1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Medjugorje message 25 Oct 2017

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by garabandal, Oct 25, 2017.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

“Dear children! I am calling you to be prayer in this time of grace. You all have problems, afflictions, sufferings and lack of peace. May saints be models to you and an encouragement for holiness; God will be near you and you will be renewed in seeking through your personal conversion. Faith will be hope to you and joy will begin to reign in your hearts. Thank you for having responded to my call.”

Sam, sparrow and Sanctus like this.
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

Joy is such a perfect sign of the presense of the Spirit

Sanctus and sparrow like this.
  3. Mario

Mario Powers

Faith will be hope to you and joy will begin to reign in your hearts.

Yes, Padraig, unshakable joy, not founded on the circumstances of life, but on the presence of God in our hearts, is the key. It has been two weeks since my oldest daughter, Rachel, arrived with three of our grandchildren in time for the marriage of my youngest daughter, Therese, last October 14th. The four of them flew out just a few hours ago to return to California. Their presence was wonderful and at the same time a holy bedlam:LOL:. I just finished washing a mound of dishes. While I was washing the dishes, out of the blue, the Lord placed on my heart the first homily I'm to give after my ordination next May 19.

It really centers on this joy in our hearts, rooted in the experience of the love of Christ. For how can we love one another as Jesus has loved us unless each of us has had a personal experience of His love (true joy). As 1John 4 states:

10 In this is love, not that we loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the expiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

The loving of one another is dependent on the true, efficacious realization and experience of God's love. For months we have been discussing the attack on God's commandments within and without the Church. But we must not forget that the commandments of God as proclaimed by the Church are crazy, the loftiest standards and highest demands ever placed upon men and women! The world thinks we're nuts and it is obvious that some of our own clergy believe we're nuts for thinking that these commandments are not only still viable, but able to be lived! How can God expect us to embrace such high demands?:eek: Only if I have experienced the joy of God's love for me, will I embrace these commands as an expression of my grateful love for Him! For the Lord's ways cannot become my ways apart from this gift, the flowering of our call at baptism.

Therefore, every night the Catholic who seeks to experience the joy of God's love must beg the Holy Spirit for this gift. I'm not referring to simply an emotion but rather a certainty which Jesus yearns to give. For the experience of this joy will cause one to desire to bring joy to Christ's Heart in return.

John 14: 15 If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

Dear Lady, intercede for all Christians, that enflamed with the love of Christ, they will embrace the loftiest of commands to bring Him joy!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    CathyG, Jonah, Fatima and 2 others like this.
  4. sterph

sterph Principalities

I'm clapping. Love this homily.

5. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Spot on Mario. Joy in the heart can only be expressed by the smile on ones face when in prayer. I never understood this joy until I fully embraced detachment from wanting things of this world. Abandonment to my own will to God's will is the key. It is true, that through grace we will experience the level of joy that comes with, not only following, but loving the commandments. One finds they are not about rules, but about love. I cannot express the joy and peace I have in my heart, but I can say it was a roller-coaster world in my heart until I received God's joy.

Mario, CathyG, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  6. padraig

padraig New Member

You are so blessed , Terry, you remind me of Father Abraham. Talking of joy sounds superb for a homily. I am trying to recall when I heard a homily on joy and failing. I think CS Lewis wrote a wonderful book on the subject which I might have read one time.

It reminds me of a never ending fountain. I sometimes wonder if we are so happy in this life what oh what will the joy be like in the World to come?

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/877675-surprised-by-joy-the-shape-of-my-early-life

CathyG likes this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

8. Mario

Mario Powers

I have not read this work, though I enjoyed this brief excerpt from the link in post 6:

In a sense the central story of my life is about nothing else...that of an unsatisfied desire which is itself more desirable than any other satisfaction. I call it Joy, which is here a technical term and must be sharply distinguished both from Happiness and Pleasure. Joy (in my sense) has indeed one characteristic, and one only, in common with them; the fact that anyone who has experienced it will want it again... I doubt whether anyone who has tasted it would ever, if both were in his power, exchange it for all the pleasures in the world. But then Joy is never in our power and Pleasure often is.
    C.S. Lewis, Surprised by Joy: The Shape of My Early Life

It is crucial to realize the differences between joy, pleasure, and happiness. The last is most often dependent on happenstance, or circumstances outside one's control. Pleasures, on the other hand, can be pursued in an attempt to arouse and satisfy our appetites. But joy is a gift bestowed by God. The experience of it is not constant, but I would say that it is closely related to faithfulness. To experience the repeated reappearance of God as He swoops down to rescue me from another swamp of quicksand ( usually of my own making) is truly wonderful. It creates a foundation of expectation grounded in joy.

Yes, do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength!

Booklady and sterph like this.
  9. padraig

padraig New Member

Well ......

one of the Fathers in Washington I was talking to, a Dominican Professor of Patrristics comments on the joy of the death of the Death of the death of the Martyrs:

He says

referring to St Ignatius

While he was serving in a parish in Washington he read of the famous passage from Ignatius that my bones be made into bread by the lions

When he read this everybody laughed in his Church

But the father knew as I knew that persecution is most immediadtley upon us

Booklady likes this.
  10. Booklady

Booklady Archangels

Padraig, you are correct it is upon us. One can feel this in one's soul and bones. I join you in prayer.

11. padraig

padraig New Member

Well it matters very little to me. I have no wife nor children, no possesioms and live a life of utter simplicity. Day by day.

But as I regard others in Our Holy Mother the Church...I remain very, very, very, concerned that those who have things to loose, because they have things to loose are not being honest and are not speaking out...

12. padraig

padraig New Member

terrible, terrible,terrible, times are about to come upon us. Truly terrible

3333666Terrible