beautiful and affecting film. Way to go, excellent Catholic movies! They should film more like these!

4. padraig

padraig New Member

Thanks for this Glenn. Mother Teresa went through the Dark Night of the Soul for most of her life. People, even Catholics interpret this as meaning that she doubted herself and her Faith whereas it was just part of the mystical voyage . For instance people who are dying often go through this. She was also attacked directly by the devil. When she was in hospital shortly before she died she was attacked in this way and the Archbishop of Calcutta who was also in getting treated in the hospital authorised a special exorcism service at her hospital room.
    None of this need alarm or concern it, it was pretty well par for the course for saints and maybe for us too at some point in our lives, often just before death, the final cleansing.

If you read Padre Pio's letters in a three part series you will see much of the same. They are also very,very well worth reading.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...ved=0ahUKEwjvhuz3pNTVAhVrJsAKHbHcDesQ6AEIKTAA

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    gracia and Glenn like this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

It is also interesting how often the saint has come under attack since her death. You'd think now she is dead they would leave her alone. I was listening to a programme about her on BBC Radio Four last week as a podcast in the Great Lives series. The interviewer was a famous homosexual politician and he certainly did his best to rake the dirt on her.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08mb1g4

But famous fellow Albanian opera singer Ermolea Jaho, who sang at the saints funeral defended her quite well. I think she was taken aback to see Mother Teresa attacked in this way so openly.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017