1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Medjugorje - the Commission findings

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by davidtlig, May 16, 2017.

1. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

I suggest people watch this on youtube so they can read the comments posted, interesting comment about Fatima is posted I am not certain if it is true or not though.

2. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Only had to watch the first 20 seconds -- to spot the first 'deliberate' mistake --

he says there have been over 40000 separate daily messages in Medjugorje--

No - at present & for many years there have been only 2 public messages per month -- one on the 2nd for unbelievers and one on the 25th for the world.

And later he talks about Donal Foley (who wrote a book condemning Medjugorje) as an 'English historian' -- as far as I know Foley has a BA degree in Humanities and a BD in Theology. So he doesn't have a degree in History.

Foley runs the website http://www.theotokos.org.uk -- a man best avoided in my opinion.

3. MMM

MMM Principalities

Funny how some see it as approved and others as a negative judgement. It appears the church may approve the initial appearances only which in many ways is an approval but the negative judgement on the 35+ years of messages will have a huge impact likely. Despite the 35 years of messages which do seem in line with Catholic teaching but very broad stroke and repetitive, it's the secrets which are the "hook" that keep many holding onto this apparition I think. With the secrets no longer supported as authentic I wonder what will happen next. Does the report even address them specifically? Does it have to?

I tend to agree with the report, it does seem reasonable. All the conversions and renewals doesn't mean the virgin is giving these messages. And the fact that most seem in line with our faith doesn't mean they are from her either. Perhaps they are but the church needs proof and clearly there isn't enough. They don't appear from the evil one either though.

If those that truly converted and truly believe the catholic faith they know that this sight isn't integral to making it to heaven. If people reject the authority of the church on this or lose faith due to this judgement they weren't truly following the Catholic faith but a physical site where they believed Mary appeared. Mary and Jesus are as close as a breath away and no one needs this to be authentic.

The coming months will be interesting. I think most won't change their current view and still wait patiently for these supposed secrets to be announced. This could be a pivotal situation to test the flocks obedience to the church.

My personal opinion is Medjugorje, the secrets and messages never really spoke to me so I have no strong opinion either way.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  4. davidtlig

davidtlig Powers

Pope's envoy expects to complete Medjugorje report by end of June

MAY 19, 2017

Archbishop Hoser, appointed in February as the Pope's special envoy at Medjugorje, has now returned to his Warsaw-Prague diocese. In a telephone internew with the Italian daily newspaper Avvenire. the Polish prelate said he has not completed his mission and is in the process of writing his report which he expects to deliver by the end of June, and afterwards probably meet with Pope Francis.

He told Auuemre, "The pastoral work carried out in Medjugorje is very intense, developed and diversified. It is based on Marian worship but at the same time Christocentric: Eucharistic worship, Via Crucis, Rosary... Certainly I haven't seen anything imaginative or deviating. I have seen a climate of recollection, prayer, contemplation - in short, a great spiritual fervour.

"What is striking is undoubtedly the amount of Confessions, but also very positive is the work of formation of consciences with the organised meeting and seminars. Pilgrims are not diminishing."

"I did not perceive great differences between the parish of Medjugorje and the Franciscans on the one hand, and the diocesan clergy and other religious on the other. Several parish priests in the neighbourhood are coming to help. Of course, Mostar's bishop Ratko Peric reaffirms his position clearly contrary to the veracity of the apparitions, and emphasises that what is false cannot be built on."

Commenting on the recent personal comment made by Pope Francis expressing his doubt about the alleged ongoing apparitions at Medjugorje, the Archbishop said, "The Pontiff has delivered his personal point of view on what we call the second phase of the apparitions."

Archbishop Hoser then referred to the leaked' report of the Medjugorje Commission and its acceptance of the first seven apparitions, comparing the process to the apparitions at Kibeho and how the examining commission there separated the phases to reach a conclusion for the Church to give official approval to the first phase of the phenomenon and only three of the visionaries.

http://www.themedjugorjewitness.org/

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  5. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

It can be so confusing about what the ongoing attitude towards Medjugorje should be, because of the critics.

Those of us who remember the shinanekins with Saint Padre Pio, and the 40 or more years of the shinanekins with Saint Maria Faustina and Divine Mercy Devotion will be far more sceptical about the critics. It was once considered anathema to believe in the genuineness of Padre Pio or Divine Mercy, now it is ok.

