1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Jesus of Nazareth

Discussion in 'Books, movies, links, websites.' started by padraig, Dec 22, 2016.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

I was watching, 'Jesus of Narareth', again last night , mostly to see again the wonderful Nativity scene. I was so surprised it does not seem to have aged at all. But it occurs to me that Our Blessed Lady , while fairly well portrayed in this misses much. The one thing about Mary to me they seem to miss is her huge strength rooted in her prayerfulness . In other words the Mary portrayed is too human if you like. Prayer has exalted Mary. This does not put Mary in a pedestal too high above us, it simply gives us something to aim at.

In the Protestant written hymn for instance , 'Mary did you know?' the Catholic answer must be, well yes of course she knew.

Beth B likes this.
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

3. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I just watched it again too Padraig. I was just a young girl when it was first aired on tv. Our entire family watched it together. I thought it was wonderful! I also agree that Our Lady could have been portrayed differently too. Over all, it was one of the best portrayals of the life of Christ I've ever seen.

sterph likes this.