1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

MOG emails "Junked" by Hotmail

Discussion in 'PC Help.' started by Adoremus, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Adoremus

Adoremus Archangels

A couple of months back I noticed that I was no longer receiving any email notifications from the Mother of God forum and, lo and behold, when I looked in my Junk folder, there they all were. I marked the emails as "Not Junk" but any new ones would still end up in the junk folder. So I added the forum's (Padraig's) email address to my contacts, figuring that would solve the problem. But the emails are STILL ending up in the Junk mail folder. Has anyone else noticed this happening with Hotmail? Am I being a conspiracy theorist or is it something to do with the word God being in the sender title?

2. padraig

padraig New Member

Mine are junked too.

3. Denise P

Denise P Principalities

Mine are too.

4. Infant Jesus of Prague

Infant Jesus of Prague The More you Honor Me The More I will Bless Thee

5. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Me too,

but
    I would rather see the list which appears on the forum anyway. Not being a big email fan. LOL

6. padraig

padraig New Member

Someone Was asking me about emails getting junked and suggesting that this is perhaps why we are not getting so many new members.

I think programs like Ourlook have filters to detect spam, mass produced emails and dump them in the junk box. This is automatic and to be expected.

I don't think this is why there are fewer members. I think we were getting a lot of traffic and new members into the forum because of three things. Firstly there was a thread on the forum on Charlie Johnston which got, believe it or not some 40.000 hits :D:eek: which to me is staggering. I cant imagine how many hits he is actually getting on his own blog. The mind boggles.

Secondly Charlie Johnston has a link on his on won blog linking to the Mother of God site and this generated a lot of traffic and new members.

Thirdly there was an article on me on Spirit Daily which generated a lot of traffice.

But it is a lot like launching a firework in the air , it explodes and fizzles out. This is to be expected. I don't really mind how big or small the forum is so look as it is doing the job Mary intends it to do.

I have sometimes wondered how successful a Catholic site would be in terms of hits. Well I was listening to an English Benedictine Abbot saying after a sucessful series of TV programs on their Abbey they were astonished and delighted to get 8000 hits. Well this website gets this every week abd has done so for years now..so...

I think for me two things really mark sucess for any Catholic site. Firstly in prayer requests and prayers answered. I always think this is a mark of heavens favour. A second is in terms of conversion, of people deepening their prayer life and in people truning to God. As Jesus said, 'By their fruits you sahll know them'

Both these seem to be happening and this keeps me happy, no matter how many or few hits. :)

CrewDog likes this.
  7. Adoremus

Adoremus Archangels

You are probably right, Padraig, regarding the reason for the drop off in numbers, that's a perfectly reasonable explanation.

With regard to the emails going to Junk, though, I sent feedback to Hotmail about this problem. I've since noticed, however, that the MOG emails are no longer going to the Junk folder. It seems that they are now being vaporised altogether because they aren't coming into any of my Hotmail folders any more. I don't think this is attributable to regular spam filters, I'm still getting all the regular spam that I've always gotten, both to my Inbox and Junk folders. I suspect this is happening because the word "God" appears in the sender name.

8. padraig

padraig New Member

I must ask someone who knows about such things.

9. Adoremus

Adoremus Archangels

Emails are coming into my inbox again. Padraig, you must have pulled some strings with the powers-that-be at Hotmail!