I am happy there will be a shrine by the sounds of it, and the Franciscans may get more pastoral support through the Vatican to meet the volume of work all us visitors create when we go to Medjugorje.

I really do not expect an approval until all apparitions cease which I don't expect in my lifetime. But I don't think it wise to wait and respond to the message to pray, fast, adore Jesus in Eucharist, go to confession, receive Eucharist until after my life is over. What do the rest of you think. Or are the critics not practising the Faith until the Church approves of what we have had two thousand years to get into our thick skulls.

No wonder Blessed Mother pondered all the things of God in her heart, otherwise we would be still waiting for the Messiah. If it were up to the approval of the authorities. Or does anyone think authorities never existed before the New Testament.

padraig likes this.
  6. Dolours

Dolours Powers

"Or are the critics not practising the Faith until the Church approves of what we have had two thousand years to get into our thick skulls".
    What an extraordinary statement. As a skeptic of Medjugorje who attempts to practice the faith including praying, fasting, adoring Jesus in the Eucharist, going to confession and receiving the Eucharist, I find it quite offensive. Catholics have been practising their faith in the same way for two thousand years and will continue doing so whether or not Medjugorje is approved by the Church, and they can be confident that their salvation doesn't depend on sharing your belief in it.

BrianK likes this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

Wise.

Hosea 14:9

Whoever is wise, let him understand these things; Whoever is discerning, let him know them For the ways of the LORD are right, And the righteous will walk in them, But transgressors will stumble in them.

[​IMG]

Large crowds for confession; Medugorje

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2017 at 6:38 AM
    Sanctus likes this.
  8. Dolours

Dolours Powers

The Sacrament of Confession is available in every parish, as is Jesus in the Blessed Eucharist. Our running water resides in every tabernacle. We will never stumble as long as we seek the Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. Our Lord Jesus Christ has already assured us of that.

BrianK likes this.
  9. padraig

padraig New Member

What sets Medugorje apart is the sheers numbers, especially of young people who are attending; from reports of priests the quality of the confessions, including General COnfessions and the number of radical conversions reported, very similar to the numbers attending St Padre Pio.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ZJV1yBvUd5oC&pg=PA56&lpg=PA56&dq=numbers+going+to+confession+medjugorje&source=bl&ots=LJBZlg7zXo&sig=DeDc3MTukq0qO21ptpWh29HUmEc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj4u5L3if7TAhVIJMAKHf-WBpcQ6AEIUTAE#v=onepage&q=numbers going to confession medjugorje&f=false

[​IMG]

Claves.Sancti.Petri likes this.
  10. padraig

padraig New Member

11. Too funny I know the author

12. CrewDog

CrewDog Powers

I'm thinking that this verse was appropriate for today's Church Confusion, Angst and Division. Get back to The Basics of Our Faith! The Apostle's Creed and Jesus, I Trust in You! .. and much less about Vatican politics, anonymous sources and unapproved prophecies/events or whatever extraneous "things" that distract you!
    .... and a shot aimed personally at this old curmudgeonly CrewDog. ;)

Heartlight Daily Verse - 20 May

Romans 15:5-6
    May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Thoughts on today's verse:
    Unity comes from God's Spirit as we follow Jesus. But unity has a purpose much deeper than our getting along with each other. Jesus prayed that we would be one so the world would know that God sent him (John 17). We want to be united so our praise can bring glory to God. Unity is far more than a goal, it is a process through which the world learns of Jesus and we glorify the Father who sent him and saved us. Can you think of anything more fundamental to our faith than that!
    Prayer:
    Great and Almighty God, Eternal Strength for all who call on your name, I apologize and ask your forgiveness for everything I've done and every word I've spoken that has hurt someone in your family and brought a wound to the unity of your Church. Please bless my efforts as I seek less of my will and more for your glory and the encouragement of others. Through Jesus I ask it. Amen. Visit heartlight.org for more

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

Denise P likes this.
  13. Dolours

Dolours Powers

The post I responded to on this thread tells me that what sets Medjugorje apart is that followers of the "seers" believe that only those who agree with them can be faithful Catholics. The Mother of God is not the source of such sentiments.