1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Just a thought.

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Sanctus, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Sanctus

Sanctus "Jesus, I Trust In You!"

Does anyone find that reconciliation is some times easier than just to forgive? I personally I find forgiveness difficult, but find it easier to reconcile. Or is it the same thing? A good priest told me about the importance of reconciliation in our lives.

2. Light

Light Angels

Sanctus

I find forgiveness difficult also. Even though I intellectually forgive, yet my soul does not immediately let go of the hurt that was the cause of the sin and it surfaces at times. Because in the "Our Father" prayer, I am asking God "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive... " we have to go deeper in our efforts to truly forgive. I believe that (a) asking the Lord to make us immediately aware of our thoughts on the hurt we suffered and (b) immediately praying for the person is the answer.

God Bless

3. Don_D

Don_D Powers

I was told a long time ago to pray for those who we have a hard time forgiving. It certainly has helped me especially in not wishing them harm or harboring resentments toward them. This of course does not mean anyone should be a doormat.

Shae, Seagrace, sterph and 4 others like this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

I don't see how true reconciliation can come about without forgiveness. We can appear to be reconciled but without forgiveness there is no true reconciliation we only appear to bury something that is still wriggling and squirming about.

In the Our Father we say, 'Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us'

If we do not forgive God does not forgive us. It is as simple as that.

Forgiveness is not a one off in my experience. We have to keep on and on forgiving everyday. It is a constant unending battle. But without God's Armour, His Grace we couldn't even start to forgive.

I think one of the reasons I find forgiving very hard is that I forget how very,very much I need forgiving myself.

[​IMG]

Light, Shae, AED and 3 others like this.
  5. AED

AED Powers

Fr Ripperger said that forgiveness is in the will. It is not in the emotions. And sometimes it’s an ongoing process. All that is necessary is to say “Eternal Father please grant this person happiness in this world and the next.” And set your will toward that. You don’t have to like someone in order to love them in the biblical sense. You have to will good to them. And he says that prayer covers it.

SgCatholic, Praetorian, Don_D and 4 others like this.
  6. Sanctus

Thanks everyone, I have a bit more clarity around the subject now.

Shae and Carol55 like this.
  7. Sanctus I was given a great lesson in life and I had a great teacher (my father) he had the ability to forgive and forget and I thank God I have also received this great gift I would advise anyone who has been hurt to ask God to bless them with the gift of forgiving and fogetting...

I shed some light on this subject some time ago...

Seagrace, Sanctus, AED and 2 others like this.
  8. Sanctus

Thank you QutD, I will indeed pray for this gift of forgiveness that you have!

9. Sanctus

Thank you Light.

10. Sanctus

What I am finding is helping to really forgive is a recent message from Medjugorje where Our Lady said that" Jesus used to tell me that everyone was his brother and sister". This is really helping me to love more lately.

Carol55 likes this.
  11. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Sanctus, This is a wonderful thread. Something that we all struggle with at different times and it is especially timely at the moment in my opinion.

Sanctus likes this.
  12. Don_D

Don_D Powers

Do you remember which message this was? Jesus told us specifically that those who do the will of the Father are his Mother, Brother, and Sister. This is not the Gospel I know.

Carol55 likes this.
  13. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Don, This was very observant of you, I am interested to read the whole message also now. What Sanctus stated reminded me of the following scripture which some MOG members helped me with recently,

John 13:34-35 (DRA)
    A new commandment I give unto you: That you love one another, as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you have love one for another.
    I didn't think of what you stated immediately.

Don_D likes this.
  14. Don_D

Don_D Powers

Yes, I too thought of this which you referenced as well as Peter asking Our Lord how many times are we to forgive. 70x7 times. I believe that loving one another (Laying down our lives if need be) is different though than being Brothers and Sisters in Christ precisely because although many would say that works matters little it is the outward sign or fruit of our obedience to God and His Church manifest to the world. Precisely why so many hate it and argue against it blindly and unceasingly. Not even understanding why they do so. It is God's Love, Grace, and Mercy which drops the scales from our eyes and allows us to see His Truth and in turn He continues to give. kindling in us the fire to obey Him and bring Glory to Him.

We can be called to lay down our life for others, those who would condemn us and hate us, who surely are not our Brothers and Sisters in Christ. So that they too might some day be.

Carol55 likes this.
  15. Sanctus

It was the 2ND of October message to mirjana. Jesus used to say all peoples were his brothers , according to the message.