1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Jesus was born on 25 December

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Inis Eoghain, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Most of our neighbours haven't taken down their decorations yet, although a few people I know have. We do it early because I get sick looking at them but I couldn't bring myself to take down the crib before the 6th because it wouldn't feel right and my mother would turn in her grave. We don't put the candle in the window after St. Stephen's night until the night of the 5th.

Sorry, CrewDog, I meant to say thanks for your greeting and to wish you a Happy Little Christmas day tomorrow (it's actually today here already but for some reason I'm finding it hard to sleep).

CrewDog, Carol55 and AED like this.
  2. sterph

sterph Principalities

I leave mine up until the feast of the presentation, Feb 2.

Carol55 and Jeanne like this.
  3. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Wow, Sterph, that's a long time. I'd go nuts if I had to look at fairly lights, santa ornaments and singing snowmen for more than a few weeks.

4. sterph

sterph Principalities

I miss the green of summer so the tree in my house with lights on it is a good substitute. And most of my decorations are religious so they won't tire me at all.

Jeanne and Dolours like this.
  5. Rain

Rain Powers

One year I left my Christmas tree up until the day before Easter. There was no religious reason for it. Just being lazy, I guess. Of course, my sisters have never let me live it down.

CrewDog and sterph like this.