Discussion in 'Scriptural Thoughts' started by fallen saint, Oct 27, 2017.
We are not all saints FS.
And the closer we get to be one the more we will realize this.
We are all sinners.
Who has ever preached that we are all saints?
If we are not saints then we belong to the other guy. We are the communion of saints. The only difference is the Church declares a saint here on earth. But you better be a saint when you go to judgement or you might end up on the wrong side.
We are all saints...at least I hope so.
Maybe Brother Al means ..........We all belong to the communion of saints!
One thing that the saints had during their time here on earth was faith and holiness. We are all called to be saints in the places we live from the moment of our Baptism, we are called to live lives of holiness.
The term saint comes from the Latin term, sancti, which means holy.
Mother Teresa take on faith and holiness......
1. “Living a Christian life provides for the growth of faith. There have been many saints who have gone before to guide us, but I like the ones who are simple, like St. Therese of Lisieux, the Little Flower of Jesus…she did ordinary things with extraordinary love.”
2. “Faith in action is service. We try to be holy because we believe. In most modern rooms you see an electrical light that can be turned on with a switch. But, if there is no connection with the main powerhouse, then there can be no light. Faith and prayer is the connection with God, and when that is there, there is service.”
3. “No one can take my faith from me. If, in order to spread the love of Christ among the poor and neglected, there were no alternative but to remain in that country, I would remain – but I would not renounce my faith. I am prepared to give up my life but never my faith.”
4. “You have to be holy where you are – wherever God has put you.”
5. “Holiness grows fast where there is kindness. I have never heard of kind souls going astray. The world is lost for want of sweetness and kindness.”
6. “Holiness is not something extraordinary, not something for only a few brains, with intellectual powers that can reason, that can discuss, that can have long talks and read very wonderful books. Holiness is for every one of us as a simple duty – the acceptance of God with a smile, at all times, anywhere and everywhere.”
7. “Holiness is not the luxury of the few; it is a simple duty, for you and for me. We have been created for that. So let us be holy as Our Father in Heaven is holy.”
8. “Holiness is not in the feelings of in imagination, it is reality. One thing that helps me and will help you is this: works of love are works of holiness.”
9. “God does not demand that I be successful. God demands that I be faithful. When facing God, results are not important. Faithfulness is what is important.”
10. “We must become holy not because we want to feel holy, but because Christ must be able to live His life fully in us.”
11. “Nothing can make me holy except the presence of God and to me the presence of God is fidelity to small things. Fidelity to small things will lead you to Christ. Infidelity to small things will lead you to sin.”
12. “I must give myself completely to him. I must not attempt to control God’s actions. I must not desire a clear perception of my advance along the road, nor know precisely where I am on the way of holiness. I ask him to make a saint of me, yet I must leave to him the choice of that saintliness itself and still more the choice of the means that lead to it.”
So good...we are all saints.
Yes, this is what we say, we believe as Catholics in our Holy Catholic creed!
I believe in God the Father the Almighty......
I believe in the Holy Spirit.
the Holy Catholic Church,
the Communion of saints,
the Forgivness of sins,
the Resurrection of the body
and Life everlasting . Amen
The communion of saints, is......
The Church Triumphant [saints in heaven]
The Church Militant [saints living,][ that would be us]
The Church suffering. [saints in purgatory]
Of course, Mac is saying something very profound and true...
We are all sinners and cannot presume we are saved because of our creed!
Because first, the Creed, must be lived!
Just remember J & Gang,
The proper spelling of Catholic in the Apostle's and Nicene Creeds is small case "c". Back to the Greek word meaning Universal.
Too many Catholics use the improper spelling to disparage Protestants. I live in the Bible Belt and will have to depend on Protestant neighbors/friends in any Storm be it the usual storms of life or The Storm of our generation. I think we will ALL be surprised at who shares our "Lifeboat"!
GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!
People would be surprised at who is in the boat.
God sees and hears even what's in ones heart.
This battle is universal...billions of souls.
May Gods Will be Done
Separate names with a comma.