Marijuana

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by RoryRory, Jan 1, 2018.

1. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Is it a grave sin to buy stocks in drugs like legalized medical and recreational marijuana?

2. Denise P

Denise P Archangels

I guess as much as it is to buy stock in liquor and cigarettes.

Byron likes this.
  3. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Interesting question. I use a lotion that is made for pain relief which helps to lessen the constant pain from rheumatism. It has zero psychoactive affects helps for minor pain and is legal to purchase here. I have wondered about this very thing because when used in a manner in which it is intended it does certainly have a medicinal value. However as Denise said, many times it is used by people in which it is not healthy both physically and spiritually.
    I would think that with some diligent research it would be possible to invest money into companies who are ethical and produce these products. I have found also though however that there is a large amount of people and seemingly companies who are only involved with this industry for profit motives. This I would find to be objectionable personally like any other investment.

RoryRory likes this.
  4. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Any more advice

5. soldier of christ

soldier of christ Archangels

I think this is a question where you have to dig down deep in your soul and ask yourself what is your motivation. People can invest in many things to make money. If you truly thought your investment was to aid and benefit the research to help individuals in pain then I would entertain the thought some more. If you felt that somewhere down the road this could lead others to harm then the answer is obvious. As a Catholic Christian, it is our responsibility to make all our decisions based on moral law. If you are unsure find somewhere else to invest your money.

josephite and Don_D like this.