Meditations on The Passion of Christ.

Discussion in 'Scriptural Thoughts' started by Mary's Child, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Mary's Child

Mary's Child Guest

Jimmy, I am so sorry if I offended you in any way, it was not my intention at all. I understood where you were coming from.

I also understand your humor, I have epilepsy and much to my families dismay I call my medication my dancing pills... Am always joking about it, drives my mum nuts.. Laughter and jokes help me to deal with things..

HOPE likes this.
  2. Mary's Child

Mary's Child Guest

Am so sorry to do this ( I so hope you laugh) ... but I want to pass the torch on... Sunburst covered the scourging.. Anyone any meditations on The Agony in The Garden???

3. insearch

insearch Angels

4. Mary's Child

Mary's Child Guest

:cry:... She is controversial too... She was condemned

5. Mary's Child

Mary's Child Guest

Oh my... What has happened to all the gifts of mysticism? Here is the place for it, it is very much needed here. Or the meditations of peoples hearts... Expressing what they know in their heart or their thoughts, reflections, of the Cross.. even if someone says... I think I know how Christ feels because I am going through this.. :(

6. insearch

insearch Angels

No she was not. Pope Pius XII has said about her work "Publish this work as it is. There is no need to give an opinion on its origin, if it the extraordinary or not. Those who read it, will understand". She might be controversial, but there was no condemnation officially.
    There certainly is no formal or official Church judgement for or against her.

Here is the brief history of events

http://www.maria-valtorta.net/

7. Mary's Child

Mary's Child Guest

http://www.ewtn.com/library/scriptur/valtorta.txt

HOPE likes this.
  8. padraig

padraig Powers

The Agony in the Garden.

A mystery of the rosary and so rightly so. For who really knows what went down there?

Some say the sins of the world went before His eyes. But how do they know really?

It was some titanic inner struggle so bad they had to send an angel from heaven to pull Him out of it. Poor Jesus.

Of all the sorrowful mysteries this is the one that always intrigues me most.

What went on in there? Oh what went on?

Oh my poor Jesus..what went on?

Mary's Child likes this.
  9. insearch

insearch Angels

this is just opinion of Fr. Mitch Pacwa which is just a private opinion.

I provided link where is a list of the highest Church Officials, including Popes who favored her work.

In any way the Poem is not condemned. It was also taken out from the censorship list, in 1962

10. Mary's Child

Mary's Child Guest

This is the one that I think is the most sorrowful pitiful sight Padraig. I can cry just looking at Him in this scene. Our Beautiful God who came to love, to serve, to heal, was left here by himself. The apostles sleeping.

Jesus would have been exhausted from the journey. The apostles were exhausted and they slept. Not knocking them, this is human.. Jesus couldn't sleep he was way too anxious. I am sure that many of us have been like this.

He was so petrified he sweated blood. Every fibre in his body must of wanted to run, but he didn't. He stayed, petrified as He was and prayer. Our beautiful humble loving God being this afraid and all by himself.

I like to think that the angel showed him all of us in the future who would have been so grateful. Padraig, I enter into this mystery on behalf of all the abused, I kneel beside him and I thank him so much for what he is about to undertake for love of us.

Every fibre shaking, full of fear.. yet fighting the urge to run.. What was greater than this fear that held him there? His beautiful perfect love for you and for me..

PotatoSack likes this.
  11. Tina S

Tina S Guest

It is a sorrowful sight, for sure. I imagine he was gaining much strength from this time with the Father too. Getting on His knees, pouring His heart out and, in the end, accepting the will of the Father out of obedience and love for all of us that he individually died for. He saw all of the awful sins of today when He was in agony. I am too naive to even begin to understand what He saw; I'd rather keep it that way since I'm sure it was terrible!

I have to say that this meditation is also a motivation for me to be a scheduled adorer of the Blessed Sacrament.

Matthew 26:40 - When he returned to his disciples he found them asleep. He said to Peter, "So you could not keep watch with me for one hour?

HOPE and Mary's Child like this.
  12. Mary's Child

Mary's Child Guest

Beautiful Tina. Thank you so much

13. insearch

insearch Angels

That was the first time when Jesus was abandoned by His Father - in the Garden

14. Mary's Child

Mary's Child Guest

Awww Insearch, He wasn't abandoned by the Father, but he was allowed to think He was. Isn't it very similar for us when we go through awful horrendous times and we feel so alone. The saints went through this, the dark night. Jimmy and Tim are going through something akin to this where they feel alone in their faith. Jesus had no consolations..

So sorry, Insearch, I am not disagreeing with you, am just thinking of the times when I felt deserted and thought that God the Father mustn't like me very much. I realized I was so wrong, and that He has always loved me, always been there. Intense suffering seems to shut out this light sometimes,

HOPE and Tina S like this.
  15. Tina S

Tina S Guest

That is how I have read it too; that Jesus felt abandoned because He knew what lied ahead of Him. He was on His knees praying so He had to have been praying to the Father.

Mary's Child likes this.
  16. insearch

insearch Angels

I understand he was not abandoned, since he and The Father is THE ONE, but as I see it - during the Passion Jesus had to be human and not God, in order for us, humans to be saved - so he had to be abandoned by the Divine part of him. Oh, I know, it sounds terrible and it is beyond our understanding, but that how I see it - for our redemption he had to pass that road as a human. That's why the devil was allowed to tempt Jesus - The God Almighty!

Mary's Child likes this.
  17. Mary's Child

Mary's Child Guest

I see it that he was allowed to think that he was abandoned. I have a feeling that we are trying to say the same thing in our own limited understanding. :)

insearch likes this.
  18. insearch

insearch Angels

I think so too.

HOPE and Mary's Child like this.
  19. sunburst

sunburst Powers

20. Mary's Child

Mary's Child Guest

Thank you sunburst. Please would you now take the torch and share your inspirations/thoughts/ on the passion.. his arrest perhaps?